Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

A Trio of Twins – Project Planning and Update Thread

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by PhineasB, Aug 28, 2017.

1. PhineasB

PhineasB Diabloii.Net Member

Most of my gaming time is focused on the 99ers, but there are some builds I still want to try. So I decided to level some new characters when I need a break from Chaos Sanctuary, but tied into a themed project. :)

A Trio of Twins
    The basic concept is to use mercs other than A2 town guards, and pair each of the remaining mercs with a “twin” – Amazon and Rogue, Paladin and A3 Mage, and a duo of Barbs. Each character has to hire a twin as soon as they become available – the Paladin and Barb can use a Rogue until they can hire the twin in Normal.

All three characters will clear every A85 area in Hell. The first two characters are twinked and leveling as quickly as possible to equip end game gear. The last is untwinked with some extra limitations: no extended stash, and a modified single pass approach where, in each difficulty, he can select 5 areas/targets to rerun 5 times each.

I’ll do a quick overview of the planned builds, and then a section at the end with current status of all three sets of twins that I’ll update as this moves along. I’m very interested to get feedback on gear selection for the first two, in particular.

Meet the Twins
    I had an amazon, Sense, parked in A2 Normal that was intended to be a Silence-wielding fendazon. While doing some numbers crunching, I realized the Matriarchal Spear for Silence wouldn’t be able to reach fastest attack speed on fend without wearing Treachery. But she wanted to wear Fortitude for extra damage, so I decided a Faith wielding Rogue was the way to go.

Build. Max Fend, with maxed Lightning Strike/Charged Strike as backup, and the standard one-point wonders. She’s currently upping critical strike, with any remaining points likely going to beef up the decoy.

Gear. She used my standard twinking gear: Envy, to gemmed damage weapons + Cow set, to Ribby, then an Honor spear and the Zon runeword armor (to use it). She equipped end game gear in A5 NM: Silence, Fortitude, Guillame’s w RJoF, Highlords, Nos Coil, Sandstorm Trek, Laying of Hands, BKWB, and Ravenfrost. CtA and Lidless on switch.

Inventory is full of Sharp GCs with life plus one FHR Harpoonist’s skiller, with mostly fine SCs but a few resist and more FHR. She hits fastest fend speed, meets the 86 FHR breakpoint, and has all resists maxed in Hell except cold.

Merc. The merc, Olena, is a Cold Rogue with Faith, Fortitude, and Tal’s mask (will be Andy’s if she reaches that level).

After how much fun the Beardin was in my 7x7, I’d been thinking of an over-the-top Auradin for a while. Then my 99er Sin got an eth Nightwings and an Ice Blast Ormus – that actually was the final push to really tackle this project, because the A3 cold mage might actually do some damage :rolleyes: So Kaleid was born. He has completed Normal, and picked up a Lightning mage for now because I’d never used one before.

Build. He is running Conviction, and will max the resist element synergies for Dreams, Hand of Justice, and Dragon.

Gear. Hand of Justice, Dream shield, and Dragon were made for him. I used the Dream headgear during my 7x7. I haven’t really settled on the rest of the gear, but am thinking of going over-the-top elemental damage and CtC effects, so likely Highlords and BKWB/Ravenfrost for jewelry. Probably Goreriders for boots (can’t think of any elemental damage boots); gloves might be Lavagout for extra elemental damage fun, and then one of the unique belts with elemental damage.

Merc. Merc will wear 15/14/15 Ice Blast Ormus with a cold facet and the Eth Nightwings (only 9%, so I may actually give him a perfect one with facet that I have). I think he will use a Voice of Reason for the -eCR and cannot be frozen. For the shield, it seems like Spirit might be best for +skills and FCR? Maybe Lidless with a cold facet?

The final twins, Death and a Barb merc, will be a long-term project, going untwinked without extended stash. He will be allowed to rerun up to 5 targets/areas per Difficulty, but otherwise is single pass.

Build. Given the playthrough, he will be a Berserker, with Warcry to stun crowds and Howl to clear out space if he gets swarmed, and a couple points in Concentrate to allow some leeching. Insight is the great equalizer.

He’s made it through Normal without a death and with some decent drops. I had forgotten how good the Barb mercs are, or maybe it's just in the early going. I’ll post a separate update on him, likely later this week when I get the screenshots and notes organized.

The Twins’ Progress
    Updated 1/24/19
    Sense (Lvl 82) and Olena the Cold RogueMatriarch
    Kaleid (Lvl 87) and Vanji the Cold MagePatriarch
    Death (Lvl 83) and Ragnar the Barb Patriarch

Last edited: Jan 25, 2019
    Fruit, Zyr, TedDeeBoy and 5 others like this.
  2. PandadudeSP

PandadudeSP Diabloii.Net Member

Cool project! I have some comments for the paladin:

Asmodeus has a list of elemental damage gear in his guide which may be useful. https://www.diabloii.net/forums/threads/the-elemental-templar-guide-v1-01.675592/
    Regarding the iron wolf: He won't be able to wear spirit monarch with base strength. Eth would reduce the requirement to 146, but it is still too much. At lvl 85 mine has 137 str so I stuck him with griswolds heart. Griswolds 3 facet + spirit monarch is +2 skills, 35 fcr, +15% dmg, fhr and resists. Ormus + Lidless with facets is +1 skill, +3 IB, +40 fcr, +25% dmg, more damage and more style.
    I would also skip VoR. You already have conviction aura giving -150, so you don't need to stack more -res. CBF also isn't necessary for casting. A spirit sword is probably good, although a 6 facet sword would also work if you are swimming in them. His relevant FCR breakpoints are 15/26/39/58/86 so a spirit sword would shave off another frame.

T72on1 and PhineasB like this.
  3. darkstarhub

darkstarhub Diabloii.Net Member

Out of pure curiosity, why did you go with a Paladin paired with an Act 3 Merc instead of a Sorc? Is it because the Act 3 Merc can use a shield and that pairs with a Paladin or the Paladin has more synergy with an Act 3 Merc? Or it could just be you didn't want to do a Sorc right now? Your gearing choice for the Merc seems like it would be potent for sure.

I think this is a pretty cool idea man.

PhineasB likes this.
  4. drmalawi

drmalawi Diabloii.Net Member

Cool idea! I have to give this a try too! :)

PhineasB likes this.
  5. PhineasB

Thanks @PandadudeSP for the feedback on A3 merc. Very helpful, and honestly I hadn't looked carefully on the stats and breakpoints for him yet, so it's much appreciated. I have a 35% FCR spirit sword, so it sounds like that plus Lidless socketed with a facet may be winner.

For belt on Kaleid, I was thinking Snowclash or TGods, which were the two options in Asmo's guide. For boots, I had forgotten about Cow King's, but I think War Traveler would probably be a better option in the end. We'll see -- he still has probably until A4 NM before he can start playing around with some endgame gear. And I'm back to the 99er Sorc for now, so it may be a while.

For the Pally, I definitely took artistic license. :p Even though the merc is a caster, they've always looked like a Paladin cousin to me. So a cousin was close enough . . . The main reason, actually, was because I wanted to build the Pally, and this project was a vehicle to make the leveling and building more interesting. Plus, I don't think the A3 merc would shine without conviction, so that contributed also.

6. T72on1

T72on1 Diabloii.Net Member

Very cool project !!! Good luck :).

PhineasB likes this.
  7. PhineasB

I got a bit sidetracked with getting my 99er Sorc to level 98, so spent chunks of time on that rather than the write-up for the Barb, Death. I started organizing screen shots and notes, so hopefully I'll get his progress written up and posted this week.

In the meantime, Sense has made some progress (one or two WPs per session), currently sitting in Inner Cloister and having full-cleared Masoleum (and Crypt, while she was there), all at p3. She still needs to go back and clear the Pit as an A85 area.

No major finds (not surprising given whopping 30 MF), but I'm really enjoying her. :) Fend at highest attack speed is fun, particularly with Fortitude as a damage boost. Charged Strike and Lightning strike to deal with single strong physical immunes/strong other monsters and groups of physical immune, respectively, is solid and keeps things interesting. She will likely stay at p3 for A2, and maybe A3.

I'm hoping to finish up A1 and Radament quest before leaving town on Friday, with a write up for Death's progress through Normal mixed in there.

8. PhineasB

Alright, time to give the progress update for Death (and his recently found twin, Ragnar).

As a reminder, Death is going untwinked without extended stash, with a “modified” single pass approach: he can pick up to 5 targets/areas per Difficulty to rerun up to 5 times. He’s doing p8 full clears for Normal and Nightmare, except the jungle areas of A3 (on p1 and not full clear) and for scary act bosses.

He didn’t really use anything other than normal attack through A4, largely due to mana issues. It was simpler to just take longer to hit the monsters a lot than have to manage pots, especially because he had a great find early on. He actually had tremendous TC3 luck through the first act.

The first S/U was the green buckler in the Dark Wood, followed by the Gnasher in Tamoe, which was his main weapon until being able to roll a savage bill part way into A2. He then found Death’s Sash in the Pit, so an early source of CBF! Followed shortly by Torch of Iro and then Death’s Gloves on the second rerun of Andy.

There was nothing of note through A2 and A3. Izual took >10 minutes to kill, swapping between Cleglaw’s sword and shield and savage partizan. One repair was needed; thank goodness for option to hold LMB and move mouse out of the windowed mode :rolleyes:. Tir and a perfect topaz from the HF, and then Diablo eventually fell.

Things picked up in A5, when he found his long-lost twin. But not before completing his first set, fittingly the Death Set. Sadly, the sword is too low damage at this point, so he stayed with the savage partizan. Then his first unique ring dropped, which turned out to be a 30MF Nagel. He had also saved up a perfect amethyst for when the first plain Partizan dropped. He lucked out with 4os on the roll, and then he was in business:
    A5 N (Insight Partizan).jpg
    With mana issues solved, he was now able to go with Berserk and the occasional concentrate to leech. And the damage took a major jump! From there it was smooth sailing to Slayer status. Die Baal!
    A5 N (Die Baal).jpg
    His targets for rerunning in Normal were Countess, Andy, Meph, and Pindle. So one left unused. Countess provided some nice good starter runes and Andy dropped the Death's Gloves, which was great obviously. The others didn't provide anything beyond gold from selling loot and some XP.

He’s still missing one perfect topaz on the helm, but magic find is up to 249. He’s cleared up to Cold Plains in NM. Now that he has unlimited mana, he used a respect to put more points in Find Item (over 40% rather than ~20% through late Normal). He hopes to get some solid MF on switch and see if he can’t luck out with horking.

He has stashed a life tap wand and a +resist amulet. But otherwise he has potions, runes, and gems stashed for now. He will narrow gems to flawless and cube Grand Charms as he goes, with perfect rubies going to blood rings. He will also likely eventually need to abandon the 2-slot Death’s sash and find another source of CBF, likely a shield with Rhyme if a Shael drops. But for now the 2 potion slots doesn’t appear to be an issue.

For those interested, here’s his dump:
    Code:
    Name:       Death
    Class:      Barbarian
    Experience: 41621240
    Level:      48

Naked/Gear
    Strength:   115/120
    Dexterity:  83/90
    Vitality:   117/122
    Energy:     10/15
    HP:         537/537
    Mana:       57/57
    Stamina:    231/231
    Defense:    20/163
    AR:         400/117120

Fire:       66/26/-34
    Cold:       45/5/-55
    Lightning:  35/-5/-65
    Poison:     109/69/9

MF:         249       Block:      19
    GF:         0
    FR/W:       0
    FHR:        0
    IAS:        30
    FCR:        35

Bash: 1/1
    Leap: 1/1
    Double Swing: 0/0
    Stun: 1/1
    Double Throw: 0/0
    Leap Attack: 1/1
    Concentrate: 1/1
    Frenzy: 0/0
    Whirlwind: 0/0
    Berserk: 12/12

Sword Mastery: 0/0
    Axe Mastery: 0/0
    Mace Mastery: 0/0
    Pole Arm Mastery: 1/1
    Throwing Mastery: 0/0
    Spear Mastery: 0/0
    Increased Stamina: 1/1
    Iron Skin: 1/1
    Increased Speed: 1/1
    Natural Resistance: 1/1

Howl: 12/12
    Find Potion: 1/1
    Taunt: 0/0
    Shout: 1/1
    Find Item: 9/9
    Battle Cry: 0/0
    Battle Orders: 6/6
    Grim Ward: 0/0
    War Cry: 0/0
    Battle Command: 1/1

Lapis Small Charm
    Small Charm
    Required Level: 10
    Fingerprint: 0x3e9214dd
    Item Level: 10
    Version: Expansion 1.10+
    Cold Resist +7%

Lapis Small Charm of Dexterity
    Small Charm
    Fingerprint: 0x5b9f3337
    +1 to Dexterity
    Cold Resist +6%

Tome of Identify
    Fingerprint: 0x4d1460ae

Tangerine Ring of Chance
    Ring
    Required Level: 9
    Fingerprint: 0xc78fdf96
    Item Level: 19
    Lightning Resist +10%
    14% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Lapis Small Charm of Shock
    Small Charm
    Fingerprint: 0x375d6953
    Item Level: 1
    Adds 1 - 6 Lightning Damage
    Cold Resist +7%

Gemmed Breast Plate
    Breast Plate
    Defense: 68
    Durability: 49 of 50
    Required Level: 18
    Required Strength: 30
    Fingerprint: 0x18cd2f5f
    Item Level: 33
    72% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
    3 Sockets (3 used)
    Socketed: Perfect Topaz

Perfect Topaz
    Weapons: Adds 1 - 40 Lightning Damage
    Armor: 24% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
    Shields: Lightning Resist +40%

Perfect Topaz

Perfect Topaz

Death's Hand
    Leather Gloves
    Defense: 3
    Durability: 11 of 12
    Required Level: 6
    Fingerprint: 0x5f12d32c
    Item Level: 12
    Poison Resist +50%
    Poison Length Reduced by 75%
    Set (2 items): +30% Increased Attack Speed

(2 items): 8% Life stolen per hit

Death's Guard
    Sash
    Defense: 22
    Durability: 11 of 12
    Required Level: 6
    Fingerprint: 0x56c2804a
    +20 Defense
    Cannot Be Frozen
    Set (2 items): Cold Resist +15%
    Lightning Resist +15%
    Fire Resist +15%
    Poison Resist +15%

(2 items): 8% Life stolen per hit

Nagelring
    Ring
    Required Level: 7
    Fingerprint: 0xed7950c0
    Item Level: 31
    +53 to Attack Rating
    Magic Damage Reduced by 3
    Attacker Takes Damage of 3
    30% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Amulet of Luck
    Amulet
    Required Level: 19
    Fingerprint: 0x5882c87e
    Item Level: 32
    31% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Russet Small Charm of Shock
    Small Charm
    Fingerprint: 0xf2e7b3f1
    Item Level: 27
    Adds 1 - 5 Lightning Damage
    Fire Resist +6%

Russet Small Charm
    Small Charm
    Fingerprint: 0xf1171792
    Item Level: 24
    Fire Resist +7%

Ruby Grand Charm
    Grand Charm
    Required Level: 22
    Fingerprint: 0xbcb2b4ed
    Item Level: 38
    Fire Resist +28%

Artisan's Great Helm
    Great Helm
    Defense: 35
    Durability: 39 of 40
    Required Level: 25
    Required Strength: 63
    Fingerprint: 0xe3d7acac
    Item Level: 45
    48% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
    3 Sockets (2 used)

Perfect Topaz

Perfect Topaz

Jade Greaves of Luck
    Greaves
    Defense: 13
    Durability: 23 of 24
    Required Strength: 70
    Fingerprint: 0xf95966f6
    Item Level: 45
    Poison Resist +27%
    31% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Edge
    Light Crossbow
    TirTalAmn
    Two Hand Damage: 6 - 9
    Durability: 29 of 30
    Required Strength: 21
    Required Dexterity: 27
    Fingerprint: 0x89c0e64a
    Item Level: 38
    Level 15 Thorns Aura When Equipped
    +35% Increased Attack Speed
    +342% Damage to Demons
    +280% Damage to Undead
    Adds 75 Poison Damage Over 5 Secs (125 Frames)
    7% Life stolen per hit
    Prevent Monster Heal
    All Stats +5
    +2 to Mana after each Kill
    Reduces all Vendor Prices 15%
    3 Sockets (3 used)
    Socketed: Tir Rune
    Socketed: Tal Rune
    Socketed: Amn Rune

Tir Rune
    Required Level: 13
    Weapons: +2 to Mana after each Kill
    Armor: +2 to Mana after each Kill
    Shields: +2 to Mana after each Kill

Tal Rune
    Required Level: 17
    Weapons: Adds 75 Poison Damage Over 5 Secs (125 Frames)
    Armor: Poison Resist +30%
    Shields: Poison Resist +35%

Amn Rune
    Weapons: 7% Life stolen per hit
    Armor: Attacker Takes Damage of 14
    Shields: Attacker Takes Damage of 14

Insight
    Partizan
    RalTirTalSol
    Two Hand Damage: 117 - 238
    Durability: 54 of 65
    Required Level: 27
    Required Strength: 113
    Required Dexterity: 67
    Fingerprint: 0xf8bc03fa
    Item Level: 33
    Level 16 Meditation Aura When Equipped
    +35% Faster Cast Rate
    218% Enhanced Damage
    +9 to Minimum Damage
    239% Bonus to Attack Rating
    Adds 5 - 30 Fire Damage
    +2 to Critical Strike
    All Stats +5
    23% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
    4 Sockets (4 used)
    Socketed: Ral Rune
    Socketed: Sol Rune

Ral Rune
    Weapons: Adds 5 - 30 Fire Damage
    Armor: Fire Resist +30%
    Shields: Fire Resist +35%

Tir Rune

Tal Rune

Sol Rune
    Weapons: +9 to Minimum Damage
    Armor: Damage Reduced by 7
    Shields: Damage Reduced by 7

Mercenary:

Name:       Ragnar
    Race:       Barbarian
    Type:       1hs-Normal
    Experience: 13552518
    Level:      48
    Dead?:      false

Naked/Gear
    Strength:   138/158
    Dexterity:  **/**
    HP:         648/648
    Defense:    402/582
    AR:         605/605

Fire:       91/51/-9
    Cold:       104/64/4
    Lightning:  111/71/11
    Poison:    136/96/36

Raven Brow
    Circlet
    Defense: 29
    Durability: 29 of 35
    Fingerprint: 0xc11c5196
    Item Level: 36
    +1 to Trap Skills (Assassin Only)
    3% Mana stolen per hit
    4% Life stolen per hit
    Lightning Resist +20%
    Poison Resist +36%
    Attacker Takes Damage of 4

Bitter Shell
    Ghost Armor
    Defense: 151
    Durability: 19 of 20
    Required Level: 22
    Required Strength: 38
    Fingerprint: 0xcf2d0b89
    Item Level: 35
    +24% Faster Hit Recovery
    +28% Enhanced Defense
    Cold Resist +13%
    Poison Resist +9%
    Poison Length Reduced by 25%
    Attacker Takes Damage of 2

Strength
    Flamberge
    AmnTir
    One Hand Damage: 12 - 20
    Two Hand Damage: 17 - 35
    Durability: 50 of 50
    Required Strength: 70
    Required Dexterity: 49
    Fingerprint: 0xed773ded
    Item Level: 31
    35% Enhanced Damage
    7% Life stolen per hit
    25% Chance of Crushing Blow
    +20 to Strength
    +10 to Vitality
    2 Sockets (2 used)

Amn Rune

Tir Rune

Last edited: Sep 8, 2017
  9. PhineasB

I was able to get back to this project, moving Sense to A5 Hell. Pretty straightforward so far, keeping it on p3 until A4. The first dual immune boss (physical/lightning) was a zombie in Masoleum. Apparently, I messed up the screenshot, but here’s a similar encounter from later on in A3. The Rogue is plenty powerful to take those down.

Pits were no trouble, and Andy went down quick. It was more of the same for A2, including the Ancient Tunnels. Duriel wouldn't go after the decoy so Sense had to tank with the rogue safely behind, and he went down fine alternating between CS and Fend for some leech when life got low.

Meph was a pushover with charged strike; Temples were easy, although one stair trap that could have been nasty (cursed boss mixed in there). A4 also went fine, although the chance to cast Horror is starting to get annoying with higher life enemies. It also seemed like every finger mage Sense hit proc’ed Horror :confused: She full-cleared RoF and the Chaos Sanctuary. Izual went down super quick to CS, and Diablo wasn’t much harder, requiring only a red potion. HF was a Io :(

Her best find so far, aside from the Um from NM, was this SC:
    A4 H (11 Poison 7MF SC).jpg
    I think I’ll be able to finish her off tomorrow. The plan is to full clear the underground areas and WSK, but otherwise move through the above-ground areas quickly. I have to say that I am enjoying her, but I think the Horror proc on the Silence may wear on me to the point of being happy to Mat her. We’ll see.

Zyr and drmalawi like this.
  10. PhineasB

Matriarch Sense, Level 82 and Olena, the Level 82 Ice Rogue (pic)
    Sense plowed through A5, sticking to the plan to full-clear all the underground areas and WSK. She took it in a single session, but paused for an hour in the middle of the day before picking back up to finish.

It was quite fun and a nice little challenge. It reinforced how much of a powerhouse a Faith-wielding Rogue merc can be, assuming she decides to shoot at things instead of walking around :rolleyes:

Sense was pretty much untouchable unless there was amp or hard-hitters with Might or Fanaticism. So witches and Moon Lords were the biggest worry (more on that later). The surface areas posed no problems at all. With >2000 HP due to CtA, it’s fun to just wade into mobs, switching up between Fend and Lighting Strike.

But I was worried a bit about those weird underground areas that you access through the portal, Anya’s rescue, and Glacial Trail due to Moon Lords and/or witches. This highlighted why:
    A5 H (Nasty Boss Pack).jpg
    Thankfully, Sense noticed the Might aura on a little demon sprite. She hadn’t encountered any Moon Lords yet, so decided to investigate with a Decoy, which brought the pack over. Olena eventually did the job, after a bit of coaxing to start shooting across the canal. I don’t think Sense would have survived that encounter, even if she had a bridge to bottle them up. It took Oleana more than a minute to take them down here, and I’m not sure Decoy would have held up long enough to allow recasting before it poofed.

Unfortunately, we had a nearly identical encounter in Ancient Way, except this one was LI, Might and Extra Fast. Even worse, I had cleared that arm of the map already and decided to stop to recast BO (which had just run out) before moving on. Apparently, they had been tucked back out of the way or came all the way in from the junction. Either way, she was swarmed with CtA switch and put in immediate hit recovery. She managed to run out the back after switching back and chugging potions, but was eventually run down when she was out of potions. I tried to take a screenie of the boss, but was too fast!

Her only death of the playthrough since donning end-game gear. :( Fortunately, her attempted escape had strung out the pack a little bit, and the Boss ran back in the direction they had come (away from the body). So she was able to recover the corpse with generous use of the Decoy, taking out the minions first. For the boss, the decoy lasted just long enough allow Sense to recast, which allowed Olena to take him down.

From there, the rest went smoothly. We committed to taking on Ancients with the first roll without Amp. After two rerolls, it was on. Sense ran to the top and then back to the bottom, which narrowed it down to 2 vs. 2. Sense took on Korlic as the Decoy occupied Madawc, with Olena plinking away. We then hunted down Talic. As you can see, she used all four health potions, but didn’t need any juvies.

WSK posed no real challenges. There were Gloams in WSK2; and witches, Gloams and Megademons in the Throne Room; but only enough to keep us on our toes. Waves went down really easily – I forgot how nice Decoy is for absorbing decrepify. To be safe, we retreated to the back of the room for Lister, and eventually had to fall back a little, but had no issues:
    A5 H (Lister).jpg
    Baal went down in less than a minute, with a Clone thrown in there for good measure. The only find of note in A5 was the Ma’avina set armor. Here’s her Mat dump -- she had swapped out BKWB for Carrion Wind at the start of A5, thinking the higher life steal would help and that the ctc Twister and poison nova would be fun. It did and it was.
    Code:
    Name:       Sense
    Class:      Amazon
    Experience: 879834763
    Level:      82

Naked/Gear
    Strength:   83/130
    Dexterity:  103/124
    Vitality:   299/312
    Energy:     15/15
    HP:         1109/1364
    Mana:       136/176
    Stamina:    444/526
    Defense:    25/2076
    AR:         485/1286

Fire:       188/148/**
    Cold:       138/98/38
    Lightning:  184/144/84
    Poison:     233/193/133

MF:         30       Block:      16
    GF:         0
    FR/W:       23
    FHR:        97
    IAS:        85
    FCR:        25

Magic Arrow: 0/0
    Fire Arrow: 0/0
    Cold Arrow: 0/0
    Multiple Shot: 0/0
    Exploding Arrow: 0/0
    Ice Arrow: 0/0
    Guided Arrow: 0/0
    Strafe: 0/0
    Immolation Arrow: 0/0
    Freezing Arrow: 0/0

Inner Sight: 1/4
    Critical Strike: 14/17
    Dodge: 0/0
    Slow Missiles: 1/4
    Avoid: 0/0
    Penetrate: 8/11
    Decoy: 4/7
    Evade: 0/0
    Valkyrie: 0/0
    Pierce: 0/0

Jab: 1/8
    Power Strike: 1/8
    Poison Javelin: 1/8
    Impale: 1/8
    Lightning Bolt: 1/8
    Charged Strike: 20/27
    Plague Javelin: 0/0
    Fend: 20/27
    Lightning Strike: 20/27
    Lightning Fury: 0/0

Fine Small Charm of Balance
    Small Charm
    Required Level: 29
    Fingerprint: 0x6acbc64d
    Item Level: 84
    +5% Faster Hit Recovery
    +2 to Maximum Damage
    +10 to Attack Rating

Sharp Grand Charm of Venom
    Grand Charm
    Required Level: 21
    Fingerprint: 0xb77dce31
    +9 to Maximum Damage
    +51 to Attack Rating
    Adds 15 Poison Damage Over 4 Secs (100 Frames)

Horadric Cube
    Fingerprint: 0x810b30aa
    Item Level: 13

Sharp Grand Charm of Vita
    Grand Charm
    Required Level: 69
    Fingerprint: 0x6be4759f
    Item Level: 80
    +7 to Maximum Damage
    +74 to Attack Rating
    +39 to Life

Boreal Small Charm of Balance
    Small Charm
    Required Level: 58
    Fingerprint: 0xd8815993
    +5% Faster Hit Recovery
    Adds 6 - 11 Cold Damage Over 1 Secs (25 Frames)

Sharp Grand Charm of Sustenance
    Grand Charm
    Required Level: 37
    Fingerprint: 0x63676f83
    Item Level: 99
    +10 to Maximum Damage
    +73 to Attack Rating
    +28 to Life

Sharp Grand Charm of Burning
    Grand Charm
    Fingerprint: 0x233c75be
    +10 to Maximum Damage
    +59 to Attack Rating
    Adds 3 - 5 Fire Damage

Grand Charm
    Fingerprint: 0xa619d17
    Item Level: 81
    +10 to Maximum Damage
    +65 to Attack Rating
    +30 to Life

Fine Small Charm of Dexterity
    Small Charm
    Fingerprint: 0xa6aaa7e7
    Item Level: 85
    +3 to Maximum Damage
    +19 to Attack Rating
    +2 to Dexterity

Fine Small Charm of Strength
    Small Charm
    Fingerprint: 0xe16ab9f3
    +3 to Maximum Damage
    +18 to Attack Rating
    +2 to Strength

Harpoonist's Grand Charm of Balance
    Grand Charm
    Required Level: 42
    Fingerprint: 0x480102bb
    Item Level: 95
    +1 to Javelin and Spear Skills (Amazon Only)
    +12% Faster Hit Recovery

Fine Small Charm of Sustenance
    Small Charm
    Fingerprint: 0xb767f701
    +1 to Maximum Damage
    +13 to Attack Rating
    +11 to Life

Shimmering Small Charm of Sustenance
    Small Charm
    Fingerprint: 0x7c50801a
    Item Level: 52
    +15 to Life
    All Resistances +4

Fine Small Charm of Balance
    Small Charm
    Required Level: 29
    Fingerprint: 0x71dfd910
    Item Level: **
    +5% Faster Hit Recovery
    +3 to Maximum Damage
    +10 to Attack Rating

Fine Small Charm of Frost
    Small Charm
    Fingerprint: 0xec46a34f
    +3 to Maximum Damage
    +16 to Attack Rating
    Adds 1 - 2 Cold Damage Over 1 Secs (25 Frames)

Highlord's Wrath
    Amulet
    Required Level: 65
    Fingerprint: 0x6a9a1b9f
    Item Level: 75
    +1 to All Skills
    +20% Increased Attack Speed
    Adds 1 - 30 Lightning Damage
    30% Deadly Strike (Based on Character Level)
    Lightning Resist +35%
    Attacker Takes Lightning Damage of 15

