Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

A stupid mistake...

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Atomium, Mar 6, 2004.

1. Atomium

Atomium IncGamers Member

A stupid mistake...

I wanted to get a new weapon for my druid. I create a game, and for no particular reason, I don't make a password. After a few minutes, I wonder what would be his attributes without all the bonuses he gets from his gear. (I guess you know where this is going...)

I drop half of my stuff on the ground... and suddenly someone enters the game. I start to pick up my stuff as fast as I can, and he does the same, then he thanks me :lol: I was pissed, but okay, since I had managed to pick up my annihilus. He had my Umed Jalal's, my Hellslayer (which I wanted to replace anyway), and 2 average res charms.

Him: Thank you
    Me: Don't thank me, I did not gave you this stuff, you took it from me.
    Him: You want it back?
    Me: If you agree, please.
    Him: What u offer?
    Me: Nothing.
    Him: Nothing back then
    Me: Be cool, please, give my stuff back, it is not worth you becoming a thief
    Him: I am not cool tonight, what u offer?
    etc

Me: I prefer to loose my stuff rather than give up to a thief
    Him: Ok, then...

And he leaves. I have noted his account, so I start to whisper him stuff like (I will harass you until you give my stuff back, report you to Blizz, you're laughing now, but in a few weeks you'll be bored with my messages, etc). He ignores me. I create a new account and start whispering to him again, then he quits Bnet.

I don't complain, since I have been truly stupid. I simply forgot my game was not protected. I am so lucky to still have my anni that I am not even pissed off about the Umed Jalal. :) And I will start a thread for a new one in a few minutes (if you happen to have one).

I know that I won't see that stuff anymore, but I don't want him to steal from me that easily, so I will pursue him a bit. He will be on my friends list for a while... If you want to help me make him remember his bad action, please whisper to him about it (but politely please, humour is better than insults). :evil:

Char glenn-glenndk / account *ildkriger

Thanks for any help in this evil project.

2. Ebuski

Ebuski IncGamers Member

If you're on useast nl sc i will give you jalals and hellslayer for free.. just dont stoop to his level man it isnt worth it ^_^ /w *ebu

3. Atomium

Atomium IncGamers Member

I really appreciate your generous gesture, but I am on Europe. I want to pay for that stuff anyway, because I don't want this thread to be seen as a hint for free stuff.

I won't lower myself to his level, but I just want him to get a bit bored to hear from me before giving up. I won't start a war, since it is not worth it, and I have better things to do.

Again, thanks for your kindness :thumbsup:

(And to be frank, that misadventure brought a bit of fun to my day)

4. Zechs_Zechs

Zechs_Zechs IncGamers Member

Is it just me or is it odd that our friends list becomes the source of us harrassing and other nasty things to other people. I guess that old saying always has a bit of truth to it.

"Keep you friends near, and your enemies closer."

Yey for Yey!!!

5. Hacker24

Hacker24 IncGamers Member

that was really cool of you to offer him jalals, and because i am feeling extremely AMAZING tonight, ill give u a umed perf jalals on euro. /w *Barb_smbx. I foyu don't want thats ok.

6. Lord Chaos

Lord Chaos IncGamers Member

I am sad to see that this lowlife happen to be from my nation :( (because of his account name)

I hope he messes up and gets his accounts stolen or something

7. muteownz

muteownz IncGamers Member

you know whats pretty bad... when people on your FRIENDS LIST.. join ur x'fer games... thats how u tell if they are friend or foe. make a game ( fake game ) called xfering1 and have the pw 1. if they join. dont talk to them again. a real friend asks if u need help. this happend to me. i made the fake game. and this jerk comes in saw nothing and was like OHH. uhh i wasnt gonna steal ur stuff. and just left. then.. he whispers me this one day. AHHAH i just jacked my friend that i knew since i started playing!. god this kid has problems. and i was on another char name.. he tried scamming me!! *shakes head* some people just make me sick. oh and u gotta love the.. hey can i try on ur enimga crap. blah.

- joe

8. Zenkat

Zenkat IncGamers Member

Well, then those are obviously not friends, and you shouldnt be on each others mutual lists if you cant even trust the person. Just my opinion.

All people on my list i would trust with my entire accounts. And its totally mutual.

9. Atomium

Atomium IncGamers Member

Perhaps I was not clear, but the guy was not on my friends list. I never met him before. He just happened to enter the yvbdsvsgv game that I had stupidly forgot to protect and where I was trying my gear. Now, he is on my friends list (because there is no /e command for enemies list), so I can see if he is on or not, and say hello to him when he plays LoD... :evil:

@ Hacker24. Thanks a lot for your generous offer, but after 6 years of playing D2, I am rich enough to manage this on my own. I traded yesterday for a new Jalal already, and I won't socket it with an Um, since amazingly my druid has enough res ! But it feels good to know that there will always be people ready to help others in need. :thumbsup:

@ Lord Chaos, yes, it is sad. I told him that Danish (? GlennDK) people were cool but he did not care :lol: Don't worry, I won't misjudge you. You know, I am a Belgian (a fellow citizen of Marc Dutroux... :( )

About friends list, mine is full of people I don't even meet anymore, friends and foes, and it looks a bit like a pirate crew... I play solo, I Xfer solo, I rush myself with my 2nd PC. I never felt the need to have Bnet buddies, since it is usually a pain to make appointments on Bnet, and I don't like to bother people. I have many friends in the real life, and it is suficient to make me happy.

10. Zenkat

Zenkat IncGamers Member

Heh, sorry Atomium, i shoulda quoted.

I was refering to muteownz and how the friend(s) on his friends list cant be trusted. Didnt mean to confuse.

11. muteownz

muteownz IncGamers Member

sorry about that.. thought i'd throw my pointless stupid story in here for reasons i dont know. sorry.

12. Atomium

Atomium IncGamers Member

Here is the end of the story:

I don't know if some of you guys did whisper to him about this, but I did, believe me.

I whispered to him again and again. Then he ignores me. I create a new account and start whispering to him again. He ignores me again, and so on... In the same time, I advertise on every trade channel "Offer VEX, need good armor /w *ildkriger".

After a while, he finally answers "what do u want"
    Me: my stuff back, please
    Him: What u offer
    Me: nothing, but I will leave you alone...
    Him: make game

So he gave me my Umed Jalal back. He had sold the Hellslayer and the charms, but they weren't worth s+++ anyway.

So, if this happens to you, don't give up. Write the account down, and harass the guy until he is so bored that he prefers to give your stuff back. And PM me, I will help you, because this was a lot of fun. :lol:

Edit: like they say, don't negotiate with terrorists...

13. Lord Chaos

Lord Chaos IncGamers Member

Btw, isn't your name that large monument thing in Belgium, kinda looks like a collection of atoms, and you can walk around inside it with a huge exhibit?

14. Chief JB

Chief JB IncGamers Member

I hate it when I make stupid mistakes like that. Then you get people like this that make you mad. Makes me wish that I could reach through the screen and kill them in their face.