Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

A Tribute to Paul Hunter

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by ael, Oct 11, 2006.

1. ael

ael IncGamers Member

A Tribute to Paul Hunter

This news struck me hard. Those who practice snooker on a regular basis and watched snooker along the years, will find the following editorial quite disturbing. The original can be found here. For those who dont want or dont have time to read it all, I posted a shortened version here.

I was a big fan of paul. I started practicing snooker in `04, back when I was only 13 years old. I watched every tournament on TV, as there wasnt any hope for me to even consider going to Britain just for a snooker match. Slowly, Paul became my idol. I watched him play, and basicaly I have learned everything I know now from him. I watched the great Masters final with Ronnie, when Paul made an amazing comeback from 7-2, then 8-4, ending up winning to 9-8. I remember sitting in the sofa in the front of our TV with my guts the size of a ping pong ball, being afraid even to take a small breath. The match ended around one a clock in the night, and I remember having school the next day. But no, I did not care... Watching him play and read about what he did in his life made me understand that he was somebody special, not just special in the way the media made him look like, but special as a person.

I dont know if there are fellow snooker forumsers here, but if there are, I think this worths mentioning.

I would just like to express my condoleances to Pauls wife Lindsey and daugther Rose. Rest in peace Paul.

~Ael.

2. Amra

Amra IncGamers Member

3. Dondrei

Dondrei IncGamers Member

Jeez, snooker is more popular than I'd have thought.