Fortitude
    Dusk Shroud
    ElSolDolLo
    Defense: 1386
    Durability: 20 of 20
    Required Level: 59
    Required Strength: 77
    Fingerprint: 0x12dd85d6
    Item Level: 78
    20% Chance to cast level 15 Chilling Armor when struck
    +25% Faster Cast Rate
    300% Enhanced Damage
    +200% Enhanced Defense
    +15 Defense
    +102 to Life (Based on Character Level)
    Replenish Life +7
    +5% to Maximum Lightning Resist
    All Resistances +29
    Damage Reduced by 7
    12% Damage Taken Goes To Mana
    +1 to Light Radius
    4 Sockets (4 used)
    Socketed: El Rune
    Socketed: Dol Rune
    Socketed: Lo Rune

El Rune
    Required Level: 11
    Weapons: +50 to Attack Rating
    +1 to Light Radius
    Armor: +15 Defense
    +1 to Light Radius
    Shields: +15 Defense
    +1 to Light Radius

Sol Rune

Dol Rune
    Required Level: 31
    Weapons: Hit Causes Monster to Flee 25%
    Armor: Replenish Life +7
    Shields: Replenish Life +7

Lo Rune
    Weapons: 20% Deadly Strike
    Armor: +5% to Maximum Lightning Resist
    Shields: +5% to Maximum Lightning Resist

Raven Frost
    Ring
    Required Level: 45
    Fingerprint: 0x7d3294b2
    Item Level: 75
    +204 to Attack Rating
    Adds 15 - 45 Cold Damage Over 4 Secs (100 Frames)
    +19 to Dexterity
    +40 to Mana
    Cold Absorb 20%
    Cannot Be Frozen

Carrion Wind
    Ring
    Required Level: 60
    Fingerprint: 0xcdc04283
    Item Level: 87
    10% Chance to cast level 10 Poison Nova when struck
    8% Chance to cast level 13 Twister on striking
    8% Life stolen per hit
    +149 Defense vs. Missile
    Poison Resist +55%
    10% Damage Taken Goes To Mana
    Level 21 Poison Creeper (15/15 Charges)

Sandstorm Trek
    Scarabshell Boots
    Defense: 243
    Durability: 8 of 8
    Required Level: 64
    Required Strength: 81
    Fingerprint: 0xd4852e2d
    +20% Faster Run/Walk
    +20% Faster Hit Recovery
    +146% Enhanced Defense
    +15 to Strength
    +13 to Vitality
    +82 Maximum Stamina (Based on Character Level)
    50% Slower Stamina Drain
    Poison Resist +40%
    Repairs 1 Durability in 20 Seconds
    Ethereal

Deos's Laying of Hands
    Bramble Mitts
    Defense: 87
    Durability: 12 of 12
    Required Level: 63
    Required Strength: 50
    Fingerprint: 0x6600c698
    10% Chance to cast level 3 Holy Bolt on striking
    +350% Damage to Demons
    +25 Defense
    Fire Resist +50%

Guillaume's Face
    Winged Helm
    Defense: 217
    Durability: 40 of 40
    Required Strength: 115
    Fingerprint: 0x5c6ac6c0
    Item Level: 78
    +15% Increased Attack Speed
    +30% Faster Hit Recovery
    34% Enhanced Damage
    35% Chance of Crushing Blow
    15% Deadly Strike
    +120% Enhanced Defense
    +15 to Strength
    1 Sockets (1 used)
    Socketed: Ruby Jewel of Fervor

Ruby Jewel of Fervor
    Jewel
    Fingerprint: 0x84d8e9c6
    +15% Increased Attack Speed
    34% Enhanced Damage

Nosferatu's Coil
    Vampirefang Belt
    Defense: 60
    Durability: 14 of 14
    Required Level: 51
    Required Strength: 50
    Fingerprint: 0xea349e0d
    +10% Increased Attack Speed
    7% Life stolen per hit
    Slows Target by 10%
    +15 to Strength
    -3 to Light Radius

Fine Small Charm of Incineration
    Small Charm
    Fingerprint: 0xe87ad5ff
    +2 to Maximum Damage
    +14 to Attack Rating
    Adds 5 - 12 Fire Damage

Steel Grand Charm
    Grand Charm
    Required Level: 35
    Fingerprint: 0x63999ff7
    +115 to Attack Rating

Grand Charm
    Fingerprint: 0xb1df6ab8
    +9 to Maximum Damage
    +70 to Attack Rating
    +30 to Life

Amber Small Charm of Inertia
    Small Charm
    Required Level: 32
    Fingerprint: 0xb57e5676
    +3% Faster Run/Walk
    Lightning Resist +11%

Call to Arms
    Crystal Sword
    AmnRalMalIstOhm
    One Hand Damage: 19 - 58
    Required Level: 57
    Required Strength: 43
    Fingerprint: 0x57bad315
    +1 to All Skills
    +40% Increased Attack Speed
    287% Enhanced Damage
    Adds 5 - 30 Fire Damage
    7% Life stolen per hit
    Prevent Monster Heal
    +6 to Battle Command
    +5 to Battle Orders
    +1 to Battle Cry
    Replenish Life +12
    5 Sockets (5 used)
    Socketed: Mal Rune
    Socketed: Ist Rune
    Socketed: Ohm Rune

Amn Rune

Ral Rune

Mal Rune
    Required Level: 49
    Weapons: Prevent Monster Heal
    Armor: Magic Damage Reduced by 7
    Shields: Magic Damage Reduced by 7

Ist Rune
    Weapons: 30% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
    Armor: 25% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
    Shields: 25% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Ohm Rune
    Weapons: Enhanced Maximum Damage
    Armor: +5% to Maximum Cold Resist
    Shields: +5% to Maximum Cold Resist

Wall of the Eyeless
    Bone Shield
    Defense: 52
    Chance to Block: 0
    Durability: 40 of 40
    Required Level: 20
    Required Strength: 25
    Fingerprint: 0xf3c460bd
    Item Level: 82
    +20% Faster Cast Rate
    3% Mana stolen per hit
    +38% Enhanced Defense
    +10 Defense
    All Resistances +6
    Poison Resist +20%
    +5 to Mana after each Kill
    9% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
    1 Sockets (1 used)
    Socketed: Shimmering Jewel of Prosperity

Shimmering Jewel of Prosperity
    Jewel
    Fingerprint: 0x1642651c
    Item Level: 27
    Cold Resist +6%
    Lightning Resist +6%
    Fire Resist +6%
    Poison Resist +6%
    9% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Sense's Silence
    Matriarchal Spear
    DolEldHelIstTirVex
    Two Hand Damage: 195 - 285
    Durability: 28 of 28
    Required Level: 55
    Required Strength: 92
    Required Dexterity: 114
    Fingerprint: 0x38521bea
    +2 to All Skills
    +3 to Javelin and Spear Skills (Amazon Only)
    +20% Faster Hit Recovery
    200% Enhanced Damage
    +75% Damage to Undead
    +50 to Attack Rating against Undead
    11% Mana stolen per hit
    Hit Blinds Target +33
    Hit Causes Monster to Flee 25%
    All Resistances +75
    Requirements -20%
    6 Sockets (6 used)
    Socketed: Eld Rune
    Socketed: Hel Rune
    Socketed: Vex Rune

Dol Rune

Eld Rune
    Weapons: +75% Damage to Undead
    Armor: 15% Slower Stamina Drain
    Shields: 7% Increased Chance of Blocking

Hel Rune
    Weapons: Requirements -20%
    Armor: Requirements -15%
    Shields: Requirements -15%

Ist Rune

Tir Rune

Vex Rune
    Required Level: 55
    Weapons: 7% Mana stolen per hit
    Armor: +5% to Maximum Fire Resist
    Shields: +5% to Maximum Fire Resist

Mercenary:

Name:       Olena
    Race:       Rogue Scout
    Type:       Ice - Normal
    Experience: 58608692
    Level:      82

Naked/Gear
    Strength:   134/134
    Dexterity:  203/203
    HP:         1350/1522
    Defense:    1124/3173
    AR:         2197/661297

Fire:       198/158/98
    Cold:       198/158/98
    Lightning:  198/158/98
    Poison:    198/158/98

Fortitude
    Wire Fleece
    ElSolDolLo
    Defense: 1923
    Durability: 17 of 17
    Required Strength: 101
    Fingerprint: 0xd0b2d60d
    20% Chance to cast level 15 Chilling Armor when struck
    +25% Faster Cast Rate
    300% Enhanced Damage
    +200% Enhanced Defense
    +15 Defense
    +112 to Life (Based on Character Level)
    Replenish Life +7
    All Resistances +29
    Damage Reduced by 7
    12% Damage Taken Goes To Mana
    +1 to Light Radius
    Ethereal
    4 Sockets (4 used)
    Socketed: El Rune

El Rune
    Weapons: +50 to Attack Rating
    +1 to Light Radius
    Armor: +15 Defense
    +1 to Light Radius
    Shields: +15 Defense
    +1 to Light Radius

Sol Rune

Dol Rune

Lo Rune

Tal Rasha's Horadric Crest
    Death Mask
    Defense: 126
    Durability: 16 of 20
    Required Level: 66
    Required Strength: 55
    Fingerprint: 0xb8a5cc56
    10% Mana stolen per hit
    10% Life stolen per hit
    +45 Defense
    +60 to Life
    +30 to Mana
    All Resistances +15

Faith
    Ward Bow
    OhmJahLemEld
    Two Hand Damage: 86 - 227
    Durability: 29 of 48
    Required Strength: 72
    Required Dexterity: 146
    Fingerprint: 0x7b1bea67
    Level 14 Fanaticism Aura When Equipped
    +1 to All Skills
    330% Enhanced Damage
    Ignore Target's Defense
    300% Bonus to Attack Rating
    +75% Damage to Undead
    Adds 120 - 120 Fire Damage
    All Resistances +15
    10% Reanimate as: Returned
    75% Extra Gold from Monsters
    4 Sockets (4 used)
    Socketed: Jah Rune
    Socketed: Lem Rune
    Socketed: Eld Rune

Ohm Rune

Jah Rune
    Weapons: Ignore Target's Defense
    Armor: Increase Maximum Life 5%
    Shields: +50 to Life

Lem Rune
    Required Level: 43
    Weapons: 75% Extra Gold from Monsters
    Armor: 50% Extra Gold from Monsters
    Shields: 50% Extra Gold from Monsters

Eld Rune
    Weapons: +75% Damage to Undead
    Armor: 15% Slower Stamina Drain
    Shields: 7% Increased Chance of Blocking
    All in all, this was a very fun playthrough. Silence is pretty solid as a melee weapon, although the Horror proc is definitely annoying when you start encountering higher life or physical immune monsters. It’s also a bit underpowered for physical damage in later acts. I was very impressed with the Rogue – I had forgotten how diesel they can be when toting Faith and Fortitude.

