About these frustrating ad-bots coming to pub games

Zeruel

Diabloii.Net Member
About these frustrating ad-bots coming to pub games

I'm sure this topic has been talked about, but I can't seem to search for past threads on this, so please bear with me.

Almost every pub games I join (for baal runs, quests, dueling, etc) these ad-bots come in periodically and spam messages on websites selling items (the sites are all the same, ******** and overpriced, but that's another subject)

I tried squelching some, but it says player not logged on or something like that. But these friggin bots keep coming in and out.

I'm sure I'm not alone in thinking that this is pretty damn annoying. Does anyone know how to prevent this? (short of making private games or games with level restrictions) Or at least how these bots work.

Ezakimak

Diabloii.Net Member
hmmm....could someone use one of these add bots to tell everyone to put lvl resttricts on there games and then we would get rid of the add bots....or atleast force the users to lvl them up a bit more. Maybe up to lvl 9 so we could atleast have fun hostilling them... :lol:

Zeruel

Diabloii.Net Member
so private games and level restrictions are the only solutions?

Its kinda hard when I join pub games to play. Most don't have restrictions.

Also, why doesn't squelching the accounts of these bots work?

DK7

Diabloii.Net Member
th5418 said:
Because they are not actually signed onto b.net
Huh? How so? Not doubting you I just want more details on how they get on bnet without logging into it?? :scratch: