a weally leet char..

Still-Xey-Lover

Diabloii.Net Member
a weally leet char..

Whats a really leet char that can do hell baals and or cs, pits, the whole deal. MY frenzy barb is getting boring and i wanna make TEH godzor char. Im thinking of several chars: trapper, javazon, blizz sorc, meteorb sorc, and lit sorc. Im trying to not make a hammy.

LuckyDwarf

Diabloii.Net Member
Still-Xey-Lover said:
Whats a really leet char that can do hell baals and or cs, pits, the whole deal. MY frenzy barb is getting boring and i wanna make TEH godzor char. Im thinking of several chars: trapper, javazon, blizz sorc, meteorb sorc, and lit sorc. Im trying to not make a hammy.
Infinity sorc or hammerdin, maybe an enigma infinity trapper?

Lucky

Still-Xey-Lover

Diabloii.Net Member
Ooo i don't remember the last time i made a lite sork, if ever making one. What kind of gear would she use? Full tals or hoto, griffons, tals ammy, arach, wwalks, SS mages ? Merc uses infinity with uhh fort and a gaze? Thanks in advance for replies.

P.S. when you say light, you mean lightning/CL, not nova correct?

RoXoR

Diabloii.Net Member
light chars sorc/zon/sin w/ infinity is amazing solo if u dont want hdin. sorc being most fragile, i have stayed away from them :p

ya light/cl I'd use the latter gear, if you can afford it.

Hp_Sauce

Diabloii.Net Member
P.S. when you say light, you mean lightning/CL, not nova correct?
When picking the gear for your light sorc its important that you know the FCR breakpoints for Lightning an Chain Lightning are different (read: higher).

Lightning/Chainlightning breakpoints:

FCR% / FPC
0 / 19
7 / 18
15 / 17
23 / 16
37 / 15
52 / 14
78 / 13
117 / 12

So ya, personly whatever gear I wore it would have to hit at least 78% FCR, but having tried it 117% really is quite a lot better.

-hps

Edit: Erm, you probably already knew this, so just ignore me I suppose.

PhatTrumpet

Diabloii.Net Member
If you want to be totally sweet, try this.

Otherwise: http://strategy.diabloii.net/news.php?id=563

Griffon (obviously)
Mara's (or godly crafted/rare or magic +3light/10%FCR)
Eschuta's (or HotO)
Vipermagi
SS
Magefist
TGod's
Treks
SOJ(s) and/or whatever you need to hit 117%FCR

Merc: your setup sounds fine.

You'll have to decide whether to go ES (i.e. invest 20 in TK) or not.

Full_Circle

Diabloii.Net Member
Still-Xey-Lover said:
Nova dmg is fairly low wiht good gear, from a skill calc its at 1600 with +12 skills.
Nova is really unimpressive. I've got it maxed on my 200 fcr lightning sorc (synergy to lightning & chain), and it's marginal at best. Great for rushing norm/nightmare, though.