I’m going to play around with some gear for other 2H-fendazon options with an A2 merc, probably leveling her up to level 85 or so in Pits here and there. Then she will respec to a Furyzon and become a dedicated Cow runner, and also dabble in CS. :)

Thanks for reading! Two more sets of twins in the trio! Kaleid may get some time this week to progress levels toward being able to start testing out end-game gear.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2017
    Zyr and Grape like this.
  11. Grape

Grape Diabloii.Net Member

Congrats! I also had fun with my Fendazon! Mixing it with CS is a nice touch, and Silence seems to be quite fitting weapon for that!

I kind of want to do more two-handed spearzons... Impalezon, Zealzon, Zerkazon? At least there's options :p

PhineasB likes this.
  12. PhineasB

After finishing the 99er sorc, Kaleid got some time, questing through A1 and A2 in two sessions without anything of interest. He was still wearing basic twink gear (e.g., Death Gloves and Sash, ribby, Cow Set) through A1 and early A2 until he hit level 45. He switched over to mid-game gear such as Lava Gout, Ravenfrost x2, Guillame’s, and Butcher’s Pupil as the weapon. Duriel went down in a heap.

As soon as we got to A3, I picked up Vanji the cold merc from Normal. The lightning one was basically useless by the middle of A2, and I actually left him dead from Viper Temple on. The cold merc was more useful, with some crowd control from ice casting, but he still couldn’t kill anything on p8 :rolleyes: Kaleid got a Death phase blade at the start of A3, and it was an improvement and did reasonably well. The crushing blow and glacial blast were nice additions to the package.

Then A3 was one of the worst map rolls I’ve had, as well as going through the Marsh when the entrance to Flayer’s Jungle was the opposite side of Arachnid Forest. In all, a perfect illustration of why I dislike early A3 and struggle to bring new characters along. But he made it through, beat the council, and then took down Meph.

At this point, he was level 61 and equipped the Dragon armor, while putting other gear in the stash to don at levels 65 and 67 and start rocking some serious auras. Merc was to get Nightwing’s when he hit level 67.

A4 was lots of fun, with the hydras from Dragon providing some pyrotechnics. Izual went down, a Pul from NM hellforge was nice, and Diablo dropped after a full clear of Chaos Sanctuary after Kaleid hit 65. After besting Shenk, Kaleid ran Eldritch until 67 to allow final gear.

Wow! I know it’s just NM, but Kaleid tore through the rest of A5 on p8. He had to use a couple mana potions to mana burn, but didn’t need even a red or purple. Current gear:
    Code:
    Dragon armor
    Hand of Justice phase blade
    Dream sacred targe
    Dream demonhead
    Highlord’s
    Lavagout
    Thundergod’s belt
    Wartravellers
    Ravenfrost x2
    Lots of elemental damage and resist charms,
    plus three offensive skillers to hit lvl 25 Conviction
    The merc actually does some solid damage and has survivability also :eek:, with Nightwings (perfect cold roll, socketed with 5/5 facet), spirit crystal sword, upped [email protected] Skin of Vipermagi socketed with 5/3 facet, and Lidless socketed with a pDiamond.

I am looking forward to Hell and will start at p8 for A1 after a respec to reallocate some skill points to Holy Fire synergy and rebalance stats for the end-game gear. Curious to see how strong he is in Hell at higher settings.

13. PhineasB

With a break from XP runs over the last two weeks, Kaleid got time for questing through Hell, generally in short sessions. The playstyle with him doesn’t involve many hot keys (except to recast BO and HS), so it was a nice rest for my hands/wrists also :).

Kaleid is currently in Travincal at level 83, having taken everything at p8 except the jungle areas of A3 and the fifth level of the tower with Countess. It was actually fun to run around in circles in Flayer Jungle and watch them drop from the pulse damage – it took three cycles for the most part. He’s completing all quests but not doing full clears, except (per the playthrough conditions) all A85 areas and all the temples in A3.

He remains pretty powerful, not really being in danger himself so far. I’ve only used one purple on him actually (quite a few more on the merc though). He’s also quite fun with the hydra procs. This is one of my favorite actions shots:
    H A2 Claw Viper 2.jpg
    A couple more actions shots of Griswold, boss in the Pits level 2, and one of the only boss packs to give him trouble (largely due to time it took to take him down) with dual immunity (broken) and high physical resist. On the last one, I’m pretty sure that Vanji’s cold damage was helpful.

The only find of note was set Balrog Skin, although he’s also found some decent dual-mod small charms (e.g., 11% lightning resist and +1 dext, 11% poison and +2 strength). He’s cubing flawless gems and rerolling a Baal charm also, but no luck so far.

Next stop is to finish off Meph. I think he will get limited time that I’ll have through the next week.

ffs and NanoMist like this.
  14. ffs

ffs Diabloii.Net Member

That sounds like a lot of fun! While I'm happy with my Grief Dreamer as that is a total melee powerhouse, after reading about both your Auradin and the one @T72on1's currently plans, I really should try something like that some time. Making stuff like HoJ or Doom is quite some commitment though even having hoarded quite a few HRs. :)

15. PhineasB

Kaleid has progressed to A5. The Council was quite fun, and then Durance was straightforward with no real danger along the way to taking Meph down. A4 was more of a challenge, in particular the first area with spawners and a couple triple boss packs mixed in. He full-cleared RoF and CS as A85 areas, which were actually pretty easy, and Diablo went down in a heap. HF was an Io :\

No finds at all to speak of, and the play-through for this stretch is not really worth any screen shots. It was p8 all the way, so I am pretty sure that I will finish things out that way. He will full-clear all caves and the weird portal areas in A5, along with WSK as an A85 area. One side note: I realized that the Dream pally shield is actually from Ursa, the Beardin from my 7x7. No idea how I mixed my notes up on that one :rolleyes:

Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
    ffs likes this.
  16. PhineasB

Patriarch Kaleid, Level 87 and Vanji, the Level 87 Cold Iron Wolf (pic)
    Kaleid moved through A5 in two sessions, one yesterday and one today. It was p8 all the way, with full clears for all the cave/portal areas and WSK.

He made it through Hell without a death. The merc, on the other hand, was fragile at p8 in A5, pretty much dying whenever amped. I resurrected him whenever Kaleid hit a WP, but otherwise left him napping if he went down. I’d say a little less than half of the Act was completed without him.

Kaleid himself slowed down a bit when we hit the Cystalline Passage. The lack of damage reduction and physical damage/life leech posed the occasional challenge, particularly with lots of amped bosses in Crystalline Passage and witches casting amp on the Anya rescue and one of the caves (Drifter Cavern, I think). There was one very exciting moment in Crystalline Passage with a triple boss pack and a double pack with champs mixed in, for a combo on six packs in the same area. It was epic carnage.

It took four rerolls before Ancients spawned without Amp. But they then went down within 3 minutes, not worrying too much to split them up, using up the health potions and all but one purple in the process (Talic, Korlic, Madawc).

WSK was pretty easy on the rolls, with witches in WSK1 the only spawn that required careful tactics due to the amp. Gloams rolled on one level and in throne room (and earlier in the act), but were no trouble due to 95% lightning resist and absorb from TGods :D A fun little action shot from WSK1:
    H WSK Action Shot.jpg
    Baal went down without much of a fight, not even getting off a clone. There were no finds of note in A5.

As with Sense, this was definitely a fun playthrough. I am glad I tried it out, and was pleased to use the A3 merc despite his shortcomings. The chance to cast confuse on Dream (especially when dual) was a very important aspect of this build, and one I hadn’t fully appreciated until playing a melee character with limited life leech.

That said, I am pretty sure a dual Dream/Grief-based build would be stronger and more versatile. The lower damage and lack of life leech were a tradeoff for sure, and I doubt worth it for the dual elemental damage instead of single elemental/physical approach. Having a might A2 merc would make a difference, as would different gear choices (i.e., if I wasn’t focused on a theme of maxing elemental damage and chance to cast). In particular, crafted blood gloves and Arachnids would have probably been better overall choices.

I am going to keep current setup for a couple p1 WSK clears, just to appreciate the pow-ah of the build and to let Vanji kill some things. But I will then swap in an A2 merc to try out p8 with current gear, then the less-elemental gear option, before respec-ing and going for the Grief based build (maybe with Enigma for mobility) and dropping resist fire in favor of maxed zeal. I am pretty sure that will be the optimal build, in part because the +skill gain will open up some GC slots. He may end up leveling a bit on Baal runs here and there.

