Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

About runes

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by kuzanth, May 19, 2008.

1. kuzanth

kuzanth IncGamers Member

About runes

Im sry, if it was discussed earlier, but im not sure in 1-2 things about runes.
    Lets imagine i trade 2 similar hrs (lower than Zod, of c) on bnet, and im not sure if they are legit or not (usually not :D). If i use them to create one higher rune, will the result be :
    1. legit?
    2. Poof-safe?

The other question is a bit more problematic. Lets imagine i buy a hr at bnet (lets assume its not legit). What will happen, if i :
    3. put it in a socketed item alone? Will the items also poof with the rune, or only the rune will poof, or what?
    4. make a rw with it? (As i heard from one of my friend making a rw creates a totally new item, so it will result a new legit item.)

Of c, im not for trading non-legit items, but i also dont want to offer items, that im not sure if they are legit (for example when i got an Ist, that can easily be a dupe). Thats why i have my last question :
    5. If none of the above solutions are available, is there any method/program with which i can be sure about the item's legitimacy?

Thx in advance!

2. Erwwwd

Erwwwd IncGamers Member

Re: About runes

1 & 2 It is my understanding that cubing 2 runes will result in a new rune with no prior ID-infromation on it so it would be poof-safe as you say.

3+4 If you socket it it will not poof, this goes for runewords and socketing it in an item. There is one exception, known as a "ruststorm" which blizzard performed once.This will most likely never happen again.

5. Don't ask about 3rd party programs.
    You don't know. You can assume however that every high rune you have gotten by trade is duped.

3. middleman35

middleman35 IncGamers Member

1. No
    2. Yes
    3. Generally safe
    4. Generally safe
    5. Not that we would want to know about on these forums
    However when trading HR's it's usually accepted that a certain risk is unavoidable. Hence many people deal more in Pul/Ums and/or Organ Sets.

4. EpicDevia

EpicDevia IncGamers Member

1. not legit.
    2. u will make only poof-safe hr. at least until full ruststorm.
    3. the whole item will poof when it will poof (ruststorm mainly).
    4. rw will poof when it will poof (ruststorm mainly).
    5. dunno.

5. kuzanth

kuzanth IncGamers Member

Thx, guys! 2 more thing due to your replies :
    1. "not legit, but poof-safe" -> then what is considered legit? I dont know much about the ID-info Erwwwd mentioned.
    5. I dont think a 3rd party program, that could check if an item is legit can be considered cheat/hack. But ok, i didnt asked it... :thumbsup: However i know 2 methods that can be helpful (but still dont know if they really work...)
    a, At trading window, some says if u put/take the item in and out fast, then if the item is legit, the sound effect of moving will be correct. If the item is not legit, the sound will be slow, or not in sync with the moving.
    b, If u got an item via trade window, and u quit the game 1-2 seconds after closing the trade window, then it perm your item until the next login of the char.
    However, i hardly think they work, but i've only tried the second option, and no poof since then.

6. EpicDevia

EpicDevia IncGamers Member

a. dunno, very interesting observation. i believe that there is some type of checking going on the server every time when u are doing any actions with an item.
    b. i never use such trick. i play online almost 1 year. i have only 1 or 2 items disappeared until this time - i even think i missed those items due accidental many deathes in baalrun. maybe i am lucky to get all legit items :laugh:

7. kuzanth

kuzanth IncGamers Member

Well, at the very beginning of my online playing, when i didnt know anything about dupes/rules/etc, a guy offered me free stuffs (he said he quits from d2, dont know if that was true...Well, it seemed to be true...). The only item that poofed some days after it was a Jah rune. So, from that on im always searching for solutions that helps me in this problem.
    Thx for your answers, guys!

8. Erwwwd

Erwwwd IncGamers Member

Legit is just a word, if all your interested in is the rune not poofing then a rune made from 2 others is "legit" as well I guess. Usually it is a word reserved for runes you absolutely know to be not duped(finding them is really the only way)

Any 3rd party program that hacks into the information from the game and then alters it in a way blizzard didn't intend is ofcourse a hack. Even if it all it does is change your assassins claws pink or something.

All those rumors about sound-effects and trademenu's and whatnot is just superstition.
    The same thing as ondals staff and blizzard stealing xp during xp runs, don't know how they get into the world but they seem to stick. I would try clicking the chat gem 37 times before entering games to make them not poof.

9. RubenusPontius

RubenusPontius IncGamers Member

Well, in d2 context, many people will refer to 'poof-safe' items as being 'legit'. However, legit is originally short for legitimate, and most people on this forum will use that original meaning. So if you cube up two duped runes to make a new rune, this rune will not 'poof' on you unless a full ruststorm is run, yet one cannot say it is legitimately acquired.
    About the ID-info: every item has a unique ID to (obviously) identify that particular item. Now if you duplicate one item you will have two items with the exact same ID. Once you cube two duped runes (both having the exact same ID of some other rune(s) available) the newly formed rune will get a new unique ID, and is therefor indistinguishable from a 'legit' item. However, as I explained before, it is incorrect to call this item legitimate.