Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

A small question about the original Diablo...

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Gunlord, Aug 27, 2006.

1. Gunlord

Gunlord Diabloii.Net Member

A small question about the original Diablo...

Hi there, Diablo 2 fans! I'm a big D2 fan as well, but I still have fond memories of the game that started it all for me--the original Diablo! I'm very sorry if this topic is in the wrong place or anything, but I looked it the FAQ and Rules and they didn't forbid talking about the original Diablo, and when I posted this in the off-topic forum, I was told to bring my question here. I apologize in advance if I have erred in some way.

I just have a strange question about the death animations in Diablo. As you may know, whenever your character dies, all their equipment falls to the ground around them, including what they have equipped. For instance, even if you die with plate armor on, your character's dead sprite will be "naked." I'm just wondering, though, a very long time ago, I remember seeing some animations of the rogue, sorceror, and warrior that included their death animations while wearing their armor! It was a very long time ago, though, and the site has long since gone down. Thus, I'm wondering, has my memory failed me, or do your characters really keep all their armor on in their death animation in some circumstances?

Thank you very much in advance ^_^

2. Ponzicar

Ponzicar Diabloii.Net Member

Hello. Yeah, I love the first one too. As great as d2 is, it can't beat d1's atmosphere.

I think I remember the equipment drop only being in multiplayer while dying to a monster. Did you check single player mode or pvp deaths?

3. Gunlord

Thank you very much, Ponzicar! Yes, I did check single player mode...I haven't checked pvp yet, though. Thanks muchly for the suggestion! Although I have to wonder if I can actually find anybody to PK me nowadays, since Diablo's not as popular as it was in its heyday...

4. gorthaur

gorthaur Diabloii.Net Member

afaik you dont drop equipment if you die on level 16
    i guess that will be it

5. Gunlord

Is that in singleplayer, multiplayer, or...? Please forgive my ignorance ^^;;;

6. JameSMarcus

JameSMarcus Diabloii.Net Member

single and multi! also, you dont drop equipment if you are killed in a PvP fight, as well as lvl 16

7. Gunlord

Ahhhh, I see! Cool cool...2 questions, though:

Will you keep your equipment on your anywhere on Level 16, or will you only keep it if you're killed by Diablo or anything?

Also, which version of the game are you referring to? v 1.00, or a later patch? I only have v 1.00 on my new compy ;_;

EDIT: Yeah, I just tried it...I got to level 16 with my Rogue and got killed by one of those fireball-casting guys, but all the equipment dropped off my corpse anyways, the armor didn't stay on her body :(

8. gorthaur

gorthaur Diabloii.Net Member

thats strange. i think i remember clearly i didnt lose my stuff when killed by some monster (not diablo) on L16
    must have been mp, since i wouldnt care in sp where you have only one life and theres no respawn in town
    try either 1.07 or 1.09 patch and play multi. if that doesnt help i admit i am confused
    anyone able to confirm this?