Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

AA Hammerdin Vs. My Poor Necro

Discussion in 'PvP' started by BricBrac, May 28, 2005.

1. BricBrac

BricBrac IncGamers Member

AA Hammerdin Vs. My Poor Necro

A bone necro has low life. The player aims for the necro NOT to get hit, teleporting so no one can get a namelock to easily. AA completely annihilates any skill of namelocking and does it for you. It completely annihilates me, especially when used with a hammerdin. I die in 1-2 hits, as they teleport from 3 screens away. Any tips on how to put a stop to this?

2. mhl12

mhl12 IncGamers Member

what are the stats for your necro and what gear do you use?

basically, hammerdins are really hard to stop while teleporting and using cheap hacks such as AA. But there are few ppl who do that specifically in pubby duels. I would just leave and join another game.

3. BricBrac

guess I forgot the mention that..

well I have about 1.3k life (low since max block) with BO. 1 hit from hammer probably

I can reach 125% FCR, but stay 75% mostly unless I switch some stuff around

Gear.. its basically the same.. HOTO, Enigma, Homonculus, Shako ('till I can find a nice nec circlet). 5 PnB Gcs

So there is really no way of dealing with an AA Hammerdin?

4. mhl12

mhl12 IncGamers Member

well unless you can kill him in 1-2 hits

i mean seriously.. teleporting hammerdin, AA, + 10k dmg. how cheap can that be?

5. Phyrexial

Phyrexial IncGamers Member

125% fcr will be an absolute must in pretty much all competitive duels. Against an AA hammerdin would would definetly want this.

Obviously staying still for more than a couple seconds will result in your death, so you definetly have to keep on the move. I personally tele away from them and try to leave Spirits waiting for them at my last position. Also, you can try shooting a bunch of Spirits in a direction then teleing just ahead of your line of Spirits. If the Hammerdin AA's ontop of you, he should land right ontop of the Spirits as well. If your reflexs are fast enough, you should be able to get out with 125% fcr before he kills you.

Just remember that an AA hammerdin may be more accurate in his namelock/tele, but it also makes him more predictable. Try to use this against him.

Ideally you would want a WW type character to fight an AA'ing hammerdin. Just do small WW's south and this will avoid the hammers and result in the hammerdin taking damage.

6. Tank081

Tank081 IncGamers Member

He nailed it :thumbsup: fighting an AA Hdin is not easy and the biggest thing is to have fast reflexes as Phyrexial mentioned. Also, see if you can get more GC's to increase your damage and make the duel go a little faster, because the longer the duel is the better chance he has for you to slip up and not move when he teles on u which will end the duel for you.

7. Dirty Scorpion

Dirty Scorpion IncGamers Member

if u have 1 point in revives make summons(revives,mages,skeletons) for minion stacking

8. morotsjos

morotsjos Banned

Druids with 5 wolves work wonders too.
    Just keep moving and when you land at the same spot roughly at the same time just tornado away while he kills your wolves. No hammerdin can tank that.

9. Magikc

Magikc Banned

put on lot of frw and runaway//hit or turn on oak(if U use hoto) and clay golem spam bone spirits then tele on your bone spirits like @Phyrexial said minion stack will save U from 1 hit killa.

10. dys0r

dys0r IncGamers Member

An AA hammerdin's pretty predictable and easy to beat. You already know he's going to tele on you 3+ screens away. You should expect it a lot. Just leave spirits around, so when he teles on you, the spirits have a high chance of hitting him. Or you can just do the run/walk trick and destroy him with spears when he teles on you.

- Terry

11. BricBrac

thank you all for the advice. I will definetly use 'em if I ever find one again :D *bookmarked*

12. PlasmaDragon

PlasmaDragon IncGamers Member

Ways to pwn aa hammer trash.

1. Tele around with golem, oak,other summons,etc and spam spirit and teeth. If you do this right u will make the aa hammerdin tele into your spirit fields and get pwnt.

2. Tele around spear lock them. You have to get the timing right and know when they are gonna tele are you. Don't try and get greedy and shoot one more spear or you'll die. When they start running away tele lock them and they'll be the ones crying aa.

3. Easiest way of beating htem. Walk south spear or spirit up.