About religion Preface: I in no way mean to be anti-religion by asking these questions. I'm not trying to start a religion debate, and I'm definitely not trying to disrespect religion or religious people. I'd just like to get some clarification of an area somewhat foreign to me. I don't mean to target Christianity, but focusing on one religion will make it easier to convey my inquiries. I also know that there are multiple Christians who post here, and most are both articulate and insightful. The numbers I've found (this site is a little outdated but the numbers probably haven't changed much) show that about 34% of the world practice some form of Christianity. I couldn't find the exact numbers, but I'm pretty sure that I read somewhere that most religious people stay with the faith that they were raised with. If you fall into this 34%, what are your thoughts on the other 66%? Are they just uninformed? Ignorant? Could it be that some other people have religious beliefs that are more valid than yours? Do you research other faiths in hope of understanding other people's beliefs and maybe possibly adopting those beliefs instead of yours? Were you just lucky to have been born in the circumstances you were, where you were raised Christian? Do you think that if you were raised differently (perhaps Agnostic or Muslim, for example) you would have "found" Chrstianity eventually? I know it's all a matter of faith, and I applaud how strong it is in many of you. I know some of these questions are so hypothetical that answering them honestly/fairly is difficult. If it matters at all- I am a man of faith. My faith lies in science and the genius of mankind. I take pride in what we have accomplished and look forward to what lies ahead. I know that there are many questions that stand unanswered from a scientific point of view, and each discovery/advancement leads to more questions. I am eager to see what we will learn of ourselves and our universe in the years to come. As it stands, I have no problem saying "we don't understand that yet, but we're working on it." And I have faith that with each passing day, our undertsanding of the world around us and our origins become more complete.