Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

A tip incase some people havnt realised

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by necro_9, Mar 7, 2004.

1. necro_9

necro_9 IncGamers Member

A tip incase some people havnt realised

This is a way of thinking that should help some people out,Once i figured this out for myself i did alot better in hc. Basically new beter gear does NOT allow you to do more things or stay ina fight for a few extra seconds,it just provides that little extra bit of safety when something does go wrong. Ive seen lots of people die (including me) soon after putting on new gear and thinking that would save them. If you are an average player try working on the principle that better gear eg PDR will give you that extra bit of buffer to get out of the game or run. Dont change the way you play just because you have a SS now,thats one of the quickest ways to get yourself killed.

Just a thought i was having,hope it helps some people

2. FoG

FoG IncGamers Member

I dont really agree with that... if i had 0 resist and all i did was hit and run, now that my resist is maxed and elemental monsters barely hurt me i'll fight and drink pots until all my foes have fallen!

VICTORY!!! :D

3. WingBlade

WingBlade IncGamers Member

Interesting thoughts, prob brought up on the forums b4, but I haven't seen it lately.

Basically people need to change or adapt their playing styles to avoid getting killed.

Does this mean, you will never die, not @ all. But if you know what to avoid or how to overcome a situation... that will give you a step ahead of keeping your butt out of the graveyard.

4. STINGER

STINGER IncGamers Member

I cant count the times I have heleped equip a guy and it should of made them unkillable if they continued with a nice cautious style but no, they think all the sudden they are God and run off to a nasty death.

I know people that can use crap gear and get to 85........toss them a bone so they are a bit better and bamn they dont see 86!

5. necro_9

necro_9 IncGamers Member

no.....i'm not saying that you wont die,just that this is a reason people may die. :)

6. ZappaFan

ZappaFan Hardcore Moderator and America Trade Moderator

Definitely seen this a lot. Somebody equips that shako they just found, run off and get a little careless because they think they're uber all of a sudden and *poof* deeds. It just goes to show surviving is a bit more about how you play rather than what you're playing with. It's a good point. I'd wager one of the #1 causes of death is carelessness of one sort or another.

7. JDM.

JDM. IncGamers Member

If I have learned anything its take your time, but for some odd reason I still dont, so maybe I havent learned it yet. :scratch:

8. Baranor

Baranor IncGamers Member

Like WW-ing into Listor when he's FECE while using a Messer's reaver and having 4K life? Hit-smack-dead? It was in 1.09 by the way... and I was playing with 4 friends and because of the extreme speed we were running Baal at I forgot to set loot in the 5th game in 12 minutes... then again, I didnt expect to get killed with 4.5K per WW hit either.