Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Aahh.. How could I be so stupid!

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by zanex, Mar 15, 2004.

1. zanex

zanex IncGamers Member

Aahh.. How could I be so stupid!

Got some help in Hell from some high level players last night (Pala & Druid). When we arrived to the Hellforge quest I got very suspicious. But they been fair all the game and never took any drops from Duriel and Meph. They were standing away from the Hellforge altar so I thought it was ok. When I hit the altar he TELEPORTS up to the altar and take everything and leaves the game. I believe it was a PUL rune. Even though I don't need a PUL it's the disgrace from beeing robbed.
    How could I be so stupid! I should have known better, and I can only blame myself!

2. Gorny

Gorny Banned

That suxes. imo, only do quests like that with people you are SURE you can trust. And in a private game as well.

3. Nastie_Bowie

Nastie_Bowie Banned

You didn't discuss the forge drops beforehand?

To be expected, really.

Welcome to bnet.

4. simplyLost

simplyLost IncGamers Member

agreed NB.. really a pul for getting pushed through hell.. isn't that bad.. just be gald you didn't "lose"( and i say "lose" because really it wasn't yours to begin with, until it's in your inventory it can't be considered as yours) a better rune..

-Lost

5. Mikeyg

Mikeyg IncGamers Member

Yeah that sucks, doesnt matter whether u didnt need it. U say u got suspicious when u got to the hellforge quest. Should have listened to ur instincts, skipped the quest, moved on and done it by urself later. Still its no good telling u all this cause u already know it, u just gotta listen to ur own instincts.

Mikey

6. Lileofavelion

Lileofavelion IncGamers Member

If it was a Hellforge assist, which I believe it was because obviously there is nothing free in public Bnet community, then you did not get robbed.

The high level players did the right thing by ensuring their effort was rewarded.

7. PhsycoTimmay

PhsycoTimmay IncGamers Member

Something similar happened to my brother last night, I was watching him play, and some guy wanted help killing hell diablo, for the forge drop, I told him do it, he was on his way to run diablo anyways, what could hurt.
    Now keep in mind, I knew what Im about to tell you was very possible, infact, I expected him to do it. Well they killed diablo (nothing good dropped), and went on to hellforge, my bro got to hellforge, and said, TP up, and the guy just left.

Now like a said, I was totally expecting him to do it, and me nor my bro are really mad that he did it, just one of those case's of classic B-net kiddies.

8. Schwhat

Schwhat IncGamers Member

Yeah I never believe that anyone would ever pay for one act or a single quest.

If you did a whole difficulty rush, and before you killed Diablo and did the hellforge quest first, it's a compromise since you rushed him all the way up to act 4, it's very unlikely you'll be bailing out (IMO act2 is probably the most annoying so if anyone stuck through it rushing you, there's a high chance they will finish up act 4 at least).

If I was ever told to rush and be paid I would demand payment halfway. In your case, release Diablo and then tell him Hellforge quest first. He backs out, then you just leave. It's a good compromise that works, because you've shown your commitment.