Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

AA...MH...Scroll thing

Discussion in 'PvP' started by nickalisk, Mar 27, 2005.

1. nickalisk

nickalisk Banned

AA...MH...Scroll thing

Recently quit using maphack even for after scan.
    B/c i ran into an AA person (i think he was)
    he was a kicker...im not familiar with kickers but he always landed on me with his enigma, he was able to track me across all of act 1 (i tele around and he followed, im 200FCR and many times i would turn and such or he would be completey off mini-map and then next to me or on me.)
    he was in Hbz clan i think...it was Hsumthing...
    Sumone said it was scroll-- i have no idea what that is please explain. And further explain AA as all i know what it is, is the name AutoAim (i think). At very least he had maphack on during duel.
    Is there anyone way to beat AA as a 200 fcr fire sorc?
    i dont want to join them, but i like my share of pwn people.
    b4 this i had never lost a duel with this sorc. (i didnt die this time either just ran into town.) still a loss :(

2. nickalisk

nickalisk Banned

O yah ive just heard that Dragon Flight or sumthing doesnt miss, whats the range on this move? can he blindly click when im away and get lucky?

3. superdave

superdave IncGamers Member

i am sure the edit function still works...you are asking for a temp ban by bumping your posts...i am sure that with your recent posts you don't want to aggravate the mod of this forum more than you already have.

edit...yes that "post reply" and "edit" buttons are soooo close together...now that i have been properly chastised i will let your friends in the pvp forum answer your question...good luck

4. nickalisk

nickalisk Banned

So i accidentally clicked the wrong function... and now your bumping the post thanks, please stay related to subject tho.

5. GIR

GIR Banned

Him advising you to follow the rules is not bumping.

Quit trying to be witty. It's lost on you.

6. nickalisk

nickalisk Banned

kinda like this is lost on u?
    i dont want another flame war so just everyone stick to topic please

7. Inuyasha

Inuyasha IncGamers Member

... Damn, that is the weakest excuse for a retort that I've seen on these forums thusfar. Also, quoting yourself... you must be very brave to try and call him incompetant while pulling that off.

Pure genius.

8. nickalisk

nickalisk Banned

His name is HBJ_Jackiechan
    on usWest ladder

9. Phyrexial

Phyrexial IncGamers Member

AA (Autoaim) teleports them directly ontop of you in the case of Windies, Hammerdins, Kickers, etc. This is dangerous because you really can't tell when you are safe and they can attack you when you really don't expect it. However, it makes them predictable. You know they are going to teleport directly ontop of you, rather a bit north of you. So, spam your attack upwards if you think you can outtank them and with some luck you'll beat them. If it is a very well built anti-caster kicker I think you'll have some trouble with them.

Ideally, you'd want a WW character of sorts to beat an AAer. Just do short whirls south and most characters that try to tele ontop of you will die shortly with minimal if any damage done to you. Bone necros can leave Spirits behind them as they tele away if they are fast enough. Hammerdins and Windies can simply tank.

10. semisonic9

semisonic9 IncGamers Member

This kid still posts here? and as intelligently as well, I see....

*sighs*

Yeah, I'm not too sure about scrollers, but most AA is counterable in some way, which is why I still sometimes duel AA-ers just for the test of skill. AA zons who TG are the worst though....let me pelt naked characters from 2-3 screens away and laugh. If anyone plays East and has seen PvPStreetsweep you know what I mean.

11. GIR

GIR Banned

What he said.

12. semisonic9

semisonic9 IncGamers Member

:-D

ALmost said that too....

13. eA-Zaku

eA-Zaku IncGamers Member

My friend was play-dueling my half-built chars with his half-equipped chars.

I started dueling like a pansy, so he used the scroll lock on his maphack. What I found out was that FoH works with scroll lock (OMFG!!!) but traps do not. Mind blast works, as well, but that's about all I know.

Does anyone know the skills that work to the full extent of scroll lock? As in you scroll all the way (since it is not infinite) and you can cast on that person, and it will effect them?

Skills like Fireball will fade off after a certain distance, so obviously Fireball would not work. Mindblast works to stun/hurt the opponent when the mindblaster uses scroll lock, but when the scroll locker switches to do the "trapping" by namelock mindblast then trap, the traps refuse to cast.

Anyone know where I can get more info on this? Or if anyone can post? It would help me in pub duels to know who and what can be abused with hacks. But I assume that everyone who hacks uses stuff like autoaim instead of simple scroll lock?

14. GIR

GIR Banned

You'd do well not to ask how to use/abuse/get hacks on these forums.

15. eA-Zaku

eA-Zaku IncGamers Member

Guess I wasn't clear enough. I didn't mention using hacks myself in that post. I wanted to know which chars to be aware of that could be using AA and MH.

Like, for example, be wary of FoH because FoH is scroll-lockable.

16. LordDrift

LordDrift IncGamers Member

yea it might be aa depends how far away he is. Dragon flight hardly needs to be aim'd if u close they will land on u easy

17. BlasphemousMusic

BlasphemousMusic IncGamers Member

Sometimes it seems people (non-mods) like to "remind" people of the rules a lot. Wonder if it just might be to increase someones post count? My opinion anyway.

As for the AA or Scroll lock I myself never knew what it was till now. But correct me if I am wrong, it should be easy to detect this by how far they are casting or whatever? Like if someone is hittin you with foh or something from a distance thats not possible by playing legitly, it would be easy to tell they were using the perviously mentioned hacks?

**all though I can't say I like his lack of english skills, manners, whatever.. I do believe he was legitly asking a question in this post. The more you start in on him, the longer he'll go. Can't you all see the pattern? Answer his questions, once, and leave them at that!?!**

18. eA-Zaku

eA-Zaku IncGamers Member

Is this referring to me? Because if it is, I apologize. I have no excuse like "english is my second language," or whatever, so I'll work on my English a bit.

Also, I did not know I didn't have a right to defend myself? I will surely "go longer," in defending myself if I am wrongly accused.

That said, if that was regarding another totally different thing, then please, excuse me.

In conclusion, I still have virtually no idea about who could be owning me using their hacks, and while it doesn't matter in pub, I'd like to know when someone isn't playing fair, and also, it is a valuable skill to be able to accurately call out cheaters in sanctioned/clan duels.

IE if my friend hadn't told me that FoH was scroll-lockable, I'd never suspect a thing as that hammerdin three screens away kept nking me the moment I stepped out of town.

19. Inuyasha

Inuyasha IncGamers Member

Just out of curiosity... how did Gun[Valkarye] change it's name to eA-Zaku?

Is there some kind of screenname-changing option on this forum that I was not aware of?

20. Dennis_KoreanGuy

Dennis_KoreanGuy IncGamers Member

My friend AAs and I have a lot of experience with dueling AAers. I don't think AA allows you to chase someone all the way from Blood Moor to Cata, or even maybe Blood Moor to Cold Plains. I think AA's max range is somewhat close to the range where that AAer gets in your map. This is because whenever I duel my friend, he doesn't tele onto me untill my map shows him walking to me.

For the Scroll thing, I don't know what you're talking about. :confused:

- Dennis :D