Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

? about item finding

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by ObiWan, Sep 8, 2006.

1. ObiWan

ObiWan IncGamers Member

? about item finding

I am currently trying to find exceptional items with sockets, and I have been doing hell cows, but keep coming up short. Should I do NM cows instead, due to the fact that the drop calc won't have to calc through so many lvls. I've tried to understand the drop calc, but come up short.

2. ael

ael IncGamers Member

If you are looking for socketables, ditch all your mf stuff. That will decrease the chance of magic items popping up. Items have 5% chance of being elite in NM and 10%in hell. Im not sure about exeptional ones, but I think they have a larger chance of dropping in hell than NM. Also you could try the pits, I find it alot easier than cows. Its in the tamoe highland next to the black marsh (bm also a got wp).

3. ObiWan

ObiWan IncGamers Member

Thanks for the reply!! Does the amount of players have the same effect as when you're mfing? Meaning, will the monsters drop more due to the fact that there are more people in the game?

The reason I ask, is I've been soloing the cows,and was wondering if I made it public, would I get better drops?

4. Evrae Altana

Evrae Altana IncGamers Member

The more people in a game, the quantity of drops increases, not quality.

5. Merick

Merick IncGamers Member

I don't where you got 5% chance of elites in nm/10% in hell, ael. Some elites can drop in late NM, some cannot. Monsters have lists of items they can drop depending on their level.
    I'd stay in NM cows, because they will drop few if any elites, and you can clear them faster in 8 player games, because yes, more players = smaller chance of getting a "no drop" from a monster.

6. ObiWan

ObiWan IncGamers Member

Thank you! So it would be wise to run public cow games? More drops, means more of a chance?

7. ObiWan

ObiWan IncGamers Member

Thanks for the help in this matter people!! It seems that there is no special guide for finding norm-elite non-magic items. It took a few days to get the info needed, but you peeps are great!

8. Evrae Altana

The number of item drops will definitely be higher, but the number that actually ends up in your inventory might be much less if it's in a public game, due to people instantly grabbing anything and everything on the screen. :rolleyes:

9. sunflowersmooth

sunflowersmooth IncGamers Member

Does mf have any effect on the amount of charms you would find? I would assume no since charms can only be magical.

10. Evrae Altana

MF does not affect how many charms drop.

11. ObiWan

ObiWan IncGamers Member

Ya, I do agree on that one! I just ran 8 games, and ended up with only one item. :( I tried using my summoning necro, so I could sit back and be able to jump in there and grab what I needed, but it was moving to slow, so I switched to my zeal pally, and I had to kill first, then look.:( bummer, back to solo

12. ael

ael IncGamers Member

I remember this info from my sp days back in pre 1.10, so yeah, this might be out of date.

Edit: actualy it might just not be complete bs. Take a look:

Linky.

13. Merick

Merick IncGamers Member

Yeah, and

is all something like 1.06 information. Maybe even 1.05. I know item drops have changed since then in fundamental ways. It also used to be the case that exceptionals absoultely could never drop in normal no matter what. At the time elites didn't exist either.