About MF-ing Pindle

The_Three_United

Diabloii.Net Member
SeDnA said:
Heh I was being sarcastic, hope you didn't mind :)

Anyway, I do pindle on /p8 from level 85-87, and didn't have much problems. Only died once, that was when I tele'd too fast, right INTO pindle.

Kiras give FHR and CBF.
I don't mind a good joke but that message about 4k dam on /p1 not being enough acted like a punch in my face, I was like:cheesy:. And i have a spare point in EShield for *dying* cases that saved my life much more than I had expected(I tele'd in his face too a lot of times).
personal thought: I really have to get my hands on that IKSC, I just know that in the next 5-6, max 7 runs by far he'll drop it :lol: I just know it.

Edit:
@Nacaa

I even put GAngel on my Meteorb's merc for resist capabilities especially against gloams
 

Rugruth

Diabloii.Net Member
Randall said:
You don't need full IK Barb. Just take WW barb with 2 upped The Vile Husk swords. Really good damage/AR against the undead and a nice change to cast Amp.

Randall
Amp won't be casted using ww. Anyways still a good setup.

Also don't forget that a barb can use the wonderful Find Item skill :D
 

frosty

Diabloii.Net Member
The_Three_United said:
@frosty

I don't know about the LF zon as mine is still at the beginning of act V hell. And about the meteorb, well I don't disagree but I think a meteorb is just an allround MF-er who doesn't excel in one area or another, she's more renouned for her versatility IMO. I'm always trying to create chars that are good at one area or another MF speaking, and colect items for those that are 'versatile'/non cookie-cutter. And I guess a strafezon is best suited for pits:rolleyes: as I've heard but I can't imagine her doing pits at /p8 even with a windforce.
I have one LF strafe hybrid doing pit runs along with one strafer doing the same thing. Decent mf (~300ish) and she prefers WF for the killing power, but has Silence on backup anyway. On p8 btw.
 

mad.as.a.meataxe

Diabloii.Net Member
I have a lvl 93 pure lightning zon who wears the following:

PT Shako 74
Amulet 43
PT Skulders 140
Rhyme 25
Titans 0
War Travs 49
2x Nagel 59
Razortail 0
Chance Guards 37

for a fairly healthy 427 + charms (probably another 70)

When Pindle spawns LI I switch to Gull/Rhyme and the mercenary takes the kill wearing:

PT Shako 74
PT Tal's Guardianship 112
Tombreaver 58

bumping the total up to 771 + charms which is enough for me. The merc kills just fine and never dies as Pindle can never kill him by himself and I've already killed all his friends. Run Pindle on P1 and two shots of lightning fury basically kills everything barring a LI Pindle. Runs are under 30secs from load to load.

That said I'm in the process of levelling up a Blizz Sorc cos they're just better. Safer at higher player levels and able to carry more MF on the weapon and belt slots.

MAAM
 

Thov

Diabloii.Net Member
I personally like using a blizzard sorc, but the first thing I do when I get there is fire off a glacial spike (it's bound to my left mouse button). This prevents Pindle and his minions from knocking back my mercenary, and since only a couple minions get frozen regularly, they're the only ones that miss out on the full effect of the blizzard. Not a big deal, especially when Pindle does most of the dropping.
 

Tarr

Diabloii.Net Member
Thov said:
I personally like using a blizzard sorc, but the first thing I do when I get there is fire off a glacial spike (it's bound to my left mouse button). This prevents Pindle and his minions from knocking back my mercenary, and since only a couple minions get frozen regularly, they're the only ones that miss out on the full effect of the blizzard. Not a big deal, especially when Pindle does most of the dropping.
That's a pretty good idea right there. When pindle and cronies knock your merc back into you it's kind of annoying.
 

Thov

Diabloii.Net Member
The_Three_United said:
When you run him do you actually seek only pindle's drops or wait to finish his minions too? are their drops any good?
The minions have decent drops now and then since you're wearing so much magic find, but realistically, Pindle is the one that's going to provide the vast majority of the stuff you keep. With a blizzard sorc, I scan what Pindle drops as soon as he dies, and any minions that are still alive tend to die from the blizzards while that's happening, so it's really a moot point, but if there's some minions who didn't drop, I don't waste time finishing them off.
 

