about iron golem

Diqit

Diabloii.Net Member
about iron golem

at first hello to everyone!
this question is probably noob, but i wanna be sure... If u put as much gear so IG lvl will be 5x and summon it from some good item, and after u put back ur main items, will golem remain 5x lvl even if i join new game?? Because for example skeletons die when i lower +skills...

Myrakh-2

Diabloii.Net Member
The golem will remain at the level you casted it in the game where you casted it, just like your skeletons. When you go into another game, the golem is recreated at your current skill level.

So you'd need to equip your +skills gear before leaving the game.

Also, you must have at least slvl 1 at all times, or the golem will die.

Iron golems created from item charges are not taken into new games.

Necrochild313

Diabloii.Net Member
Myrakh-2 said:
The golem will remain at the level you casted it in the game where you casted it, just like your skeletons. When you go into another game, the golem is recreated at your current skill level.
Wow, is that true? Then buffing Iron Golem from metalgrid would really suck . I guess keeping your +summon switch active would be advisible when leaving/joining games.

Myrakh-2

Diabloii.Net Member
Necrochild313 said:
Wow, is that true?
I don't know for sure (don't use IG anyway), but that's the information I have --- and it sounds reasonable. Of course, having the game save the skill level as well is reasonable, too...

Damric

Diabloii.Net Member
Myrakh-2 said:

So you'd need to equip your +skills gear before leaving the game.

Also, you must have at least slvl 1 at all times, or the golem will die.

Iron golems created from item charges are not taken into new games.
Interesting, but I am skeptical about if it is true or not. I regularly make insight-golems. Does it matter what difficulty I make him in to determine his life when I bring him into a hell game?

sequoia

Diabloii.Net Member
Damric said:
Interesting, but I am skeptical about if it is true or not. I regularly make insight-golems. Does it matter what difficulty I make him in to determine his life when I bring him into a hell game?
he said it is recreated when you enter a new game, not when you leave the game.

however, you cannot adjust your items in between games, so whatever you were wearing at the end of your last game is what your golem is going to become

hope that clears it up a bit