Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

About Running in d2

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Kamilbolt, Apr 2, 2004.

1. Kamilbolt

Kamilbolt IncGamers Member

About Running in d2

Hi. I am little nervous and i will go right to the point. To 90% of all players on the world playing on diablo through BattleNet: YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT THE RUNNING IS!!!!!!!!!!! It's not foolish running on area whithout any common sense only to get next locations' level like in Worldstone Chamber or another. It's a killing all of monsters which we find during this running. Can't you think, that many of players, who are creating runz like baalrunz are in need of experience, not stupid running like on some championship?!!!! My necro have died a couple of minutes ago only because of these stupidy and insanity. Other player(guess who: sorcerress), gave me town portal into a huge quantity of monsters. These situations are very often during Acane Sanctuary near Horazon's Journal. Those, who get this portal is dead on more than 100%. He even don't know, that this townportal is trapped. gain: RUNZ ARE NOT STUPID RUNNING. Can't you understand that?????????? If you will not understand this, it will be very negative suprise for me. I only don't know, how much time it have to wait, that you will understand my suggestion. So before you will start to throw all sorts of critical opinions against me, TRY TO THINK ABOUT YOURSELF!!And after that you can tell me that you are right with my suggestion or not. See ya.

2. ButterFace

ButterFace IncGamers Member

ummmm..... :scratch:

Anyone know what he is talking about?

3. Starseed

Starseed IncGamers Member

Scary thing is, I think I do. :scratch:

4. Nastie_Bowie

Nastie_Bowie Banned

Is he pissed because he took a hot tp, and got smoked?

5. toader

toader Banned

Hi

Dont be nervous.

Im gonna have to disagree. I baalrun is not killing all monsters from the worldstone to baal, unless you simply MUST do this to get down there. A baalrun is getting to the throne of destruction (usually one person runs fast or teleports there), and killing the monsters there, then killing baals minons for massive experience.

Yes, agreed, the exact reason a person creates a baalrun game is indeed for experience. This might be why we dont see any games called "StupidRunning-01." As I stated above, there is usually a set pattern for baalruns. Your mad at people for not playing the way you want, and thats just ignorant. Why should someone play the way you tell them, and not the way they deem is fun for them? You seem very selfish.

Sounds exactly like something I would do, as the sorc I mean. I am usully the one that teleports down to the area we all want to be in. All the people in town (people like yourself im guessing) sit and scream for a TP TP TP TP TP the instant they see you in the area. I will send a TP when its safe for everyone, but if little asshats keep on asking for a TP, I will give them one right in the middle of certain death. Sounds like to me like this is what happeend to you.

Once again...your right. Runs are made for going to a particular area and clearing it out. You can usually tell what area will be cleared by the name of the game. If you wanna do the worldstone, maybe you should make a game called Worldstone-01.

I understand, now you try.

Its your lucky day...wait no longer!!!

My opinion is you got killed because you were asking someone (rudely) for a TP that they didnt feel comfortable sending yet. You pressed the issue (probably thru spamming methods) so you got your just dessert.

Ooooo, Im a sexy beast.

I dont think you really suggested anything at all actually. You just kept saying....Runs are not stupid running. Sounds more like you did alot of complaining and no offering of a solution. I offered you a solution, if you wanna clear an area, make a game for that area. Example as before: Worldstone-001.

Doubt it.

6. ButterFace

Toader rocks, I think i kind of know what he was saying now.........kinda. :cheesy:

7. SuggestiveName

SuggestiveName IncGamers Member

Lesson 2: Take a few minutes to relax and contemplate before you post a nonsensical angry tirade about your dying/trapped tp/loss of items/scammed/hacked/banned experience. Perhaps write the post and then delete it, so as to get it off your mind and not come off sounding like a moron on the forums.

8. MinasMorgul

MinasMorgul IncGamers Member

Wow...Toader took everything i wanted to say to him, and said it to him, awsome less work for me...