Finds were super lame – Pul from NM HF was the best find for the play through, which is a little disappointing given the p8 playthrough for Hell and full clears of A85 areas. I guess MF <100 matters. :eek: Here is the pat dump:
    Code:
    Name:       Kaleid
    Class:      Paladin
    Experience: 1345743212
    Level:      87

Naked/Gear
    Strength:   95/151
    Dexterity:  123/166
    Vitality:   297/341
    Energy:     15/19
    HP:         1103/1320
    Mana:       144/332
    Stamina:    447/467
    Defense:    30/2270
    AR:         600/1279

Fire:       190/150/90
    Cold:       166/126/66
    Lightning:  201/161/101
    Poison:     166/126/66

MF:         87       Block:      52
    GF:         118
    FR/W:       30
    FHR:        66
    IAS:        73
    FCR:        0

Sacrifice: 1/2
    Smite: 1/2
    Holy Bolt: 1/2
    Zeal: 3/4
    Charge: 1/2
    Vengeance: 0/0
    Blessed Hammer: 1/2
    Conversion: 0/0
    Holy Shield: 11/12
    Fist of the Heavens: 0/0

Might: 1/5
    Holy Fire: 1/5
    Thorns: 1/5
    Blessed Aim: 0/0
    Concentration: 0/0
    Holy Freeze: 1/5
    Holy Shock: 0/0
    Sanctuary: 1/5
    Fanaticism: 0/0
    Conviction: 20/24

Prayer: 1/2
    Resist Fire: 20/21
    Defiance: 1/2
    Resist Cold: 0/0
    Cleansing: 1/2
    Resist Lightning: 20/21
    Vigor: 1/2
    Meditation: 0/0
    Redemption: 1/2
    Salvation: 9/10

Raven Frost
    Ring
    Fingerprint: 0xf7531469
    +233 to Attack Rating
    +15 to Dexterity
    +40 to Mana
    Cold Absorb 20%
    Cannot Be Frozen

Lava Gout
    Battle Gauntlets
    Defense: 141
    Durability: 38 of 38
    Required Strength: **
    Fingerprint: 0x50120ce5
    Item Level: 59
    2% Chance to cast level 10 Enchant on striking
    Adds 13 - 46 Fire Damage
    +194% Enhanced Defense
    Fire Resist +24%
    Half Freeze Duration
    +20 Maximum Durability

Raven Frost
    Ring
    Fingerprint: 0xd7b5679a
    +229 to Attack Rating
    +16 to Dexterity
    +40 to Mana
    Cold Absorb 20%
    Cannot Be Frozen

Gheed's Fortune
    Grand Charm
    Required Level: 62
    Fingerprint: 0xdd7cbc2a
    118% Extra Gold from Monsters
    Reduces all Vendor Prices 12%
    40% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Dragon
    Superior Scarab Husk
    SurLoSol
    Defense: 906
    Durability: 11 of 28
    Required Level: 61
    Required Strength: 95
    Fingerprint: 0xcd09892a
    20% Chance to cast level 18 Venom when struck
    12% Chance to cast level 15 Hydra on striking
    Level 14 Holy Fire Aura When Equipped
    +15% Enhanced Defense
    +360 Defense
    All Stats +4
    +230 Defense vs. Missile
    +32 to Strength (Based on Character Level)
    Increase Maximum Mana 5%
    Damage Reduced by 7
    3 Sockets (3 used)
    Socketed: Sur Rune

Sur Rune
    Weapons: Hit Blinds Target +1
    Armor: Increase Maximum Mana 5%
    Shields: +50 to Mana

Lo Rune

Sol Rune

Highlord's Wrath
    Amulet
    Fingerprint: 0x72c9978
    Item Level: 94
    +1 to All Skills
    Adds 1 - 30 Lightning Damage
    32% Deadly Strike (Based on Character Level)
    Lightning Resist +35%
    Attacker Takes Lightning Damage of 15

Dream
    Demonhead
    IoJahPul
    Defense: 399
    Durability: 10 of 20
    Required Strength: 102
    Fingerprint: 0x5142556b
    10% Chance to cast level 15 Confuse when struck
    Level 15 Holy Shock Aura When Equipped
    +28% Faster Hit Recovery
    +30% Enhanced Defense
    +207 Defense
    +10 to Vitality
    Increase Maximum Life 5%
    +54 to Mana (Based on Character Level)
    All Resistances +14
    20% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
    3 Sockets (3 used)
    Socketed: Io Rune
    Socketed: Pul Rune

Io Rune
    Weapons: +10 to Vitality
    Armor: +10 to Vitality
    Shields: +10 to Vitality

Jah Rune

Pul Rune
    Weapons: +75% Damage to Demons
    +100 to Attack Rating against Demons
    Armor: +30% Enhanced Defense
    Shields: +30% Enhanced Defense

Thundergod's Vigor
    War Belt
    Defense: 155
    Durability: 21 of 24
    Required Level: 47
    Required Strength: 110
    Fingerprint: 0x4d121638
    Item Level: 69
    5% Chance to cast level 7 Fist of the Heavens when struck
    Adds 1 - 50 Lightning Damage
    +3 to Lightning Fury (Amazon Only)
    +3 to Lightning Strike (Amazon Only)
    +194% Enhanced Defense
    +20 to Strength
    +20 to Vitality
    +10% to Maximum Lightning Resist
    +20 Lightning Absorb

Captain's Grand Charm of Maiming
    Grand Charm
    Required Level: 63
    Fingerprint: 0x2e894150
    Item Level: 81
    +1 to Offensive Aura Skills (Paladin Only)
    +4 to Maximum Damage

Shimmering Grand Charm of Dexterity
    Grand Charm
    Fingerprint: 0x93251134
    +3 to Dexterity
    All Resistances +15

Smoking Small Charm of Vita
    Small Charm
    Required Level: 56
    Fingerprint: 0xf487a4a4
    Adds 4 - 14 Fire Damage
    +18 to Life

Boreal Small Charm of Storms
    Small Charm
    Fingerprint: 0x9120fddb
    Adds 1 - 22 Lightning Damage
    Adds 7 - 10 Cold Damage Over 1 Secs (25 Frames)

Shimmering Small Charm of Vita
    Small Charm
    Required Level: 39
    Fingerprint: 0x200fba6a
    +16 to Life
    All Resistances +4

Shimmering Grand Charm of Storms
    Grand Charm
    Fingerprint: 0x9f718844
    Adds 1 - 31 Lightning Damage
    All Resistances +15

Captain's Grand Charm of Balance
    Grand Charm
    Fingerprint: 0x1d70597f
    +12% Faster Hit Recovery

Shimmering Grand Charm of Life
    Grand Charm
    Fingerprint: 0x94f573ec
    +14 to Life
    All Resistances +14

Small Charm
    Fingerprint: 0x4048ea2e
    Adds 8 - 19 Fire Damage
    +16 to Life

Boreal Small Charm of Vita
    Small Charm
    Fingerprint: 0x3b517827
    Adds 7 - 12 Cold Damage Over 1 Secs (25 Frames)
    +20 to Life

Arcing Small Charm of Vita
    Small Charm
    Fingerprint: 0xa8af42e8
    Adds 1 - 27 Lightning Damage
    +16 to Life

Gore Rider
    War Boots
    Defense: 152
    Durability: 33 of 34
    Required Level: 47
    Required Strength: 94
    Fingerprint: 0xf92a4384
    +30% Faster Run/Walk
    15% Chance of Crushing Blow
    15% Deadly Strike
    10% Chance of Open Wounds
    +183% Enhanced Defense
    +20 Maximum Stamina
    Requirements -25%
    +10 Maximum Durability

Arcing Small Charm of Fortune
    Small Charm
    Fingerprint: 0xa7142801
    Adds 1 - 41 Lightning Damage
    5% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Shimmering Grand Charm of Dexterity
    Grand Charm
    Fingerprint: 0x7c399e82
    Item Level: 52
    +5 to Dexterity
    All Resistances +15

Captain's Grand Charm of Sustenance
    Grand Charm
    Fingerprint: 0x9833e69e
    +30 to Life

Small Charm
    Fingerprint: 0x731d9431
    Adds 8 - 12 Fire Damage
    +20 to Life

Arcing Small Charm of Vita
    Small Charm
    Fingerprint: 0xc8398b44
    Adds 1 - 31 Lightning Damage
    +17 to Life

Call to Arms
    Double Axe
    AmnRalMalIstOhm
    One Hand Damage: 18 - 48
    Durability: 24 of 24
    Fingerprint: 0xd0e4ad4c
    +1 to All Skills
    +40% Increased Attack Speed
    270% Enhanced Damage
    Adds 5 - 30 Fire Damage
    7% Life stolen per hit
    Prevent Monster Heal
    +5 to Battle Command
    +6 to Battle Orders
    +4 to Battle Cry
    Replenish Life +12
    5 Sockets (5 used)
    Socketed: Mal Rune

Amn Rune

Ral Rune

Mal Rune
    Weapons: Prevent Monster Heal
    Armor: Magic Damage Reduced by 7
    Shields: Magic Damage Reduced by 7

Ist Rune

Ohm Rune

Spirit
    Akaran Rondache
    TalThulOrtAmn
    Defense: 125
    Durability: 30 of 30
    Required Level: 30
    Required Strength: 59
    Fingerprint: 0xa620e454
    +2 to All Skills
    +34% Faster Cast Rate
    +55% Faster Hit Recovery
    +250 Defense vs. Missile
    +22 to Vitality
    +91 to Mana
    Cold Resist +35%
    All Resistances +43
    Lightning Resist +35%
    Poison Resist +35%
    +5 Magic Absorb
    Attacker Takes Damage of 14
    4 Sockets (4 used)
    Socketed: Thul Rune
    Socketed: Ort Rune

Tal Rune

Thul Rune
    Required Level: 23
    Weapons: Adds 3 - 14 Cold Damage Over 3 Secs (75 Frames)
    Armor: Cold Resist +30%
    Shields: Cold Resist +35%

Ort Rune
    Weapons: Adds 1 - 50 Lightning Damage
    Armor: Lightning Resist +30%
    Shields: Lightning Resist +35%

Amn Rune

Hand of Justice
    Superior Phase Blade
    SurChamAmnLo
    One Hand Damage: 122 - 138
    Indestructible
    Required Level: 67
    Required Dexterity: 136
    Fingerprint: 0x94364f67
    100% Chance to cast level 36 Blaze when you Level-Up
    100% Chance to cast level 48 Meteor when you Die
    Level 16 Holy Fire Aura When Equipped
    +33% Increased Attack Speed
    296% Enhanced Damage
    Ignore Target's Defense
    +2 to Attack Rating
    -20% to Enemy Fire Resistance
    7% Life stolen per hit
    20% Deadly Strike
    Hit Blinds Target +1
    Freezes target +3
    4 Sockets (4 used)
    Socketed: Sur Rune
    Socketed: Cham Rune

