Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

About Dupes

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by z.nomad, Mar 6, 2004.

1. z.nomad

z.nomad IncGamers Member

About Dupes

-first post down here- :howdy:

Hi everyone. I'm new on these forums, but anyway, i have a few characters on LoD... I just play on week-ends, so my first good ladder character is a lvl 84 CL/FO sorc... :uhhuh: I know it may not be the right place to write this thread, but i love this forum, the mentality, and the people down here (i plan to donate on the low lvl item fund (europe), i think it's a GREAT idea, and i think good ppl should help noobs when they have time to... just to help them understanding LoD is a great game)... as much as i love the sorc themselves :thumbsup:

I began to make nm baalruns and hell pitruns a few days ago, and here is my reason to write... :

I dropped some -hum- "high" stuff (for my lvl) and today i dropped zakarum. A man with the *dmc_seifer account duped me, stealing my unid zak. I know it's a bit my fault too, but do you think there could be a way to avenge myself, or to contact blizzard... to ban this kind of unscrupulous ppl... or to do sthing against them?!?

Please answer everyone. Or just send me feedback. You know, i LOVE D2 LoD, but just with these ppl... I see i can be digusted of the game.

I think ppl should help each other, and cheaters like *dmc_seifer should be banned from D2...

I hate dupers. :rant:
    Please send me ur thoughts. (even if it's just what u think about this)
    I know i was stupid to let me being duped... but ppl like that shouldn't exist on LoD... don't u think?
    Thank u, continue every ppl here, making this forum a great forum.
    thx for ur feedback.

PS : I hope i didn't break any rule writing this post against some kind of anti-fair-play-ppl on LoD....

2. heilskov

heilskov IncGamers Member

well... first of all, there might be a way of dupeing... but to be truthfull I´ve never seen anyone do it.

for the heck of it, I sometimes keep a rare with weird stats (that they couldnt possiablely have another of) and ask them to do taht first ^^ to show me that its possiable. Besically I do this cuz I like exposing them for fakes and fruads. None of em can do it ^^, they freak out.
    If I say someone do it, I´d be freaked which is what Im afraid of. But they day I se someone dupe succesfully is the day I report the dude to blizz and tell them what happend.

also, dont be fooled by people like him.. dont go looking for dupe players (you little cheater wanna be) unless you like me get a kick from exposing them for fakes.

-cheers hope you dont lose more items the same way, and hope you finde another of your lose, asap ^^ for mending that broken heart of yours.

3. Minz mlf

Minz mlf IncGamers Member

People suck. They will scam you. Etc. Blizzard won't do ****, because they don't care. Nor should they. They give free and steady online play to millions of people. How do you expect them to have the manpower to watch all of these people every day without giving them a cent?

4. [FLS]prozerran

[FLS]prozerran IncGamers Member

How exactly did he "dupe" you? It seems like he stole your account. Was he using that email account recovery bug (which was fixed almost 2 months ago)? To my knowledge, "dupe" is replicating an item that he already has, not from other people's account.

5. wind

wind IncGamers Member

"Luke ... Join the darkside Luke"

In the community forum there's a thread called "IMO why in the right context buying from Ebay isn't necessarily bad." and it's insightful. He asks if he were to give any person on these forums a very high level rune, with a subtle implication it was bought through ebay, would you accept?

Another person replys:

"I'd take them. I'm not saying it's necessarily the right thing to do, but a person can only be so strong. Speaking as a person who has never had a rune higher than Ist nor any top-end items like WF or Tal's armor or Mara's, the temptation would be too great and I'm sure I could rationalize it to myself."

As you said:

I think it's best to move on and forget about it. Just think twice before things happen next time.

6. xAnjelofLytex

xAnjelofLytex IncGamers Member

Just be careful. It sucks that dupers/hackers feel they have to do this kind of **** to be good, when 100% legit players are just as good by working hard to assemble characters and their gear.

You can still be godly even with this legit stuff, like all the new runewords/uniques. Pisses me off that people have to hack items and steal/dupe to "be godly". 100% legit is the only way to go guys.

~Anjel

7. jvst-steken

jvst-steken IncGamers Member

Maybe this is not so important but I met the guy recently in my game... Was very rude... A scumbag... Whouldn't suprise me before this if he was a duper

8. [FLS]prozerran

What does "being rude" have to do with a "duper"? Don't let your emotions cloud your judgement.

9. mathil

mathil IncGamers Member

its not the dupers i care about, they atleast show some knowledge of the game and there is something to be said for that. same thing for ppl that write hacks. i think they shouldn't do it, but atleast it takes something. scammers on the other hand are just scum.

blizzard doesnt' care. the game is free. there are MMORPG's out there that you pay monthly for that can stop hackers/dupers. i think that most ppl would stop playing this game if it required a monthly fee.

10. Stiertje

Stiertje IncGamers Member

Would that be in the following scenario?

- You see a game "I teach dupe"
    - You enter aforementioned game
    - He tells you he will dupe for you
    - He sais you have to give him a high level item and he would dupe it for you
    - You drop the item
    - He picks it up and leaves the game

If so, then you are in fact quite gullible. If not, then how?

11. [FLS]prozerran

If I were to join a game like this, I'd drop my magical ethereal crashed sash with +1 to light radius and get him to dupe that. =)

12. Stiertje

Stiertje IncGamers Member

Wow, a "crashed" sash, did it hurt your neither regions bad?

Sorry, had to joke.

13. [FLS]prozerran

haha ops sp =/