Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

about me

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Royaumm, Nov 23, 2017.

1. Royaumm

Royaumm Diabloii.Net Member

Hello all,

I know I made a very bad impression on all of you in my first post. I am sorry about that. I am not used to talking about d2 and made many errors. (For example the hr issue. I didnt realize you ment any high lever rune. I was only talking about Lo/Jah/Ber which are the only runes that count as hrs to me.) I made many mistakes like this and I know I lost all trust before I even had it. I was very excited about joining this forum, and while that has been diminished after the witch hunt, I still want to stick around here. If nothing else, I want to be a part of theory crafting/mechanics discussions.

I realize you all see my sorc as tainted, and even tho she is not, I will accept that no one will believe that and my current plan on the matter is to never bring her up on this forum again. I also realize no one is interested in the slightest in trading with me or even responding to my game or forum related questions. While that does really make me sad, I am going to try and stick around and hopefully after getting to know me a little bit, your opinions will change.

I am not going to go back and correct everything i said in my first post. That would take a lot of time, there's no guarentee I get it the second time, and frankly no one here gives a damn what I say. So thats moot at this point. However, I would like to say one last time that I am no cheater and I'm sorry that I failed to communicate that to you all. Still I don't expect anyone to believe me.

I would like to ask a question from you all though. It was suggested to me that my sorc and ofc all her items will forever be seen as tainted and that I should delete her and all my gomule stashes and start again. Now, I can't possibly see myself ever ever deleting my baby and the product of almost three years worth of effort. So I would like to ask you all, Would you consider it acceptable for me to keep her and the items, but make new characters and new gomule stashes for new items. They would in no way interact with my sorc or anything she has done/found. It would all be brand new and untainted. I wanted to know if that would be enough for anyone so that it would be worth not twinking my charactrers at all. Just looking for some opinions here I realize no one is the authority on what is and is not going to be accepted. I just cant bring myself to delete my baby. But I may consider this option depending on what you all think.

I understand the concept of being tainted and how to avoid her tainting anyone new. I could even make a new gomule project (i have two anyway just one of them I dont use or have anything loaded into) and I could not even add her into it (well i might send things to her like if i get a deaths fathom as some point but I believe thats acceptable)

T72on1 and mir like this.
  2. ffs

ffs Diabloii.Net Member

Royaumm, people here are very welcoming to new community members and will gladly share their knowledge and tips from years of experience, testing and number crunching. However, people here also have nothing but disgust and disrespect when it comes to cheating and taking any sort of illegitimate shortcuts, and rightfully so. So after your glorious entrance here, I'm afraid many here (including myself) will have a very hard time taking your posts seriously.

And spamming these forums with countless threads and responses telling us over and over again how legit you are and how you're not going to use any items you found previously (even though they are legit) -- it doesn't help either.

I have a proposal on how to fix all that: Simply join us in the untwinked 99er challenge. That means getting from 1 to 99 with a fresh character that only uses self-found items (we call this "untwinked"). It's a really satisfying and cool long-term project. You will probably share all the significant drops and updates with us during the journey, and just by doing that you will gain people's trust, because people will see your updates and know when you found what item or high rune and achieved this or that milestone. Also the thing is, once you made some progress and grinded a couple of cool items, you will be very proud of having achieved this with an untwinked character -- and destroying that sense of achievement by cheating in any way whatsoever is just so incredibly dumb, I don't think anyone would consider that a possibility.

ioupainmax likes this.
  3. Fabian

Fabian Diabloii.Net Member

R,

If your goal is to be a part of this community and to have people want to interact with you, my advice to you is to do a fresh restart, and interact with our community only with posts about d2 stuff happening with your new character(s) and your new items. Don't mention how super legit this 3 year old llama inspired sorc is any more. Repeating it over and over isn't going to help, it's going to make things worse.

Stick to new characters and new items. Stick to the truth. That's my advice.

Edit: To be clear, when I say do a fresh restart, I don't necessarily mean delete your sorc and the stashes associated with her. Hide those things away in some folder to have at a later date if you want.

ioupainmax and Kitteh like this.
  4. Kitteh

Kitteh Diabloii.Net Site Pal

Please do follow this advice.

5. Royaumm

Royaumm Diabloii.Net Member

I completely agree with these. Playing a character to 99 takes a lot of time but is extreamly rewarding! I guess i wouldnt mind starting over. I particularly agree with this:

And spamming these forums with countless threads and responses telling us over and over again how legit you are and how you're not going to use any items you found previously (even though they are legit) -- it doesn't help either.

I mean after people made their minds up about me no one was listening anyway. And no one cares what i have to say about it.

I think tho that everyone will become a lot less skeptical if i join the untwinked to 99 because they will see how much time i dump into this game every day. And i know i can hit 99 again. it just takes time. I think ill do the untwwinked to 99. i will ask in the 99 thread but what all do people care to hear? I dont want to be making posts no one cares about but in my case especially, i want to post enough so there is no questions about the legitimacy of my new character.

6. Gynli

Gynli Diabloii.Net Member

This has been mentioned several times and it keeps cycling back to it.

Do a fresh restart and be active on the forum - without spamming - and ull come to see why this is one of the best, if not the best, d2 communities out there. As long as you abide by the forum rules and standards, any posts and threads will all be welcome.

7. darkstarhub

darkstarhub Diabloii.Net Member

As far as what to post in the untwinked 99er thread, just updating the table is fine, with an occasional item post. For instance, a unique or set drop relevant to the class you are playing that really helps you out.