Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

A thought for everyone saying its not dark and gloomy enough. der=

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by celbii, Jul 1, 2008.

1. celbii

celbii IncGamers Member

A thought for everyone saying its not dark and gloomy enough.

I was just reading through most of the threads where people are complaining its not dark and Gothic and gloomy enough.

Did anyone stop to think that the story line is 20 YEARS later? Im sure after 20 years of no evil things have had the chance to lighten up. Granted it could turn all dark and gloomy and what not after the evil has returned, but it was just a thought i had why it might be so bright everywhere.

2. Mihail

Mihail IncGamers Member

Re: A thought for everyone saying its not dark and gloomy enough.

Essentially, the textures, lighting, and details in dungeons does not fall under this thought, yet it looks like any other place, irrelevant of demonic activity.

3. celbii

celbii IncGamers Member

Agreed, I did not even think about that I was thinking more of the outside areas we saw in the gameplay demo.

4. kontankarite

kontankarite IncGamers Member

Has anyone managed to watch the video in high def full screen? It actually looks a bit different than what we've seen. At full screen high def, the only thing I can say is that it just needs the slightest touch of grit and only a SLIGHT decrease in saturation and a SLIGHT increase in contrast.

Two of these things can be taken care of in a slider bar in the graphics menu. As for the grit... well, if anyone is willing to make a mod or extra shader to put on the stones and ground, have at it. Because they're not going to deviate from that nice, clean, smooth, happy look that you saw in the dungeon.

5. johntorrio

johntorrio IncGamers Member

The game is not done, it has been said during interviews they've been studying horror movies in order to get the lighting and mood just right for the game. Not to mention the feedback from all the fans who say the appearence doesnt sit well with them. So to say they are not going to deviate from the nice, clean, smooth, happy look is complete speculation with nothing to back it up with.