A1,2,5 Merc Weapon: Hand of Justice?

___

Diabloii.Net Member
A1,2,5 Merc Weapon: Hand of Justice?

Looking at the stats.. this weapon seems pretty incredible for a merc. With the meteor when merc dies, the extra aura, and the crazy damage. However, it is very expensive rune-wise.. and how often is a 4 socket elite polearm / bow / 2H sword going to spawn? My question is.. is it worth it?

Hand of Justice

(4 Socketed Weapons) Sur + Cham + Amn + Lo

100% Chance To Cast Level 36 Blaze When You Level-Up
100% Chance To Cast Level 48 Meteor When You Die
Level 16 Holy Fire Aura When Equipped
+33% Increased Attack Speed
+280-330% Enhanced Damage
Ignore Target's Defense
7% Life Stolen Per Hit
-20% To Enemy Fire Resistance
20% Deadly Strike
Hit Blinds Target
Freezes Target +3

BaNiSeR

Diabloii.Net Member
if your using it for the leech/aura/blind & freeze target then go for it. but IMHO the on death and on lvl mods are complete crap. i supose if you make this weapon on as low lvl a merc you can the revive cost wouldnt hurt you too bad, but really, how do you justify the cost of a suicide merc just for one stinking meteor :D

the dmg/speed is pretty good too though

Sip

Banned
I agree with baniser

Holy fire and when you die bonuses are completely useless.

With the sur cham and lo, you could easily pick up an ethereal reapers, ethereal bonehew or ethereal ariotics needle. The mods are much more useful

Shadoway

Diabloii.Net Member
Hand of Justice is a wonderful weapon, but for certain classes only. Such as avenger, or fireclaw druid, etc.

MoUsE_WiZ

Diabloii.Net Member
What if you depend on your wand of LR MSS?

326% ED + 150% dmg to undead eth colossus voulge > any silly LR overriding reapers.

doubleOObubble

Diabloii.Net Member
"and how often is a 4 socket elite polearm / bow / 2H sword going to spawn?"

Well, Colossus voulge gets 4 sockets from Larzuk. So does Highland, Champion and Balrog blades. Blade bow and Great bow too. So, it's not THAT hard to find.

Also, speaking of act2 merc weapons; Would Arioc's needle be one of the best choices for a Necro right? As a Might merc does not stop at lvl 20 skill, I think that the +4 skills looks great. And of course the speed, deadly strike, leech and ITD makes it super sweet!

PhatTrumpet

Diabloii.Net Member
Exactly. I just threw Arioc's (+4) and Andy's Visage (+2) on my Barb's Might Merc and it netted him an extra 100 or so Conc dmg (using upped Headstriker).