A tournament: Classic HC Tankazon

Fists of War

Diabloii.Net Member
A tournament: Classic HC Tankazon

Well, this is the first time I've ever tried hosting a tourney. I've read the guide, so I hope it's understandable.

---

First, a bit about myself: I split my time between playing Classic Diablo on the realms, and playing LoD in singleplayer. I've taken part in one tourney so far, but am still pretty new to the SP forums. I know much more about classic than LoD, and I know that classic is much more of a challenge.

---

This tournament will be very difficult. It's goal is to play a Tankazon in HC classic diablo 2. The rules:

- Every skill point goes to the passive and magic tree.
- You may not use bows, javelins, or spears. Instead, use swords/axes/maces/dagger/polearms.
- This is 1.11b Classic Diablo (to make a classic character, simply uncheck the "LoD" box when creating your amazon.
- Make your amazon Hardcore.
- You can play /players x, rerun areas/bosses for exp and items.
- No twinking onto your character.
- Try to kill all the monsters on the way to your goal. Full clears are not required, but please do not use maphack and run thorugh areas to the next wp/quest location.
- As soon as you start, drop that javelin! Never attack with a jav/bow/spear.

---

That's it. It's a pretty hard challenge. High damage weapons are hard to find. No mercenary makes a valk your only form of minion attack. Once you die, you're out. The GOAL OF THE TOURNAMENT? To simply get as far as you can. If you make it past Act 1, nice work. If you manage to get into NM, I salute you.

---

Some help: In classic, dexterity does not affect blocking. You chance to block is the chance to block on your shield. Twitchthroe (unique studded leather) is the only item that will raise your block (by 25%).
The amazon has a very slow block with swords/axes/maces. So, either put up with getting majorly block-locked, or use a dagger. Or a big 2-handed weapon. Save up your imbues, and cash to gamble. Getting a viable weapon will be a major quest!

---

If a bit of classic female warrior action sounds good, just copy the code below with your character's name, level and area reached.

Code:
[B]Name[/B]                [B]Level[/B]             [B]Area reached[/B]
ImpossibleGirl      10                Stony Field
Feel free to post about your adventures, your difficulties, and your item finds.

Good luck, and have fun!

Huriel

Diabloii.Net Member
Sounds good, any reward for winning? I will start playing her tonight

Code:
Name                Level             Area reached
SheTank             1                 Rogue Encampent

squiggle

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm in, I'll start when I find some batterys for ma mouse Lol.

Code:
SheTank             1                 Rogue Encampent
Squiggle             1                 Rogue Encampment

Huriel

Diabloii.Net Member
That's it. It's a pretty hard challenge. High damage weapons are hard to find. No mercenary makes a valk your only form of minion attack. Once you die, you're out. The GOAL OF THE TOURNAMENT? To simply get as far as you can. If you make it past Act 1, nice work. If you manage to get into NM, I salute you.
So here are you saying that no mercenary as in no mercenaries are allowed? Or are you just getting at that since Classic mercenaries suck the valk will be a better partner?

squiggle

Diabloii.Net Member
Mercs on classic suck, Can't gear them or feed them pots, I'll be using one for normal atleast till I get merc.

Huriel

Diabloii.Net Member
I guess Ill make use of a cold Iron Wolve,
do the Act 2 mercs still have auras in classic??

Huriel

Diabloii.Net Member
Maybe I'll go with one of them instead then. Anyways, done playing for tonight. SheTank is tearing through enemies with a 3 socket two handed sword filled with a chipped ruby and 2 chipped topaz's, and hasn't had any trouble as of yet.
Code:
SheTank             14                 Dark Wood

Schmeat

Diabloii.Net Member
And so the journey begins with the classsic tankazon blocked :laugh:

Code:
SheTank            14                 Dark Wood
Blocked              1                 Rouge Encampment
[/QUOTE]

SiTro

Diabloii.Net Member
Haha, it so happens that I have a level 40 tankazon already in Act 2 NM. It is indeed a challenge though. Best of luck to all of you, hopefully we'll see some Queens!

