Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

About Dual Claws...

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by Speedwrath, Jun 16, 2005.

1. Speedwrath

Speedwrath Banned

About Dual Claws...

Hi I have a Martial Arts Assassin which uses Tiger Strike to charge up, and then releases with Dragon Tail. I use Natalya's Claw on the left slot and Jade Talon on the right slot.

Now when I do normal attacks (not the charge up) I attack alternatively with the two claws. However when I attack with Tiger Strike, only Natalya is used.

Natalya is socketed with Nef for knockback. Jade Talon, though, is socketed with nothing.

Now what I wondered was... if I socket my Jade Talon with Shael, will I attack faster with Natalya too, even though Tiger Strike is only using the Natalya Claw to do damage?

Two more things:
    -Is there anything faster than Natalya?
    -Is there a cap on attack speed? Fanatiscism doesn't seem to be doing anything.

2. Quietus

Quietus Diabloii.Net Member

Socketing your talon with shael... might speed you up, perhaps. It depends. Do you keep your natalya on the left side of the screen, and jade on the right? If so, then shaeling your jade will only increase your normal attack speed, it will have no effect on your tiger strike or dragon tail.

As for is there anything faster than Nat's... yes. A fury talon would be faster, as would, say, cruel runic of quickness or some such. But that's just looking at a single claw.

If you have no ias anywhere else on your gear, but have a level 7 burst of speed, you're attacking as fast as you'll get. For each bit of ias on your gear, the level of burst of speed required goes down.

Hope this helped... and if I'm wrong, someone please correct me :p

~Ed

3. Speedwrath

Speedwrath Banned

Hmm... all I know is that when I attack with Tiger Strike I see my assassin use her Natalya's Claw to whack it (you can see the different claws).

And I have Burst of Speed 20. :p That's not counting the extra Shadow Arts skills from equipment. I made this character to be as fast as possible, so attacking fast is a bonus I have. :p But are you saying I can't get any faster? What's this other claw you mentioned?

4. Boneshifter

Boneshifter Diabloii.Net Member

:thumbsup: Answer was right. Shael wont make you faster if you have max BoS already, it will just reduce the level of BoS needed for max attack speed.