Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

About time, Al-Jazeera called out.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by CyberHawk, Jun 5, 2005.

1. CyberHawk

CyberHawk IncGamers Member

About time, Al-Jazeera called out.

I've been saying Al-Jazeera promoted terrorism since I saw Nick Berg beheaded. Of course they "want' to airtime this crap..they want the ratings like any other media..and hence get more money.
    "Ya kill more Americans...we need the money"..sounds like promoting to me.

And always with "Al-Jazeera failed to comment on how they recieve the video"..I hear in most articles about videos released by them. Basterds.

Link

Finally someone says it publicly. At least as far as I know..

2. AeroJonesy

AeroJonesy IncGamers Member

Well my guess is the first comeback will be that the US incites terrorism by airing things like the bodies of Uday and Qusay Hussein. This is a large can of worms, and I don't know if it will do anyone any good by opening it.

3. CyberHawk

Well it was mainly this paragraph that made me glad that he said something.

"If anyone here lived in the Middle East and watched a network like Al-Jazeera day after day after day, even if you were an American you would begin to believe that America was bad," Rumsfeld told an Asian defense conference."

Maybe we noticed some of our Asian friends starting to "listen" to such garbage.

Se he followed up with;

"Quite honestly, I do not get up in the morning and think that America is what's wrong with the world. The people that are going on television, chopping off people's heads is what's wrong with the world.

4. llad12

llad12 IncGamers Member

If Rumy was a citizen of Fallujah, I would venture to say that he might have a different view on this topic.

-----------

You might want to read this article Cyber:

Reuters

5. Anakha1

Anakha1 Banned

Or... y'know... America sometimes does bad things and it gets reported and THAT's what makes America look bad...

6. DurfBarian

DurfBarian IncGamers Member

"If anyone here lived in the United States and watched a network like Fox News day after day after day, even if you were an Iraqi you would begin to believe that your country was responsible for 9/11," some random partisan voice told a crowd of people he wanted on his side."

Hell, you convinced me. Freedom of the press is bad.

7. DrunkCajun

DrunkCajun Banned

Didn't Newsweek prove that? Burn em all! PBS and NPR for teh win!1!

8. Geeno

Geeno IncGamers Member

How dare they show whats going on in the world.

I want to know about the soldiers writing letters and drinking sodas. Not fighting and saying mean things and stuff.

Gosh darnit.

edit: seriously this has to be a freakin joke.

9. CyberHawk

An expected response from you.

But when articles, such as the one llad posted, says even other Arab governments are angered..and Al-J being forbidden from Saudi Arabia also...guess it isn't just Washington uh?

10. DrunkCajun

DrunkCajun Banned

Yeah, because Saudi Arabia is a bastion of free speech, freedom, and democracy in this world.

HAH!

11. CyberHawk

Ya we wouldn't want that would we!

12. Anakha1

Anakha1 Banned

With Saudi Arabia sucking up to Washington? Never would have expected that. Anyways, I'm just pointing out alternative points of view... y'know... like news corporations are supposed to do. But hey, don't let that stop anyone. One day someone might, under the obviously false and evil propaganda that suggests that America actually does bad things now and then, admit that Bush and Rumsfeld don't piss holy water.

13. DrunkCajun

DrunkCajun Banned

Not sure what you're drawing htat from, but now that you mention it, no, I don't think the Bush administration would really like that. A democratised Saudi Arabia would be among the more radical governments in the Middle East, and most likely would be steadfastly opposed to US policy, rendering our oil supplies doubtful.

14. CyberHawk

Anakha1news.com? :eek:

15. Geeno

Geeno IncGamers Member

So you like free speech or not?

16. farting bob

farting bob Banned

I think that yes, Al-Jazeera incites hatred towards amiericans, but beheadings and stuff that they show does not, its the anti-american propaganda that is shown that does. The beheadings isnt going to convince any normal person to hate america, if anything it'll have the opposite effect. But the other things they show and do to make americna look evil, that is worse.
    However, americans can also be blamed for inciting it. Linking iraq and other countries bush doesnt like with 9/11, even indirectly, and calling countries 'evil' which i have heard many times from bush himself, when in fact, iraq had nothing to do with 9/11.
    Basically, both sides have to back down, and that wont be happening any time soon.

17. CyberHawk

Well at that..Japan didnt have anything to do with WWII..only their leaders did. But doesnt a country have to stand behind its leaders..to a certain extent. And in Iraq case.....

do we really want to get this started up..for the 111th time? My point is Al-J is beng called out in something..and I think thats there alot of truth there. Cutting peoples heads off does inflict with the moral of a country..which in turn casues pressure on its leaders. They tend to start to blame their leaders as in "why..why count you save them"...and then they start to say nothing at all...which can be either a good thing or a bad thing.

18. jmervyn

jmervyn IncGamers Member

Cyber, you're going nowhere with this one. Sorry.

If you want to know what one of the major errors the U.S. committed in what has become the 'war on terror', it was the cessation of what the previous posters would have referred to as American propaganda. Several administrations have seen the steady dismantling of our outreach and information programs, simply because they don't yield the same sort of clear-cut results that hydroelectric projects and military missions do.

My Mom worked for an agency which went through a plethora of name changes, USIA being the last (I believe) before it was swallowed by the State Department. Voice of America, likewise, has been slashed at with the abandon displayed in teen gore flicks. Without these sort of agencies, and the programs they promote, we cede the upper hand to rancid outlets like Al-J.

19. CyberHawk

hehe..I know you know what your talking about..but man I read thru your post 4 times. Are you talking about the media..kinda being the blame? And if so..I dont understand...hell I'm sorry, I dont know what your talking about to be perfectly honest.? :(

20. Geeno

Geeno IncGamers Member

where do you get your news, cyber?

the whole 9/11 - iraq thing was proven fradulent long ago.