Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

About the pits.....

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Makaveli, Mar 4, 2004.

1. Makaveli

Makaveli IncGamers Member

About the pits.....

Hey sorry if this has been asked before, but my zon just entered hell, and she can kill really well. Anyway i did some pit runs but i realized that i have very little to no mf. Is it worthless to do pits if i have no mf? I could put on some mf gear, but im kind lazy :)

Thanks,
    Maka

2. cOMMANDo

cOMMANDo IncGamers Member

mf is all about how lucky you are, lots of mf or none at all
    jump in the pit and get some exp, maybe something worth picking up will fall, maybe not

3. Faye

Faye IncGamers Member

I wouldn't say MF-less runs are worthless. You could get lucky and find some good uniques but your chances of that are slimmer than if you had decent MF. However, you could find highly sought after runes, charms and jewels.

4. Makaveli

Alright thanks guys, yeah im probably stick to them since i really had meph runs now, and they are really easy. Although i wont probably find anything for a while its still fun to nuke the pit lvl 2 with LF.

Maka

5. Tapewar

Tapewar IncGamers Member

Magic find is magic find. If you want higher chances on uniques/sets, wear more MF gear. If you are farming the pits for jewels/charms however, really no point in having mf. Just slowly add MF to your rig until you are still happy with your kill speed. As well, resists arent a big issue at all in the pits (especially as a ranged class - assuming your a bowazon/javazon), so those can be sacrificed for more MF.

6. Makaveli

Yeah my resists blow pritty bad, but i seem to do alright, good old merc and valk are tanking. Another question though, are there lots of light immunes in act3? Like the flayer place, i hear thats a pritty good mf place because of all the guys there.

7. AFBrat

AFBrat IncGamers Member

Just get 100% or better MF and you will be fine, tons of good stuff to find even with MF this low. Also, be sure to ck elite items for sockets, some of these will be worth something to the right person.

With between 118 and 140 MF running The Pit I found about 25-30 elite unique or set items in The Pit, and not a crazy amount of runs either. Not to mention hard to find socketable items and nice charms. I used a LS/Jab zon, aren't Lightning Zons fun in The Pit ;) ? I had a blast there.

After 100% MF unique % gradually degrades, hard to explain. Just make sure you get 100% or better when running the Pit and you will be set. I wouldn't run The Pit with under about 100%.

8. Makaveli

Alright yeah thanks for the advice. LF zons are a blast in the pits, especially lvl 2, i just toss bolts everywhere then run down and clean up. Half the guys i kill i haven't even see. But yeah ill probably get 100 mf, should be too hard, chances, goldwrap thats like 60 there. What items do you suggest?

9. AFBrat

AFBrat IncGamers Member

a 25% Mf or better Nagelring for instance, though I wouldn't dare say 2, mainly because Ravenfrost (if you have) is just too good in Hell diff to sacrifice for a 2nd MF ring. Just for the run, you could use Tancreds ammy and boots, that will give you an additional 78%, though I wouldn't suggest those while questing, strictly for MF Pit run. That will give you well over 100%, just keep doing your runs, things will turn up. Kill EVERYTHING in The Pit, just too many great potential monster drops there on either level . The overrated chest in the bottom right on lvl 2 should not be the focus of your run.

10. xlodtraderx

xlodtraderx IncGamers Member

dayum...u took makaveli.....i hate u....jks ^^

11. Makaveli

Hah sorry about that man.

AFbrat: Yeah thanks for the advice, i will probably just use chances,gold, and nagel, thats like 90 right there plus i have some mf charms. I reallly haven't found anything good yet, i found an IK maul but that was gettin to the pits. Oh well i guess magic finding takes some patience. I just hate seeing all these people talk about there godly drops and me gettin nothing hah :)

12. ferretgod

ferretgod IncGamers Member

It all about patience,

Spent week running the pit, got a truck load of mid uniques and some elite. (including arch mesh) so keep doing that. Usually not to make it boring, I will do 3 runs when I login, and then one and 2 before I leave. Usually will get my stash full with stuff I do not need (and may be one or tow I do)

P.S. I use summon necro, so I have MF ger on al lthe time. he is not the fastest, but I have yet to be killed in the pits. (MF ~500)

13. Fafner

Fafner IncGamers Member

You guys are talking about B-net right? Is this usually 1 player games then. In SP we have the beautiful /players x command which all pit runners set to 8 if their serious. Rags to riches in a week. I guess it would be hard in B-net to get 8 people for a pit game, but I wouldn't know.

14. Makaveli

Yeah players 8 would be extreamally nice as i would then probably find something usfull. Although i could just join a high player count game and try it out there but i imagine that most people do that and by the time i would get in there it would probably be done. Ow well i guess ill start doing some more pit runs, wont find anything spending time at the forums :)

15. Anksun

Anksun IncGamers Member

I'll give my opinion on this one.

Considering the value of many SOCKETS ITEMS like 3 sockets armor, 4sockets pally shields with resists, eth CB and zerker axe and.... many others. I consider the pits to be almost as good to run without mf.

Keep trying and just look for those items, i'm running the pits also and since i have more magic find (now in the 350 range) i'm finding more sets and uniques for sure but less of the previous items i mentioned. And in fact, the results are that those are not worthing more then the others...

Pits are easy, pits can drop high items, no magic find = better chance at normal and sockets items... = pits without magic find worth it.

Add to that it's good experience

16. Makaveli

Yeah it is accually really good exp, my merc is loving it also.
    I guess that no mf would help out since those 3 socketed archon plates are very hot right now. I have yet to find any of those but i am crossing my fingers. What are all the items most people are looking for? Like Eth cb's/zerkers/ any bows or anything?