And so the journey begins with the classsic tankazon blocked :laugh:

Code:
SheTank             14                Dark Wood
Squiggle            1                 Rogue Encampment
Blocked             1                 Rouge Encampment       
MeAmaYouDie         1                 Rouge Encampment
Wow havent made a classic in ages but time to try it out

And fixed the table

Sivy

Diabloii.Net Member
hmm sounds crazy but i like it and i'm in :thumbsup:
it's first classic tournament nice :smiley:
ok i go play my new tankazon Felicia now... :wave:

Code:
Blocked             1                 Rouge Encampment       
Felicia             1                 Rouge Encampment
Great Sivy

Fists of War

Diabloii.Net Member
Haha, it so happens that I have a level 40 tankazon already in Act 2 NM. It is indeed a challenge though. Best of luck to all of you, hopefully we'll see some Queens!
In...classic? What gear are you playing with?

Rule clarification:
Mercs are allowed, but as they can't travel between acts they will be of limited help.

I'm going to play a bit more tonight, I'm motivated now that a few people have joined. Andariel scares me though, might have to swap down to /players 1 and get lvl 18 before fighting.
Have there ever been any other classic tourneys here?

SiTro

Diabloii.Net Member
She's untwinked, so it's mainly assorted blues and rares, probably the best way for a Classic character. She is wearing the Centurion armour, and has a Bloodrise in the stash, though the main weapon is a rare Jagged Star.

I was lucky enough to find a Stone of Jordan in the early part of Act 2 NM, so I'm using that to pre-buff the valk.

Skills:

Valkyrie: 11
Penetrate: 12
Dodge: 6
Avoid: 5
Evade: 3
Critical Strike: 5
Inner Sight, Slow Missiles, Decoy: 1

The rate of progress seems to have slowed right down at this point, and it was already fairly sluggish to begin with. I did feel a little bit safer once I got to level 30 and had a recastable minion to help me along.

Schmeat

Diabloii.Net Member
Yesterday when i fought bravely agaisnt bloodraven and her minion i found a unique club called

Felloak
1 - 10 1H Dmg
24 Durability

Lightning Resist +60%
Fire Resist +20%
Knocks Target Back
Adds 6-8 Fire Damage
+70-80% Enhanced Damage

that made my day :D now i can smash those skellis even harder.

Code:
Blocked             12                 stoney field       

Code:
Blocked             12                 stoney field       
MeAmaYouDie         11                 Stony Field
Started her yesterday had some hard time finding a weapon at the beginning had to punch halfway through to the Den of Evil before I found a sword. Nothing spectacular atm fighting is going well no real sweat killing blood raven either. Only NDE I have is the coldcraw archer in the dungeoin in coldplains she can be a real pain in the neck.

Working my way through with a 2 soc Mace with one chipped sapphire and a chipped topaz. Next up is rescuing the old fart that always get's in trouble he never seems to learn and Akara think he is so wise.........hm dunno myself:grin:

squiggle

Diabloii.Net Member
Code:
Squiggle            15                 Outer Cloister
Blocked             12                stoney field       
MeAmaYouDie         11                Stony Field

Dealing 17-32 damager is easy, Outer cloister atm, Going to try andy tonight if i find the time, Fun.

purplelocust

Diabloii.Net Member
As much as I was hoping to get back to some serious MFing after finishing Skunkbelly's tourney, I have to support a Classic tourney as I play a fair amount of 1.11b Classic. So I'll have a go, though I'm not sure how serious at this point.

I did get an all-passive zon reasonably far some time ago, as part of an effort to see the farthest I could get each Classic class using a full Civerb's set. I can't remember how far I got my Civerbazon, at least normal, but that was a while ago. But who knows what gear will drop for this one...