Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

a timely affair - success atlast

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Mordalles, Apr 7, 2004.

1. Mordalles

Mordalles IncGamers Member

a timely affair - success atlast

So me and my brother played with two amazons, me a javezon with lightning fury, and he with a strafezon. The ancients took us about 30 minutes (guessing) in hell. This seemed like a long time. What also seemed peculiar, was that all 3 ancients kept targetting my amazon, and ignoring my brother's zon and both our valkaries??? why i ask. the same happened with diablo, and with baal, they kept coming just for me??? in the end, i just kept running in circles while my brother shot at them, i rarely turned around and threw a plaque javelin in the ancients' direction. of course, he ran out of arrows, so he relied on magic arrow, which slowed progress down even more. eventually the ancients were abolished. good thing too, cause i had about 2 healing potions left.

we killed baal after about 50 minutes. what an epic battle of determintation.
    it really was my longest ever fight against one enemy in diablo.

the result: my 1st matriarch!!!! (i only have one patriarch - rion the pally)
    also, it was my brother`s 1st time finishing hell!!
    lucky for us, an ogre axe dropped from baal.

matriarch sheena, level 83 zon.
    lev 24 lightning fury, plaque javelin; lev 22 valkarie.
    weapon: titan`s revenge. (not upgraded)
    armour: holy diamond mail
    boots: infernostride
    gloves: rare gloves
    shield: ancient`s pledge (only 57 defense)
    helm: tal rasha`s death mask.
    belt: rare belt.
    rings: rare resistances
    amulet: +19 resistances

as you can see, i didnt have the best of gear. however, apart from the ancients and baal, we found the journey through hell pretty easy.
    my brother`s gear wasnt much more impressive. his weapon was lycander`s aim (not upgraded).
    neither my brother nor me had a merc with us.

2. Kremtok

Kremtok IncGamers Member

Congratulations on making Matriarch! I, myself, only have three, so it's something that I still think is a special accomplishment. It sounds like you had quite a battle with the Ancients and then with Baal. I've never played an Amazon, but I've played with them enough to know that if the enemy ignores your Valkyrie, you're pretty much screwed. Good job once again! And are you sure than wasn't an Ogre Maul that you found?

3. LprMan

LprMan IncGamers Member

:thumbsup:

Good job and great achievement!

:buddies:

4. Fafner

Fafner IncGamers Member

Congrats...I think Amazon and Barb may be the two hardest characters in the new patch (both of which I haven't played yet)

I fought Normal Diablo for 2 hours once...

5. Mordalles

Mordalles IncGamers Member

nope, it was the elite unique ogre axe. bonehew!!! hee hee, something for my trouble! :buddies: