Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

About Cleric Paladin

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by Kamijo, Apr 18, 2005.

1. Kamijo

Kamijo IncGamers Member

About Cleric Paladin

Hi all, I have posted this on a mercs guide on strategy, but I tohught it might bebetter to ask here, since most of the people here are very familiar with all the aura stacking n that stuff :p
    I have this doubt, I'm currently building a cleric paladin, which plays all def auras, with +def auras items n that, n uses Insight for the double healing with Medi from the rw and Cleansing as secondary aura. I wanted to know, if I hired a Prayer merc, would his Prayer get added to mine, or would the game swap between the two once in a while? On the same subject, what happens if I equip my merc with an Insight? Does he get the prayer sinergy from his prayer, hence, does double healing?

Thanx in advance
    Kamijo

2. Pherdnut

Pherdnut IncGamers Member

Edit: Sorry double posted by lagalicious accident.

3. Pherdnut

Pherdnut IncGamers Member

If you also have prayer active it will swap with that but the synergy bonus to meditate that you have won't. A merc with Insight will heal from both skills, although sometimes they take their sweet time putting that prayer aura up. I'd just leave the meditate and prayer auras up to your merc. It's not godly, but combined some holy bolt flinging and salvation, defiance, or the appropriate offensive aura, your party shouldn't have many health or mana problems. Don't forget, Cleansing also get the healing synergy bonus from prayer so you could get some triple healing action going between your merc and yourself while helping with mana in a huge way and taking the bite off of curses, poison, and freeze effects.

I'd recommend considering taking some offensive auras as well, though. Conviction is unbelievably nasty when you have sorcs in the party and you really don't need to max skills like Salvation for them to be highly effective. Sometimes the best defense is making your enemies die really really fast. A support class character needn't just heal and make hardy.

4. wookie919

wookie919 IncGamers Member

Hi,

So you are using the prayer aura as your main aura and switching to cleansing once in a while? (Just making sure I understood the situation correctly.)

If you have the prayer aura active, and your merc also uses the prayer aura, whichever is the higher level will become active and the lower level aura will simply be ignored.

So the best thing to do is to use cleansing all the time on your char and letting your merc use prayer.

One thing to note is that your merc won't get healed by your meditation aura because mercs don't have a mana pool.

So in effect you and others in your party will be healed from:
    - meditation (with prayer synergy)
    - cleansing (with prayer synergy)
    - prayer (from your merc)

Your merc will be healed from:
    - prayer aura (his own)
    - cleansing aura (with prayer synergy).

Cheers,
    *wookie919

5. Kamijo

Kamijo IncGamers Member

First of all, thank you guys for replying :)

@Pherdnut: I do use Cleansing as secondary aura, but from what I read on that Merc guide, I thought that if the Prayer auras really stacked, then my Meditation would consider the resulting slvl as a sinergy (now that i think of it, is really unthinkable of hahaha)
    My build is intended to be a healing-only one, but I might put some points in some offensive aura just for the heck of it n see how it goes :) Thanx 4 the reply!

@wookie919: I see, then would it be worth to try to maximize the Prayer from my merc? Lets say with an Arioc's Needle, Shako n some +skills armor? I aim for a heavy healing, full inv of +def auras charms n all that. Thanx 4 the reply!

Greetings
    Kamijo

6. wookie919

wookie919 IncGamers Member

Your merc will have a fixed level 18 Prayer aura from level 75 onwards.

level 18 prayer aura heals 21 life.
    level 19 prayer aura heals 23 life.
    level 20 prayer aura heals 25 life.
    level 21 prayer aura heals 27 life.

and so on. The pattern changes when you get to level 28 prayer aura, but good luck getting there with your merc. ;)

I personally wouldn't want to sacrafice too much physical resistance for +skill items because I think the extra life regeneration you get from those extra skills are minimal. But if you want to go all the way with this life regeneration thing, I say go all the way. :)

7. Kamijo

Kamijo IncGamers Member

Thanx a lot :) I've been using a skill planner and I've come to this:
    Putting my auras and my merc's together, I'll be healing 195 life/sec, not bad :D
    Then I've thought about maxing Conv, if I do that, with +skills I get to 25, which is the cap on -res%, so that's terrific.
    I have kind of 60 spare points to spend. Any suggestions?
    Should I go Holy Bolt for extra Healing? I mean, I always have Medi and Cleansing on, I could just put HB in my left button for some extra localized healing. My fcr will suck but oh well :p
    Salvation maybe? Since I'll have low resists from sacrificing gear to +skills. But since I have +21 to def auras, with a point I guess it'll be more than enough, or am I wrong?
    Any suggestions appreciated

Thanx all
    Kamijo

P.S.: Sorry I deleted ur smilies, but the forum wouldn't let me post with so many of em :blushes: