About the Dragon Tail..

philmein

Diabloii.Net Member
About the Dragon Tail..

Alright, so I calculated my DT damage in conjunction with the TS, and the result is 7k damage. However, whenever I inflict this damage on certain monsters within NM mode, it doesn't instantly kill them. Why? I'm pretty sure that the monsters contain a high level of fire resistance, and that's why they're able to withstand my attack, right?

ilkori

Diabloii.Net Member
Damage from DTail depends on how much physical damage is actually dealt to the creature. That means high physical resistance on enemies will directliy reduce your fire damage dealt.

Joergermeister

Diabloii.Net Member
When you discharge DTail on a monster, all of the monsters around it take the fire damage from Dtail based on how much physical damage is dealt to the targeted monster. The Monster you targeted for the release doesn't actually take the full 7K damage you calulated, that would only be dealt in the area of effect fire damage around the monster. The monster you target for the release only takes the physical portion of the damage. So if you target a physical immune monster no physical damage is dealt and therefore there is no fire damage dealt in the AOE to the monsters around it. Hope thats not too confusing..... Good Luck.

*NiteHawk

Joergermeister

Diabloii.Net Member
BIGeyedBUG said:
The release target is also affected by the splash.
Sorry about that.. not sure what I was thinking this morning.... The monster you target is the only one to take the physical dmg all of the monsters take the AOE dmg....

*NiteHawk