Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

About a witchyzon...

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by pedu, Sep 1, 2006.

1. pedu

pedu IncGamers Member

About a witchyzon...

So i read chipmcs guide. And everything is cake. But... the frikkin ias breakpoints dont like me. 86% for 9/2 and 113% for 8/2. And with the setup below i get 105 ias. But with that i dont have knockback, if i dont find any suweet gloves. Which i wont.

Tal helm 15ias
    Lionheart
    LoH/Lava Gout
    Nosteferatus
    War travellers
    Cats
    Raven^2
    wws shael shael

So, should i:

Deal with it and cry myself to sleep every night.

Take a shael out of the wws and put in a nef and effectively missing the 86% bp with 1%.

Change lionheart to twitch. So i can put a nef in the bow. And an ias jewel in the armor. knockback and 8/2 strafe. Nice. But no lionheart...

Something else? Personal experience?

And also, what kinda charms are we talking about? Passive skillers?

Im planning on playing through the game twinked with loads of stuff. Were talking lenymo, biggins, nagels, the works... First time with a bowamazon... :rolleyes: First bowama ever for that matter...

Thanks in advance.

2. windwingwind

windwingwind IncGamers Member

It's more important to reach speed break point than to get knockback. My personal experience is that knockback is not needed.

I keep safe by always make sure a decoy/merc/valky is in between my zon and the enemy at the moment she starfe.

If you are not desperate for the stat and resist from lionheart, consider using treachery. With treachery you may even include knockback in your bow for your liking.

3. pedu

pedu IncGamers Member

Hmmm... treachery. Forgot about that. But it would be possible with twtch to reach the bp. So wouldnt that be better? But treachery has the ctc fade... hmm... really hard for me to decide...

4. Veilside

Veilside IncGamers Member

Use twitch and get rid of that fugly helm and get yourself a +1-2 ama 30 frw circ and ias jewel that instead.

5. pedu

pedu IncGamers Member

If i stumble on one, ill use that. I just think the leech will come in handy sometimes. And this isnt a fashion show. :laugh:

6. PhatTrumpet

PhatTrumpet IncGamers Member

You can't count on the Fade from 'Treachery' triggering since Bowazons don't/can't get hit much.

What about Steelskull with an IAS jewel instead of Tal's?

7. HellPlayer

HellPlayer IncGamers Member

To reach 120ias and knockback my zon uses:
    -wws'shaelshael'-40ias,
    -LoH-20ias,
    -CatsEye-20ias,
    -Giant Skull'2x15iasjewells'-30ias and knockback,
    -Nos Coil-10ias.
    Armor is fort and rings is two ravens, work very well in pits and even cs can be done with low number of players.
    About charms, best is these with +maxdmg/AR, even better if you get with life mod but is costly, for pure dmg if you get perfect charms(9x14max gcs+8x3max scs-left space to carry a tp book, HF and Anni)they will add 150 to max dmg and note= is more than the perfect upped versoin of wws, something i doubt someone will make for a witchyzon.

HellPlayer

8. Bjam

Bjam IncGamers Member

I was about to respond to this thread when I read Hellplayer's post. He gives exactly the build I was going to recommend with one tiny exception. I would swap in a rare mana or dual leech ring in place of the second Raven. You can obviously use the Lionheart in place of a Fort until funds permit, but a Fort should be the goal for obvious reasons.

9. Omikron8

Omikron8 IncGamers Member

this is not pvp, you don't need knockback

if you want safety you have 4 options: merc/valk/decoy/slow missile

put on laying of hands and watch demons get mowed down while having a good res boost and 20 ias

10. Bjam

Bjam IncGamers Member

LoH gloves were suggested. The knockback should come from a Giant Skull. Why limit yourself to the 4 options you mention? Without Faith or Fortitude you need all the help you can get (unless you are Superdave). Knockback and even CTC monster flee are the friend of an underpowered bowazon. My Witchyzon from way back when, would have had tremendous difficulty trying to solo Hell without using a Howltusk. She and her merc both had terrible gear.

11. Veilside

Veilside IncGamers Member

Unlike the people suggesting a fort etc for this build i see this as a cheap strafe build, you don't need hr runewords etc on this build and they're a complete waste IMO. An upped (even non-upped) twitch works perfectly fine and you don't need a fort to make this char work.

12. pedu

pedu IncGamers Member

I decided to go without knockback and with lionheart. If it works, sweet. If it doesnt, ill change some stuff and bang! i have knockback and the same speed bp. Really wanna use tals helm and lionheart, just because ive never (or rarely) used them.
    And btw, the reason im making a wws zon, is because the wws is the coolest bow ever... :thumbsup: