A tyrant's right to the throne

maccool

Diabloii.Net Member
I suppose he has a right to the throne. But if he leaves the seat up, Mrs. Tyrant's going to be very upset.

Good one, mac.

I suppose since might makes right, and a tyrant on the throne must have had some prodigious might to get there, then yes. If he has the might, he has the right.

Geeno

Diabloii.Net Member
I wish I could post pics

Id probably use the old "i have no clue what youre talking about so heres a rabbit with a pancake on his head"

Croup

Diabloii.Net Member
The simplicity of your question makes it confusing. There are plenty of different ways to define "right," so the answers are going to vary depending on which one a poster picks.

By my own definition of legitimacy, I say no. But that doesn't mean I have the right answer.

nnndave

Diabloii.Net Member
hell yes he does. But only if he promises to terrorize the people he swore to protect. And start lots of wars.

And kill people for no reason, and just be generally tyranic.

Freemason

Banned
The tyrant wanted the power and took it. Was that wrong? Would it still be wrong if the tyrant took the power from a tyrant like Ivan the Terrible?

Necrolestes

Diabloii.Net Member
Absolute power corrupts absolutely

Freemason said:
The tyrant wanted the power and took it. Was that wrong? Would it still be wrong if the tyrant took the power from a tyrant like Ivan the Terrible?
Power is not taken, it is given (through laws, manipulation, or inaction). A tyrant has no more right to claim a throne than an ordinary citizen.

Freemason

Banned
Power doesn't come from laws or manipulation or inaction. Power has always been and always will be in the hands of the one with the most guns. With guns you can sieze power. Without guns you get shot. Hitler knew that very well.

Necrolestes

Diabloii.Net Member
Surrender is a perfectly acceptable offer

Freemason said:
Power doesn't come from laws or manipulation or inaction. Power has always been and always will be in the hands of the one with the most guns. With guns you can sieze power. Without guns you get shot. Hitler knew that very well.
With guns, you manipulate the people into obeying your every whim (because they don't want to die). They give up power to save their lives.