Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

A Week's Cold Turkey... How am I doin' ?

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by mali, Mar 6, 2004.

1. mali

mali IncGamers Member

A Week's Cold Turkey... How am I doin' ?

Well, other than to make sure my mules aren't expired - I haven't played in over a week... a little over. Not saying that I'm quitting, just kinda happy that I'm able to do this. God... I sound like some kind of junky!

Aaaagh!

Cheers

m

2. Matt

Matt IncGamers Site Pal

Because you ARE some kind of junkie Mali! Ahahaha! Nice to talk to you again Mali! I actually havent played more than half an hour in the last 2 weeks myself. One week I was away in India, and the next, I have been focusing on school and Unreal Tournament (I recently joined a clan, I'm gettin fairly good ;) )

-Matt

3. WingBlade

WingBlade IncGamers Member

Mali, your still hooked on w/ the forums... which in the end of it has ties to the game.... you may not be playing the game per se.. but your experiencing the game through other people's game time.

4. sohcan

sohcan IncGamers Member

Ditto matey I logged in to refresh my mules, took my windy druid for a quick spin in a hell game and then just said "why bother?".

It's more habit than addiction, for most people, I would wager. The same way some people come home from work and grab a coffee at the end of the day, unless of course you pump a lot of caffine in on a regular basis.

5. Carnage-DVS

Carnage-DVS IncGamers Member

I havnt played my characters for around 2-3 weeks now, and am not suffering any withdrawal symptoms at all. Only thing I really do with the game anymore is to sell items over Ebay and perm my mules. That's about it.

6. BaNiSeR

BaNiSeR IncGamers Member

hmm, i havnt played my last incarnation of my IK barb in...3 days now...for the simple reason that hes, well, dead :D

and i guess hes staying that way until i really really get the urge like i had before lol but i guess this is a tad different from your abstinance ^_^

7. lumberg

lumberg IncGamers Member

i quit 3 weeks ago, came back yesterday, quit again today...but this time snapped my cd so it'll be tough to come back from that :lol:

8. ConnerMacleod

ConnerMacleod IncGamers Member

Mali, when you say you haven't played in over a week, are you talking about playing on your regular realm? Are you slumming it and playing Asia?

9. SkaMan

SkaMan IncGamers Member

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOBLAR!

Mate, good to hear that you can go on without your daily d2 hit :D As J so aptly put it, I think it's more out of habit that I continue to play the game, rather than addiction. I think I'm really just filling in time until another game comes along that I can get nicely addicted to. In the meanwhile I'll just do my token mf runs...

P.S. Had an awesome night out in Ballarat saturday... If you're back in AUS you'll have to come out :D

10. mali

mali IncGamers Member

Hehe...

Nah Conner, not playing at all! But true enough Wing: this is my connection to the people that I've met who really matter.
    I bought Neverwinter Nights some time ago, and promptly forgot I had it. A good game! Youi're right J... 'tis more a habit than an addiction. And P? Love to get toasted next time in Aus!!!

Cheers all

m

11. Kool69

Kool69 IncGamers Member

Ive given up D2, along with other video games, since ash wen. Feb 25th (for lent) and for the first few days i had an awesome idea for a character and i really wanted to play but then after that my withdrawl symtoms have died down. I mean just take a pretty long break from D2 and just experience what all else there is to do wiht your time instead of diablo and youll know what i mean. Know i feel when i come back to diablo im only gonna be playing it at night. GL mali!

12. xxsteelxx

xxsteelxx IncGamers Member

I tried cutting D2 a month ago cold turkey. I gave all my gear away and killed all my chars so it would be hard to come back. I lasted about a week before i got some nasty cravings lol...so i started single player because i find it a little less addicting :) So now i have 3 80+ single player chars.....although they are sc. I played hc for 2 years on realms and would never play sc reams. But for some reason i dont see any point playing hc on single player.

13. TheDarkSide

TheDarkSide Clan Officer - US East Hardcore

I havent played D2 since Sunday Feb 29th and I can say that I haven't missed it a bit . Iv'e also picked up NeverWinter Nights and its my current obsession . Mali if ya wanna try a nice server give The Turmish Lands a shot . Only thing is you'll need both the SOU and HOTU expansion packs to play there .

Cheers :drink: - kicks D2 demon in the arse - and fires up some Nwn !!

14. kardinaal

kardinaal IncGamers Member

You'll be back someday ;) This is too fun a game. See you when you've gown tired of NWN. I've been playing for years without the game sucking up too much time, so I don't understand that addiction thing, not even the "habit". Think less, you'll have more time to play :D

15. sonikki_

sonikki_ IncGamers Member

i cant even snap my cd in half since i have no cd :) so i cant get out even if i wanted to=)