Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

About seeing damage etc.

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by Nerigazh, Oct 18, 2006.

1. Nerigazh

Nerigazh IncGamers Member

About seeing damage etc.

Howdy all. I'm a longtime RPG/MUD/MMOG player, but new to Diablo II. I like it a lot, but one thing that bugs me is the lack of any text/log of what's going on. When I get a new weapon, I like to see the bigger numbers, not just kinda sense that stuff is dying faster. Is there any sort of setting, mod etc. that would show the actual damage I'm doing to something, show me my critical hits, and whatnot? Or am I just stuck looking at the character sheet and making guesses?

2. psych

psych IncGamers Member

You can see the damage range in your character screen, but in many cases there is wrong information displayed (LCS = lying char screen)

I believe you see a critical hit on screen by white sparkles around your char, but I am not too sure on this

3. Frosty_The_Snowman

Frosty_The_Snowman IncGamers Member

Yes, crushing blow, deadly strike, open wounds, etc... have their specific animations. With a bit of practice, you'll learn to notice them all :wink:.

4. smeer

smeer IncGamers Member

see also: http://www.battle.net/forums/thread....=1&#post163465

Why do people talk about the "Lying Character Screen", or LCS?

Because the screen flat out LIES about many important stats. Meaning that the numbers you see on the character screen are not the numbers the game actually uses. I do not think it has had any major updates since 1.06, so things like +damage modifiers, off-weapon ED%, etc. are NOT displayed correctly, if at all.
    Gta-maloy] had this to say about it:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Q u o t e:

That screen, in many circumstances, only properly shows resistances, the character's level, the experience gained and the damage dealt for the first two levels.

After that is done, it sucks.

Once you die, the Anya bug is not listed. (interjection: I, Ernir, will discuss the Anya bug below)

Masteries and synergies are not properly multiplied together, damage modifiers are completely ignored, the equations used for AR and damage are outdated....

The chance to block seems alright though :S
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ortliebj added this:

Q u o t e:

It is broken by the time you reach a place called the "Den of Evil".

There's even an old bug where your name can be displayed incorrectly.

For the CORRECT damage and AR numbers, check this site. http://dpw.bounceme.net/d2/

5. thegiantturtle

thegiantturtle IncGamers Member

I suggest removing that link. It's against site policy to link to competing sites. That site immediately links to competing trading forums.

6. smeer

smeer IncGamers Member

Oeps didn't see that, checked it but only see calculators...also can't edit my post anymore...will look through the thing and if I see links to other trading forums I will ask mod to remove link

edit: Ah yes I see it. You mean: "BaronKarlRiche's Legit Trading Forum is here"

I will ask mod to remove link