Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

About the equipment graphic bug..

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by bohooho, Aug 27, 2006.

1. bohooho

bohooho IncGamers Member

About the equipment graphic bug..

How come my equipments aren't showing to others within the same game? I heard the +attributes on torches/anni are the causes. Can anyone confirm what's going on with this glitch? Thanks.

2. Inokis

Inokis IncGamers Member

This is called a strength bug. When you use an item to equip other items. The items you equip also have strength mods that allow you to keep them on when you remove the other item. For example:

Lets say you have a ring that gives you 15 str, thats enough to equip a belt, boots and gloves that you wouldn't be able to use otherwise. The belt boots and gloves all give you enough str to keep them equipped while you remove the ring for use of a diff ring.

Basically you are removing the base strength needed to equip the items, but since the items have strength they remain equipped but show as not equipped.

3. bohooho

bohooho IncGamers Member

I heard about this, but my first hammerdin didn't had this problem. This is because my hammerdin didn't considered using anni/torch in the first place and my hammerdin were stacking str mods from other gears cept those 2 charms.

4. nickedoff

nickedoff IncGamers Member

I'm not sure if it's possible like that, inokis.

The strength bug he's thinking of (while yours is indeed a strength bug) is when you use only charms to afford just enough strength to wear your highest strength equipment with all strength/dexterity from other sources (IE, 2 from Harley, 60+ from enigma, etc) without going over the limit unless you make up for it with other charms.

For instance, say you want to strength bug some axe that requires 20 str to use on your barbarian, but you're using a 10 str helmet.

You'd have the ten from your helmet, and then add str until you're at 18 str, and then use a 2 (or whatever) str charm.

It's almost impossible to do if you don't either plan your attributes (which always gives me a headache) or just save them until your final level.