Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

A windy vs hammer analysis

Discussion in 'PvP' started by JohnnyDeppadin, Apr 15, 2005.

1. JohnnyDeppadin

JohnnyDeppadin Banned

A windy vs hammer analysis

Recently played a WIndy Druid with my Near perfect Hammerdin.
    hammerdin lvl 93, with 4541 life after Bo.
    He claimed to have 6000 life.
    he also claimed wolfs block hammers.....

what i want to know is we dueled 10 times.....he won 10-0
    i never saw myself do dmg to him..even when i desync or tele'd on him
    is there such thing as a "god" hack or do i just suck? 6k life can tank hammers.......

i do 14k
    i did however ask him to prove he didnt have the hack...he let me hi him with aura once....i did roughly 2/5 dmg.....can u turn off hack real fast?

2. sheepe2004

sheepe2004 IncGamers Member

wolves do block hammers

3. HandofElysium

HandofElysium IncGamers Member

Due to the minion stack bug its hard to name lock let alone hit him with a hammer before getting a tornado to death.

Also always go for oak before attacking the druid as a standard stratagy of dueling them.

4. Kamahl

Kamahl IncGamers Member

you hammers dont actually do 14k dmng cuz theres a pvp penalty so its perfectly ressonable that he can take a hammer or 3

5. JohnnyDeppadin

JohnnyDeppadin Banned

i realize pvp dmg penalty, my question is when i name lock tele and kill the sage and a few minions...he is standing there unscathed.... so a hammerdin cannot beat a good druid? i was charge/hammering occasionally also...no effect. and is there such thing as god hack? ive heard random accusations of it...as far as im concerned no such thing exists.

6. morotsjos

morotsjos Banned

Competent druids will always be near-impossible for hammerdins. Minion stacking makes it possible for them to tele on top of you and kill you without a scratch even if you spam like crazy. Your best bet is to keep charging around while casting hammers, that way he wont catch you at least.

7. TheGreatDivorce

TheGreatDivorce IncGamers Member

Windies can easily have 6-7k life. Windies can easily tank 2-3 hammers. Wolves do block hammers.

This is why Windies don't use Bear vs. Hammerdins, Wolves allow a Windie to take 5 hits before you actually damage him; it is very difficult to kill a good Windie even if you are better.

Best thing to do is constantly charge to avoid his Tornados, randomizing casting your hammers. You want him to make the mistake of r/w instead of teleing so confuse him.

8. luis19

luis19 IncGamers Member

while a windy does have the upperhand, its not a completely one sided duel.

desynced hammers change the duel completely, much in the favor of the hammerdin.

i.e. druid is teleing after a hammerdin and lands in a field of 5 inv. hammers, bam minions gone, possibly a hit taken (w/o oak its alot).

it really all depends on if they windy can keep minions up and if they hammerdin can aviod being hit and attacking when minoiins are down ( or playing 100% charge+ spam around windy).

9. Suiginto

Suiginto IncGamers Member

Funny, I somewhat do well with my hammerdin against windies i fought so far. I just tele around them, casting hammer, and targetting summons one at a time. Then, with his summons down I tele in when he stops to recast cyclone armor or minions then its done. But those nados will hurt if you tele in a bit late or early. It's all about experience.

10. luis19

luis19 IncGamers Member

why the hell would they recast cyclone armor...

druid can easily recast summons by placing nados around them as they recast.

if you beat druids with soley tele+hammer, you are dueling horrible windys.

only effective way to beat windsy on a hammerdin is the use of desync, with possibly tele hammers at critical moments.

11. JohnnyDeppadin

JohnnyDeppadin Banned

I have never had trouble with windies before. just this one, but im a perfectionist so even one would tarnish my "record". while i did desync, if they are defensive and tele away to recast minions or dont give chase like an idiot then the battle is lost (for the hammerdin?). I have never lost a single duel b4 this one and i would like to know y i lost. i am currently in the process of building a windy (to better know my adversary or join them if the cause is hopless) anyone have druid ele charms +life on uswest ladder?

12. morotsjos

morotsjos Banned

He wont get hit by 5 hammers at once unless he screw up, hence there is plenty of time to recast. But I agree that desynch is the only way to stand a chance vs good druids.

13. Jimi-

Jimi- IncGamers Member

make a hammer with the fastest fcr bp, tele around and surprise him, you cast so fast sometimes the druid dont have time to react

14. JohnnyDeppadin

JohnnyDeppadin Banned

i have switch gear that hits 125 fcr bp, thats about it on fastest, but they seem to still be able to catch up (they just tele on you) while u have to worry about wolfs soaking hits so u cant really "trade hits"

15. Sh4dovv

Sh4dovv Banned

i personally think hammerdin is one of the worst PK'ers

my druid beats 90% of hammers, only being hit by the occaisonal stray hammer

and yes he has 6.3k life, and i have seen ppl with over 7k

16. morotsjos

morotsjos Banned

Hammerdins are very good when played by competent people. You cant hit a hammerdin who stays desynched 99% of the duel, and you WILL get hit by ibh sooner or later, it's inevitable.

You cant judge hammerdins based on their performance vs druids.
    Any non-retarded druidplayer can kill 90% of all hammerdins easy with a ghettodruid. With 5 wolves you can outtank any hammerdin simply by teleporting on top of them and spam away, something that's suicide for any other char. With your 6k+ life druid you should almost never lose vs hammerdins if you just keep recasting wolves. Even ibh cant harm you.

17. HandofElysium

Sorry to be a little OT but thats when you need to get a duel wielding barb. I got my barb at a decent level this weekend just to try out grief/beast zerker duel wielding setup. It is so much easier on a barb to take out a wind druid. If the wind druid doesn't have a stormshield I'm able to take them out in one whirl.

18. morotsjos

morotsjos Banned

Dont joke, barbs have to try real hard to lose vs windies, especially with grief+beast. I demand reset NOW =)

Did you rebuild your barb btw? What's his stats (i.e. life/ar/def/dex for maxblock)?

19. HandofElysium

I have like 3800 life with no bo switch. This is at level 76 where i have about 100 plus stats saved. What is the min strength I need to wear fort so I can do a little bvb? I only have 15 stat anni at the moment. I also socketed my storm shield with a rare 30ed 8 strength 7 resist all -15 requirement jewel.
    My AR with duel ravens is like 6k and dex is low as I only put 10 extra points in it but I will eventually go with max block.

This morning before I went to work I dueled this zealot I killed him like 10-0 to the point of frustration. He couldn't understand why I was able to hit him while he isn't hitting me even with his BOTD zerker. He finally killed me once with my 23 dr :) then continue to naked me. Then I just got my T/V and nk and stole his gold and then left. :p

20. morotsjos

morotsjos Banned

Lmao. You killed him with beast or storm?

Dont know about str for fort. When you can equip all gear without enigma you have enough =)
    Your ar seems quite low, whats the numbers with enchant and/or angelics?
    Also, what charms are you using? Life scs?