Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

A Tank

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by Wizard Sabin, Sep 19, 2006.

1. Wizard Sabin

Wizard Sabin IncGamers Member

A Tank

Ok, with the defensive auras and holy shield and such. I have been thinking here lately that maybe it would work how making a pure Tank. 20 Holy Shield. 20 Defiance. Max Defence possible and damage we can work on. I just would liek to see how high his defence could get. Any suggestions. Not really worried about damage or wether its PvM or PvP. I would just like to try it out.

If you have any suggestions on equipment feel free also.

2. Demon2k3

Demon2k3 IncGamers Member

For a shield i would say stormshield, the PDR on it is just awesome.

3. Bladewind

Bladewind IncGamers Member

Equipment. Ber Ber CoA with 15 dr dungos.

If you are aiming for defense, use an eth exile.

4. bobofuzzlymunky

bobofuzzlymunky IncGamers Member

conc barb for a defense build, i made the build before, literally 1 million defense, its prolly wayyy back in the barb forum now, i called him the ghost barb cuz he was next to impossible to hit whilst concing.

5. bobofuzzlymunky

bobofuzzlymunky IncGamers Member

conc barb for a defense build, i made the build before, literally 1 million defense, its prolly wayyy back in the barb forum now, i called him the ghost barb cuz he was next to impossible to hit whilst concing.

6. Yerba

Yerba IncGamers Member

Proof please. I don't believe you.

7. safetypro

safetypro IncGamers Member

Yerba, the tank you propose is a variant of the Abbott Paladin Build. The main points allocation on the Abbott are 20 prayer, 1 cleansing. The Abbott regenerates life as fast as the monsters can damage him. There is a build guide in this forum (try searching the term Abbott).
    Holy Shield and Defiance can be used along with Vengence as one of the variants of the Abbott Build. I am presently working on such a build except I only put 20 into Holy Shield and am spreading the remaining points on resists to improve the damage done by Vengence. My goal was to have a balanced Tank if you wish...kinda like a Hummer...LOL
    I just entered Hell and yes, this guy is a Tank.

8. Wizard Sabin

Wizard Sabin IncGamers Member

So Saftey, what equipment do you use on him?

9. niner

niner IncGamers Member

T-gods, rising sun, ravenfrosts possibly an Ohmed Blackoak for Elem rule.

10. safetypro

safetypro IncGamers Member

I am presently using the Griswold set (armor, helm and shield all socketted with 2 Sol runes for 14PDR each), +3 combat/17 PDR ammy, ravenfrost, natures peace (11 PDR), goreriders, tgods and soul drainers. 4 defensive GCs (dirt cheap...hahah), 1 all res GC, a steel/lifer GC, a ptorch and an anni. I hope to add the second natures peace ring when my mana supply increases.
    I'll have 80PDR, 80 cold and fire res. 90 lite res and 75 pois res. 11000k+ def so far (with holy shield). 20 lite absorb and 20ish cold absorb (based on clvl). With the addition of Hellmouths, I can also have 15 fire absorb, but I need the mana leach from soul drainers. I hit at max frame and block at max as well.
    This has really been a fun build. Still levelling...act 2 hell now...haven't died once and it's fun standing in a pack of gloams and laughing at them while they try and zap you.
    I plan on making a build guide when it's complete. I already uncovered a couple minor bugs like mana drain...but have solved them and am pressing forward.