The_Three_United

Diabloii.Net Member
Thanks on that clarification, I won't waste pretious time on them from now on :D... and btw .. he just dropped me a Templar's Might:bonk:!!!
 

SeDnA

Diabloii.Net Member
you don't want it? I don't mind a second one... you could send it to m... nevermind... :lol:
 

Tarr

Diabloii.Net Member
The_Three_United said:
When you run him do you actually seek only pindle's drops or wait to finish his minions too? are their drops any good?
The first of my two IKSCs and the first of my Gheed's Fortunes were dropped by his minions.
 

Chimaira

Diabloii.Net Member
While Blizzard sorceress is probably the best character for running Pindle, a Trapsin is also pretty godly. With Shadow+Mind Blast you should never be in danger and Lightning Sentry+Death Sentry makes short work of the minions, and you can just load her up with MF gear and she can still kill.
 

skoolbus

Diabloii.Net Member
Has anyone ever tried a pally with azure, max foh, max holy bolt? I'm wondering if that would be any faster for just pindling.
 

lone_wolf

Diablo: IncGamers Member
skoolbus said:
Has anyone ever tried a pally with azure, max foh, max holy bolt? I'm wondering if that would be any faster for just pindling.
dont think anyone here has run pindle with a cleric hum wonder how fast it could be
 

The_Three_United

Diabloii.Net Member
Well, I've heard that Holy Bolt fully synergised can reach 10000+ dam that can't be resisted so that's like a hammerdin's damage only that it's direct:D. Possibly the fastest pindle runner by far but to even think of making a cleric and dragging him through all the difficulties gives me a headache.
 

Thrugg

Diabloii.Net Member
SeDnA said:
Why does IK barb > Blizzard/Meteorb sorc?
...
Let's not count charms, since all chars can hold em.
...
Oh heck... 491<320 :rolleyes:
(1) The IK Barb is completely safe to run Pindle with no charms at all. Sorc is a little more vulnerable without charm support. So the charm situation is not the same.

(2) IK Barb can run the Sorc's backside off in town, where the typical Pindle runner spends half his time. The Sorc's TP only makes up a second of time in the short run through the garden.

(3) (the main reason) IK Barb gets 3 drops per Pindle kill (from horking) whereas the Sorc only gets 2, at the cost of only a second or two per run.

491 MF represents a 2.65x better chance of finding unique items. 320 MF represents a 2.4x better chance of finding unique items. Which is only a little over 10% more likely. The 50% more quantity far far outweighs that.

I admit that since the IK Maul carries cold damage there is a fair chance that Pindle will get shattered if you kill him with it. But of course you don't want to kill Pindle with the Maul anyway, you want to let your merc do it while you switch to dual Alis. If you can get the hang of this, IK Barb wins, hands down.
 

SeDnA

Diabloii.Net Member
Thrugg said:
(1) The IK Barb is completely safe to run Pindle with no charms at all. Sorc is a little more vulnerable without charm support. So the charm situation is not the same.

(2) IK Barb can run the Sorc's backside off in town, where the typical Pindle runner spends half his time. The Sorc's TP only makes up a second of time in the short run through the garden.

(3) (the main reason) IK Barb gets 3 drops per Pindle kill (from horking) whereas the Sorc only gets 2, at the cost of only a second or two per run.

491 MF represents a 2.65x better chance of finding unique items. 320 MF represents a 2.4x better chance of finding unique items. Which is only a little over 10% more likely. The 50% more quantity far far outweighs that.

I admit that since the IK Maul carries cold damage there is a fair chance that Pindle will get shattered if you kill him with it. But of course you don't want to kill Pindle with the Maul anyway, you want to let your merc do it while you switch to dual Alis. If you can get the hang of this, IK Barb wins, hands down.
Did you realise that I isted everything in the IK barb equipment part and the sorc has only pathetic average equipment?
 
Top