About smiting weapons and IAS

brawler

Diabloii.Net Member
About smiting weapons and IAS

Ok guys i've been thinking about what weapon to get for smiting, and im thinking of grief PB and grief BA.

And im thinking that i want the grief BA, cause of the range, but ive heard it needs 40ias to be effective. Now - why is it that it needs 40 ias? and what other ias gear do i need to use to get to the right ias cap? If you can link me to anything useful then pls do, otherwise try to explain this to me! im also thinking about a scourge weapon, any negative sides asbout a scourge weapon? thanks for help

Arutha

Diabloii.Net Member
To reach the last smite breakpoint with a zerker you will need a total of 50% ias if you have a lvl 27 or higher Fanaticism, otherwise you will need 55% ias if its lvl 26 or lower. So basically any grief zerk with less than 40%ias you need need to wear 20%ias gloves or highlords or a 15%ias jewel or something along those lines. Now for me personally I want a 40%ias grief so that I don't have to use any of those, I want to wear bloodfists (nice %fhr and +life), and since they only have 10%ias I need a 40%ias grief to get that 50% total. Currently however I am useing a grief zerker with 35%ias until I can get a 40/390+ so I am forced to use 20%ias gloves.

What do you mean your thinking about a scourge weapon? Greif can only be made in swords and axes, so are you talking about stormlash? If so stormlash is ok for ubers with its %cb and ctc static but for smiteing personally I like the raw damage provided from grief.

emin

Diabloii.Net Member
ONE MORE QUESTION:
Will a War Axe 5 sox be as good as a Berserker aXe 5 sox? out of a pure smiting perspective, its got the same range and speed, hasnt it ? thanks!!!

Tankmobile

Diabloii.Net Member
i think phase blade is much better if this is for pvm (ubers) and not pvp. means no extra ias on gear, and range isnt that important in pvm. the higher damage on the ba aint that important cos of griefs "hidden damage". for pvm pb is usually better than ba