Sur Rune
    Weapons: Hit Blinds Target +1
    Armor: Increase Maximum Mana 5%
    Shields: +50 to Mana

Cham Rune
    Weapons: Freezes target +3
    Armor: Cannot Be Frozen
    Shields: Cannot Be Frozen

Amn Rune

Lo Rune

Dream
    Sacred Targe
    IoJahPul
    Defense: 351
    Durability: 37 of 45
    Required Strength: 86
    Fingerprint: 0x13dc5948
    Item Level: 79
    10% Chance to cast level 15 Confuse when struck
    Level 15 Holy Shock Aura When Equipped
    +26% Faster Hit Recovery
    +30% Enhanced Defense
    +154 Defense
    +10 to Vitality
    +50 to Life
    +54 to Mana (Based on Character Level)
    All Resistances +59
    22% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
    3 Sockets (3 used)
    Socketed: Io Rune
    Socketed: Pul Rune

Io Rune
    Weapons: +10 to Vitality
    Armor: +10 to Vitality
    Shields: +10 to Vitality

Jah Rune

Pul Rune
    Weapons: +75% Damage to Demons
    +100 to Attack Rating against Demons
    Armor: +30% Enhanced Defense
    Shields: +30% Enhanced Defense

Mercenary:
    Name:       Vanji
    Race:       Eastern Sorceror
    Type:       Cold-Normal
    Experience: 79933612
    Level:      87

Naked/Gear
    Strength:   140/140
    Dexterity:  112/125
    HP:         1222/1222
    Defense:    868/2530
    AR:         1704/1704

Fire:       200/160/100
    Cold:       200/160/100
    Lightning:  200/160/100
    Poison:    200/160/100

Nightwing's Veil
    Spired Helm
    Defense: 344
    Durability: 38 of 40
    Required Strength: 96
    Fingerprint: 0x40037352
    100% Chance to cast level 43 Frost Nova when you Level-Up
    +2 to All Skills
    Adds 24 - 38 Cold Damage Over 0 Secs (3 Frames)
    -5% to Enemy Cold Resistance
    +20% to Cold Skill Damage
    +115% Enhanced Defense
    +13 to Dexterity
    +7 Cold Absorb
    Half Freeze Duration
    Requirements -50%
    1 Sockets (1 used)
    Socketed: Rainbow Facet

Rainbow Facet
    Jewel
    Fingerprint: 0xa9f9b4b5
    100% Chance to cast level 43 Frost Nova when you Level-Up
    -5% to Enemy Cold Resistance
    +5% to Cold Skill Damage

Skin of the Vipermagi
    Wyrmhide
    Defense: 974
    Durability: 16 of 24
    Required Strength: 84
    Fingerprint: 0x65f4e672
    100% Chance to cast level 37 Blizzard when you Die
    +1 to All Skills
    +30% Faster Cast Rate
    -3% to Enemy Cold Resistance
    +5% to Cold Skill Damage
    +120% Enhanced Defense
    All Resistances +35
    Magic Damage Reduced by 12
    Required Level +7
    1 Sockets (1 used)
    Socketed: Rainbow Facet

Rainbow Facet
    Jewel
    Fingerprint: 0xd81cca77
    100% Chance to cast level 37 Blizzard when you Die
    -3% to Enemy Cold Resistance
    +5% to Cold Skill Damage

Spirit
    Crystal Sword
    TalThulOrtAmn
    One Hand Damage: 5 - 15
    Fingerprint: 0xaaaeb698
    Item Level: 36
    +2 to All Skills
    +33% Faster Cast Rate
    +55% Faster Hit Recovery
    Adds 1 - 50 Lightning Damage
    Adds 3 - 14 Cold Damage Over 3 Secs (75 Frames)
    7% Life stolen per hit
    +250 Defense vs. Missile
    +22 to Vitality
    +100 to Mana
    +5 Magic Absorb
    4 Sockets (4 used)
    Socketed: Thul Rune
    Socketed: Ort Rune

Tal Rune

Thul Rune
    Required Level: 23
    Weapons: Adds 3 - 14 Cold Damage Over 3 Secs (75 Frames)
    Armor: Cold Resist +30%
    Shields: Cold Resist +35%

Ort Rune
    Weapons: Adds 1 - 50 Lightning Damage
    Armor: Lightning Resist +30%
    Shields: Lightning Resist +35%

Amn Rune

Lidless Wall
    Grim Shield
    Defense: 344
    Durability: 70 of 70
    Required Level: 41
    Required Strength: 58
    Fingerprint: 0xde82e877
    Item Level: 55
    +1 to All Skills
    +20% Faster Cast Rate
    +128% Enhanced Defense
    +10 to Energy
    Increase Maximum Mana 10%
    All Resistances +19
    +5 to Mana after each Kill
    +1 to Light Radius
    1 Sockets (1 used)
    Socketed: Perfect Diamond

Perfect Diamond
    Weapons: +68% Damage to Undead
    Armor: +100 to Attack Rating
    Shields: Cold Resist +19%
    Lightning Resist +19%
    Fire Resist +19%
    Poison Resist +19%

Thanks for reading. One more set of twins left, with the untwinked Barb still in A1 NM (but now to Outer Cloister after a couple short sessions over the past couple months). That is a long-term project, but will be a little bit of break from CS runs with my untwinked 99er pally and LK runs with the untwinked necro.

ffs and Pb_pal like this.
  17. PhineasB

It’s been a while (almost 10 months) since I last played the last set of twins, Death the Barb and Ragnar his Barb merc twin. But after my untwinked hammerdin hit 99 and the untwinked nerco hit 97, it was nice to go back to questing a character. Also, the numerous recent Barb entries in the untwinked 99er reboot was inspiration. :)

When we last heard from Death, he was level 54 and stopped at NM Outer Cloister. He’s now level 60 at Kurast docks A3 NM. As a reminder, he’s untwinked and playing as a 2-handed berserker with War Cry for stunning enemies. I’m also playing him with some extra limitations: no extended stash, and a modified single pass approach where, in each difficulty, he can select 5 areas/targets to rerun 5 times each.

After full-clearing Normal on p8 (except p3 for some Act bosses and p1 not-full-clear for the jungle areas at the start of A3), we went with p7 full-clears for A1 and A2 NM (except p3 for act bosses and p1 for Maggot Liar to speed it up). He made great progress with some nice finds allowing MF near 300, horking almost every corpse. But the tombs in A2 were the worst I’ve ever encountered with Unravellers rolling in all 7, and 6 of 7 having lots of them, including boss packs/champ packs mixed in with lots of regular packs throughout. More on that later!

As mentioned, he cleared to Outer Cloisters in February without any meaningful drops. Screenies of fight with Blood Raven and Griswold, the latter of which was a little dicey and required a few trips to town. Shortly after returning to him last weekend, he was able to cube a second Sol and reroll his Insight for an upgrade (first roll was close to lowest possible enhanced damage and bad critical strike).

His first item upgrade came in Catacombs:
    A1 NM (IK Helm).jpg
    With 2 pTopazes it increased MF in head slot by 4 and added a few extra modifiers. And it was cool to get a class specific drop. He took down Andy without trouble, and then used her as one of his 5 targets to rerun 5 times for NM. Aside from Sigon’s gauntlets (which stayed in Stash in case other set pieces drop, which they did), no meaningful drops.

A second IK helm in Sewers had better MF, but he didn’t have 2 pTopazes. So it got stashed until he could cube them up, which took a while. Around this time, Stash management started becoming a challenge, and I eventually decided Edge wasn’t worth it given the playthrough and limitations. Along with selling some lower runes, that freed up space. Despite p1, Maggot Lair provided a really nice drop:
    A2  NM (Rockstopper).jpg
    Given the build, this could end up end-game for Death (Nightfish actually identified it as one of the best options in his untwinked HC berserker guide). But for now, it went to Merc and made him a sturdier tank. Uneventful progress through Viper Temple, with Fangskin pretty straightforward after spawning to the Southeast of the altar. Another Sol finally dropped, which allowed him to upgrade a Soulflay for the merc (who had still been using a Flamberge Strength).

He then cleared Ancient Tunnels, which dropped a Fal. This was great to open up Lionheart, assuming he could get a flawed topaz to cube the three Ios stashed and find a suitable base. Rerolling GCs as we went paid off with a nice 27/17 lightning resist/life roll to give him a GC with >25% resist for fire, cold, and lightning.

Inventory management tightened up again as he moved into the Palace, but he eventually got a second pTopaz and swapped in the second IK helm for 83 MF from that slot. The portal to the Canyon of Magi was the third arm Death explored in Arcane Sanctuary. Because the staff took up 4 spaces in the Stash, we went straight for the true tomb. Unravellers, including multiple bosses, made it slow going, but Duriel on p3 was a pushover. Nothing of use from his drop though.

We then cleared the last arm of Arcane Sanctuary and the Canyon itself, before moving to the false tombs. The first false tomb had Unravellers, but only solitary packs and no bosses. The next two next two had Unravellers, lots of them, including boss/champ packs, so it was slow going, requiring lots of retreating to draw out the skeletons.

It got tedious and I almost moved on to A3 when I popped into the last three tombs and saw that all three had rolled Unravellers. But stubbornness won out :rolleyes: Here’s a sampling of what he saw:
    A2 NM (Nasty boss in tombs).jpg
    A2 NM (Nasty boss 2).jpg
    A2 NM (Nasty boss 3).jpg A2 NM (Unravellers).jpg
    The second and third rolled together on opposite sides of a door connecting two rooms, mixed in with at least 6 regular unravellers and one champ pack. Kaa had 4 regular Unravellers in that room with him, and the final pic is representative of several large rooms across the false tombs.

