About MF-ing Pindle

The_Three_United

Diabloii.Net Member
About MF-ing Pindle

What's the best suited character for this specifically task alone? I've done runs with my meteorb and blizzsorc and noticed that the blizz dishes alot more damage but also misses alot too. Plus there are times when he's cold immune and my merc has to finish the task and that really blows my MF chances. So I'm asking info about what char could perform the best on this job *alone* with a great cargo of MF on even if it means it really sucks in hell and most other areas.

damaris

Diabloii.Net Member
The_Three_United said:
So I'm asking info about what char could perform the best on this job *alone* with a great cargo of MF on
IK barb. massive dmg, high res, lots of MF

Cattleya

Diabloii.Net Member
SeDnA said:
Why would letting your merc kill dash your chances?
Just to clarify why Sedna would ask this question: When the merc gets the kill, the game uses your MF + the merc's MF to calculate the drop. So, if your merc has any MF, it can be actually help to let them get the final shot.

SeDnA

Diabloii.Net Member
Oops, forgot to give input.

Blizzard sorceress with
Ptopaz Shako
Tal Armor
Tal Belt
Tal Ammy
Blade of Alibaba 'IstIst' (I don't have IstIst so just plain ali baba)
Monarch 'IstIstIstIst' (Rhyme for poor people like me)
Perfect Nagels x2 OR 40% MF Rings x2 (No perfect nagels either, using 26mf nagels from a giveaway)
Perfect Chance Guards (found a 39%)
Perfect War Traveler (don't have these so use treks instead, could use rare mf boots)

Tome of Town Portal
Tome of Identify
Horadric Cube
32x7MFSC (Good luck getting these)

The_Three_United

Diabloii.Net Member
Many thanks for the quick replies especially Cattleya for the enlightment:D. Now I can loosen up a bit (more) and not care if my merc or I get the last hit. So guess that the blizz sorc comes 2nd to the IK barb in my opinion.. now I just have to get my hands on that IKSC:thumbsup:.Well, back to pindling and wish you all a gold elite avalanche!

shermo

Diabloii.Net Member
I always leave 8x2 free so i can pick up those "maybe godly" rare weapons. It's a great source for cash too.

The difference between 740 mf and 800 = meh

bill_n_opus

Diabloii.Net Member
SeDnA said:
32x7MFSC (Good luck getting these)
Funny thing is that I have at least (last time I checked) 20 7% MF sc's, all legit of course. At least that much in 6% MF.

Many with added second mods like 9% fire res.

Getting a perfect War Traveller would be much more difficult for me.

Perfect Nagels not much so.

SeDnA

Diabloii.Net Member
Why does IK barb > Blizzard/Meteorb sorc?

This is absurdly retarded! Think!

IK Barb:
Helm: IstIst? Assuming... 90%
Armor: Ist? Assuming... 25%MF
Belt: 0
Gloves: 0
Boots: 25%MF
Weapon: IstIst? Oh whatever lets assume... 60%MF
Amulet: 40MF Ammy
Rings: 40MF Rings

Let's not count charms, since all chars can hold em.

90+25+25+60+40+80 = 320

Blizzard Sorc:
Helm: 74
Armor: **+24+65
Belt: 15
Amulet: 0
Weapon: 80
Shield: 25
Gloves: 30
Boots: 40
Rings: 50

74+**+24+65+15+80+25+30+40+50 = 491

Oh heck... 491<320 :rolleyes:

The_Three_United

Diabloii.Net Member
@frosty

I don't know about the LF zon as mine is still at the beginning of act V hell. And about the meteorb, well I don't disagree but I think a meteorb is just an allround MF-er who doesn't excel in one area or another, she's more renouned for her versatility IMO. I'm always trying to create chars that are good at one area or another MF speaking, and colect items for those that are 'versatile'/non cookie-cutter. And I guess a strafezon is best suited for pits:rolleyes: as I've heard but I can't imagine her doing pits at /p8 even with a windforce.

@SeDnA

I think that when damaris said that IK barb is best at pindle he took into consideration the fact that he deals heavy dam in a SHORT time even if he doesn't hold much MF on but that's just me.

phatbrava

Diabloii.Net Member
The_Three_United said:
Many thanks for the quick replies especially Cattleya for the enlightment:D. Now I can loosen up a bit (more) and not care if my merc or I get the last hit. So guess that the blizz sorc comes 2nd to the IK barb in my opinion.. now I just have to get my hands on that IKSC:thumbsup:.Well, back to pindling and wish you all a gold elite avalanche!
well if you decide not to do it *alone* and go with a merc instead i recommend a fishymancer...safe and alot of MF
my boy is doing wonders killing pindle with ~540 mf in about 30-35-40 seconds (depending on what mods he spawnes with, if he spawns stone skin it takes maybe 40-45 secs.)

SeDnA

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm sure 4k blizzard isn't enough to kill pindle and his buddies at /p1... Cold immune? Mmm... what's your merc for?

Nacaa

Diabloii.Net Member
SeDnA said:
I'm sure 4k blizzard isn't enough to kill pindle and his buddies at /p1... Cold immune? Mmm... what's your merc for?
Exactly. I am using a lvl93 Blizzard Sorceress myself and she does the job pretty fine. When he is not cold immune, one blizz and he goes boom. *pick up 1337 items* No not really that last part. When he is CI, I use my merc (Reaper's Toll, Shaftstop and Kira's Guardian) and my secondary skill, FireWall (Around 3K damage now) and it doesn't take long for Pindle to go boom.

I am having no problems whatsoever to be honest.

lone_wolf

Diablo: IncGamers Member
my lev 91 blizz sorc does her pindle runs just like nacaa :) no problems for her either. but of course she is mostly used to do those relaxing meph runs:D

The_Three_United

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm doing him at /p5 to be honest , my merc has Shaft, Vampgaze and Raper's, and SeDnA trust me 4K blizz dam is more than enough for this:p it just misses alot that's all.

@Nacaa

what's the use of kira's? resists against pindle or what ? i've noticed that even when he's cold/fire enhanced and blows right next to my merc, he doesn't even take 10% of my merc's life!:scratch:

lone_wolf

Diablo: IncGamers Member
probebly the CBF on kiras

btw blizz hits more if the monsters move in the blizz area of effect

SeDnA

Diabloii.Net Member
Heh I was being sarcastic, hope you didn't mind :)

Anyway, I do pindle on /p8 from level 85-87, and didn't have much problems. Only died once, that was when I tele'd too fast, right INTO pindle.

Kiras give FHR and CBF.

Randall

Diabloii.Net Member
The_Three_United said:
now I just have to get my hands on that IKSC:thumbsup:
You don't need full IK Barb. Just take WW barb with 2 upped The Vile Husk swords. Really good damage/AR against the undead and a nice change to cast Amp.

Randall

Nacaa

Diabloii.Net Member
The_Three_United said:
@Nacaa

what's the use of kira's? resists against pindle or what ? i've noticed that even when he's cold/fire enhanced and blows right next to my merc, he doesn't even take 10% of my merc's life!:scratch:
Yupp exactly. He have used it for quite a few levels now since he got hurt badly in the beginning when Pindle was LE. And I use him too when doing Baal runs so having max resist makes me feel better in a way... and I am just too lazy to change it when I do something else that don't need resist :D