*walks away from the Rant singing to himself*

*Comes back to the Rant with a determind expression on his face.*

I do understand what a "RUNZ" is Though (So does 90% of the Diablo 2 Community), even though i havent played the game in over a year. sheesh, and a RUNNING can mean many different things like what Toader said...{Continued after Quote}

There's also a Diablo run, Pit run, Meph run, cow run (you do kill everycow in a cow run...sometimes), Pindle Run, Andy Run, etc... basically there are different types of runs so don't say that you have to kill everysingle monster, that is only one type of many different runs. i basically just recaped what toader just said didn't I?

*Walks Away From the Rant Humming a Tune*

9. Cloud_Walker

Cloud_Walker Banned

I think he got smoked by a hot tp (lol that sounds so cool) and/or was clearing his way to the Throne and thought he would get help from the Vigor Pally that just sped on by, and got smoked then.

When I saw the post title, I thought he was talkin' about running by pressing the 'R' button... like toader said, running can have many meanings.

About the hot tp, though, I might send one even if no one is being annoying, because large quantities of monsters also might mean I need help. Sure, a few may come through and die, but we sure as hell wouldnt get anywhere if I died without sending a tp.

10. luuuucifer

luuuucifer IncGamers Member

I think the most annoying people are the ones standing around in town screaming for someone to teleport, then screams for TPs constantly.
    I wish there's a quick way to tell everyone not to go into the TP, and then send a trapped TP to the whiners.

11. Wuhan_Clan

Wuhan_Clan IncGamers Member

I thought Baal runs were those games where everyone runs around Baal without letting him touch you. Because if he does then you're IT.

12. PhsycoTimmay

PhsycoTimmay IncGamers Member

When me and my buddies game together, and say...one is teleing to diablo, he casts a TP either when he gets to chaos, or when its safe, if he happens to cast it when its not safe, he will type "1", if say...its safe, then he types "2" and we all pile through, works quite well :thumbsup:

13. ButterFace

We do something similar in HC games except "1" means clear and "2" means dont enter. Works well too.

14. squigipapa

squigipapa IncGamers Member

Man! .. This thing is insane. If you behave in a game like you behave in the forums .. I would go out of my way to trap portals for you. I'm not going to attack your english grammer skills (as horrible as they may be) because I understand that english is not everyone's first language. However, there are a lot of others here on the forum who's first language is not english, but mannage to convey their message in a way that dosen't make them look --------------- . If you're gonna write in a way that mentally transports your readers to the alternate 'twin peaks' talkward backing place, at least try to do it in a little less enrageing manner.

Just my $0.02

15. th5418

th5418 Banned

Man!.. This is insane necromancy..

16. Phaeax

Phaeax IncGamers Member

Hey squigipapa, you went over the line talking about Twin Peaks like that. Things are different in the Black Lodge...

Back on subject, I have been burned by having to walk to the Throne and having someone run by me, leaving a wake of frenzied Blood Lords to beat on my skull. But if you're waiting back in town for someone else to do the work, be appreciative.

17. PumpShot

PumpShot IncGamers Member

I'm not one to scream for TP's incessantly until one is given, but I do love to have someone drop me a hot TP. I think it's hilarious.

I have a friend that I play with all the time. We drop each other hot TP's all the time. It's fun to watch them die from time to time. Of course, we do play soft core. That would just be mean to do that in hard core. (although probably still quite funny)

To the subject though.....go back and read toader's response.....well said.

18. Gorny

Gorny Banned

Really?!!

I never knew that! :rolleyes:

Nice response on Toader's part, simillar to what I was thinking/

19. rplusplus

rplusplus IncGamers Member

Nice Necromancy... and it's not even my handiwork. But I truly loved Toader's response.

Back in the day I used to Looooooove to send a loaded tp back to the whiner level 14's who wanted a Baal Rush.

"TP's Up" boyz...

stupid_whiner was killed by Listor the Tormentor
    annoying_butthead was killed by Minion of Destruction...

;)

R++

20. Slayer193

Slayer193 IncGamers Member

Hahahaha, RUNS ARE NOT RUNNING!

that cracks me up...