But he made it! And he picked up a 3os Russet Armor in the final false tomb (which was Kaa’s), along with a flawed topaz to allow this:
    A2 NM (Lionheart RW).jpg
    The merc has it for now, but it will likely stay in the mix well into Hell. As you can see in the pic above, his inventory is manageable. He has Sigon’s gloves and boots stashed, but otherwise a mix of runes and flawless gems for cubing GCs.

The pic also shows his major reward for persistence in clearing the tombs, the Bonesnap, which was horked in a false tomb (I thought I had a screenie, but clearly messed that one up). He needs another flawless Emerald and a Sol to upgrade it. But when he gets those, he will use his second respec to rebalance stat and skill points.

Lowering strength and dext will allow more investment in Vita and therefore much more life and safety. He will also be able to rebalance skills to max berserk and BO (currently BO is only 8 hard skill points), and getting a higher level War Cry (currently only 3 hard skills) with only 1 point in other skills. Due to the play through, he invested points elsewhere, particularly Find Item.

Because he was able to build dual spirit through A2, 1 point find item should be fine. We’ve also likely reached the point (especially if he loses Insight) to limit horking only to bosses. He will do a direct p1 push to LK, and then back to p7 full clears for the rest of A3 NM. At this point, I'm thinking that LK, Council, and Meph will be targets #2-4 that he will rerun 5 times, per the modified single-pass restriction.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2018
  18. PhineasB

[Removed double post]

Last edited: Dec 30, 2018
  19. PhineasB

Death the Barb and Ragnar his Barb merc twin have returned home once more to Harrogath at the start of A5 NM. Progress has been smooth, and Death remains, um, death-free. :)

We dropped to p1 for the jungle areas and ran direct to pick up the first two parts for Khalim’s will. With a save-and-exit after tagging LK WP, we returned to p7 full-clears with little of note dropping up until taking down Meph (whose drop was meh).

The one exception was a Sol in the Bazaar that allowed the Bonesnap to be up’ed. But we didn’t equip it and continued horking every corpse with aid of Insight mana regen hoping for some upgrades. With the exception of another Lum to allow Smoke (he waited for a 2os exceptional base, which fell in A4), we didn’t get any improvements, including in the re-runs x5 of Council, LK, and Meph per my play-through restrictions.

A4 went smoothly, with the stairs to the Plains immediately below the entrance from the Pandemonium Fortress. So we cleared the Plains and took down Izual, and then progressed to clear the City of the Damned and tagging the WP. Upon returning to the Steppes, we got a very interesting drop:
    A4 NM (Unique Partizan).jpg
    Code:
    Pierre Tombale Couant
    Partizan
    Two Hand Damage: 120 - 260
    Durability: 65 of 65
    Required Level: 43
    Required Strength: 113
    Required Dexterity: 67
    Fingerprint: 0x92680725
    Item Level: 56
    +3 to Barbarian Skill Levels
    +30% Faster Hit Recovery
    220% Enhanced Damage
    Adds 12 - 20 Damage
    +156 to Attack Rating
    6% Mana stolen per hit
    55% Deadly Strike
    The +3 skills and mana leech (plus FHR) makes for a potentially nice compliment to the Bonesnap, with the +skills resulting in only 1 less than dual spirit. It also makes the loss of Insight’s mana regen manageable, with concentrate on the switch allowing quick refilling of the blue bulb.

It was a big decision with the restriction of no extended stash. But we did just that, selling the Spirits and the Insight. He also had picked up this interesting amulet in the Steppes, which remains in his stash as his current best option when he finally drops his MF amulet:
    A4 NM (scintillating amy of life everlasting).jpg
    As shown in the pic, we also switched in Sigon’s boots and gloves for the IAS (and life leech on the concentrate switch). I hadn’t noticed how sweet his gambled gloves had been—I had really just seen the IAS and slight improvement to MF over what he had at the time. Let’s just say Quinta is jealous (and I muled them off rather than selling them):
    Code:
    Ghoul Hand
    Chain Gloves
    Defense: 16
    Durability: 15 of 16
    Fingerprint: 0x3054b4d9
    Item Level: 54
    +2 to Javelin and Spear Skills (Amazon Only)
    +61% Enhanced Defense
    +4 to Dexterity
    Cold Resist +13%
    17% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
    With that set up, we moved up to the River of Flame WP, taking down Hephasto easily. The Pierre Tombale ended up becoming the primary, especially with the finger mage mana drain. Bonesnap really only came into use to take out bosses faster once we’d taken out minions.

The HF was really nice for him:
    A4 NM HF (Lem).jpg
    After picking up (and keeping) a 3os Rune Sword from the surface areas of A4, he is now just a Ko (or two Lums) from Lawbringer. I think it will be really solid for the A5 merc and provide a nice level of safety with the decrep and knockback for undead, particularly Greater Mummies in A2. The only thing I’m not sure about is whether it will overwrite the stun animation from War Cry, but even if it does, I think it will be worth it at least for A2.

The final stretch of RoF and then CS were fine. He crafted a 20LR GC w strength. De Seis dropped Goblin Toe, which was interesting, but they are eth. I put them on for Diablo, but the loss of IAS more than offset the extra crushing blow on top of the maul. Speaking of Diablo, I managed to keep the merc alive and his drop was unhelpful.

I'm hoping to get through A5 NM in January as breaks from Pit runs with Pestilence my untwinked 99er. I will likely use the fifth target for this difficulty as Pindle. Although I go with Shenk/Eldritch instead.

Death is actually pretty well-geared for the transition to Hell, with the Rockstopper and Lionheart that the merc is currently wearing or the Smoke addressing resists and damage reduction along with the amulet. The Lionheart would also increase the Berserk damage. Lightning resists would be just positive, and only poison would be negative.

I’m hoping for some more resist charms. Sigon’s belt would be great, but I’m also crafting hitpower belts as I go. Angelic amulet would also be great to pair with the stashed angelic ring for AR, or some Steel charms.

T72on1, galtwish, ffs and 1 other person like this.
  20. PhineasB

The last set of twins (Death and Ragnar) have made solid progress so far this month and are now at level 76 in A2 H, with some major gear upgrades along the way. Death also has avoided his namesake thus far :)

As a reminder, Death is untwinked and playing as a 2-handed berserker with War Cry for stunning enemies. I’m also playing him with some extra limitations: no extended stash, and a modified single pass approach where, in each difficulty, he can select only 5 areas/targets to rerun 5 times each (otherwise, it’s single pass).

We left off at A5 NM, and they made slow but steady progress on p7. We moved away from full clears at this point for the surface areas because it was becoming tedious with imps, slingers, etc. But they full cleared all the underground areas.

No meaningful drops on the playthrough—only another pair of Venom Grips from Frozenstein. Progress was safe if a bit slow, due to War Cry. Ancients were taken on p1 and straightforward (no amp rolls). We had to string out Lister’s pack a bit, but otherwise WSK and the waves were fine. Baal took one trip to town to restock potions, but he fell easy enough (with no useful drops), and Death become a Champion:
    Champion.jpg
    We used the final rerun of NM on Eldritch/Shenk, and it delivered a set amulet that turned out to be Angelic, granting the wish that closed out my last update :D With the stashed ring, it provided a massive AR boost that has served him well so far in Hell. I wish he had the Sickle to allow +50 MF on the hork switch. He found two of those in Normal, but they were muled off because we couldn’t count on the amulet dropping and space was getting tight :rolleyes: Hoping one of those drops in A2.

Speaking of which, we made some gear choices in advance of Hell. Death hadn’t really used the Bonesnap, so we dropped it to free up the switch. He also dropped 3 pTopaz armor in favor of Lionheart, with Ragnar getting the Smoke to max his resists. Death kept the IK helm with 2 pTopazes; together with the 30 MF Nagelring that kept his MF over 100. That decision paid off nicely!

For Hell, Death is running p1. He’s following the overall project restriction of full-clearing all A85 areas, but otherwise questing through pretty directly. In early A1 Hell, Blood Raven was vanquished easily thanks to Howl for clearing out the zombies and skeletons. We then full-cleared the Crypt and Mausoleum. The Crypt quickly delivered a game-changer (and one of my favorite items):
    H A1 (Doombringer).jpg
    Let’s just say it was a massive upgrade over the up’ed Soulflay for the Merc: before and after. The Crypt almost immediately delivered again:
    H A1 (Guillames).jpg
    This replaced Rockstopper on the merc, with Rockstopper stashed so Death can continue with the MF set up. As a result, Ragnar is potent, packing average damage >1000 (>1200 if he has the Lionheart), with solid life leech, deadly strike, crushing blow, and FHR. The weaken from Doombringer contributes significantly to safety.

The twins proceeded to rescue Cain, picking up Sigon’s belt in Underground passage, which replaced rare belt for 3-piece Sigon’s (and pushed MF over 150). This may well be end-game gear for him: The IAS from gloves, 50 MF from boots, resists, and life leech (for when he shifts to concentrate to leech mana) are solid.

Griswold was straightforward, and Death went straight to the Outer Cloister WP before going back to clear the Tower and Pit. Countess didn’t provide anything of use, and the Pit was full-cleared uneventfully. The pair then quested through to Andy, whose drop also wasn’t useful.

Death used two of his reruns for this difficulty on Countess and Andy, with no useful drops. He then took down Radament and is ready to set out into the desert in A2. I hope to move through A2 and early A3 quickly. He will full-clear the Kurast surface areas and Temples, and then take on Meph. He will then use 2 more reruns on LK and Meph for sure, likely using the last one on Council.

In terms of gear and stash, he has the Lem, with a Shael and 3os Mage Plate for possible Treachery, and an Io for possible Lawbringer if a Ko falls (he would also need a 3os elite sword). I suspect Treachery for Death would be the better use (and the Thul is more likely to drop than the Ko), with the Lionheart then shifting to Ragnar. But I welcome feedback on that or other gear ideas.

The stash is manageable, currently full with lots of full purples that can be used/tossed if he needs the space. A Pul would also be massive, allowing him to upgrade Pierre Tombale.