Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

A way to automatically get 95% chance to hit, what do you think? d

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by IcyMist, Jun 25, 2005.

1. IcyMist

IcyMist IncGamers Member

A way to automatically get 95% chance to hit, what do you think?

if i have the stats of -100% target defense(4 eth runes) and ignore target defense and reasonable attack rating, i would be close to maximum chance to hit, wouldn't I?

2. Leohappy

Leohappy IncGamers Member

Ignore Target Defense does just that - Ignores Target Defense in the calculations (setting defense to 0 actually), leaving only your level vs enemy level. There's always 5% chance that you won't hit a particular monster, regardless of ITD, AR or whatever. You also have to keep in mind there is no way to avoid blocking from shields or skills (like Amazon passive or assa Weapon block).

3. lCE

lCE IncGamers Member

Against normal monsters yes, -target def is cut to 1/2 vs act bosses and they have hidden blocking as well so, theres no way to have 95% to hit vs hell baal for instance. Same thing applies in pvp, eth runes are cut by 1/2, so 4 eth runes would have an effect of -50% target def in pvp.

4. Superhal

Superhal IncGamers Member

well, if you have 6 of them, wouldn't that give you 75% vs baal/pvp?

5. Jerkazoid

Jerkazoid IncGamers Member

yes

but cutting final def 75% wont autmaticly yield 95% chance to hit, it will just improve the effectivness of ur ar/lvl. the effect is all variable ofcourse

6. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

Is convictions -% target defense also cut in half in pvp and vs. act bosses? getting liek 90% from conviction would make the need for eth runes in your weapon much less, and these days, anyone rich enough can have a blessed aim merc with conviction, giving an enormous boost to/hit.

7. RTB

RTB IncGamers Member

Not that I know of, but the -% defense from Conviction is added (as negative skill ed%) to the defense calculations. It's not that useful against characters with lots of it, such as high-defense pally/barbs.

This would also mean that Conviction lowers monster defense first, and then -% defense from items then reduces the remaining defense.

8. MilkmanAl

MilkmanAl IncGamers Member

So, for example, that means that a character with 1000 defense and 100% ed (for a total of 2000 defense) would have 1100 defense (1000 base and 10% ed) rather than 200 defense (90% off of 2000), correct?

In other words, conviction's bonus and the eth runes' bonus happen in succession and do not add together.

9. KillJoyBob

KillJoyBob IncGamers Member

You can of course can use Smite, which ignores both blocking and defense rating. :wink2:

10. RTB

RTB IncGamers Member

Correct.

Yes, as Eth runes reduce the total defense, while Conviction reduces skill enhanced defense.

11. Bullet-Tooth Tony

Bullet-Tooth Tony IncGamers Member

Yesterday I got Conviction on my hammerdin in the WSK. Took a quick look at my defence.
    According to Arreat Summit, Conviction level is monlvl/4. Bosses in WSK are 85+3 lvl, so Conviction should be lvl 22. This means -90% defence if I'm not mistaken.
    However, my defense went down from ~4k to ~3k, but not ~400. I beleive, RTB is right. -90% def from Conviction doesn't mean lowering defence 10 times. It looked like it had substracted 90% from HolyShield defence bonus.