Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

A5 merc, a way to go?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Lord_Alucard, Aug 27, 2006.

1. Lord_Alucard

Lord_Alucard IncGamers Member

A5 merc, a way to go?

I really wanna use an A5 merc, Gaze and Fortitude for helm and armour...the problem is the weapon, What to use? the runeword Death looks kinda sexy in my eth CS, but some are saying that BotD is the only way to go, and since I have no experience of A5 mercs, I can't argue against them. So I wanna hear what the forum people have to say about the act5 merc. Is it the worst choice I've ever made, they die to easy, a2 merc has aura etc.

Since I'm using a smiter, I already have Fanaticism and Defiance, so an additional aura is not what I'm looking for. Please help me out on this one =)

2. ffejrxx

ffejrxx IncGamers Member

i use an a5 merc to help my sorc, 2k efort, delerium, e-flamebellow = 2-4kdmg
    curses from delerium help alot, only downside is that he dies when cursed with iron maden

wouldnt a botd Colossus Blade be better than botd pb on barb hireling?

3. sirmessbu

sirmessbu IncGamers Member

If you can afford it and insist on using an act5 merc, I suggest an eth Lastwish collosus blade.

Lifetap will help both of you to survive with lifetap, good crushing blow and even tho ya don't need an extra aura you would get a non-negligeable lv17 might.

4. lagalot

lagalot IncGamers Member

I had one earlier on this ladder before I made a pride polearm.Mine used death cs ebug sacred duress and upd gaze ..in one player with my palys fanat he one hit killed most monsters in hell.Fun merc to have.