Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

a simple question for the guys

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by ZeppelinAngel, Apr 17, 2005.

1. ZeppelinAngel

ZeppelinAngel IncGamers Member

a simple question for the guys

Out of curiousity, what things could a girl do on a first date that would make you end things after the first date and just want to be friends or just end it completely?

Be serious please (if that's even possible) :eek:

2. theBlackKnight

theBlackKnight IncGamers Member

Uh, Use her teeth?

IM kidding! *ducks and runs*

3. CyberHawk

CyberHawk IncGamers Member

If she cried.

Also if she was, so like "good" I couldn't even kiss her without her worrying about going to far, or moving to fast. I mean sex doesnt have to be the 1st date..but at least a good kiss...jeeze.

4. ~Kazama Fury~

~Kazama Fury~ IncGamers Member

Says she has kids and doesnt know who the father(s) is/are?

The question is too vague, how about a range?

5. Lord_Shinnok

Lord_Shinnok IncGamers Member

if she exploded all over my new suit.

6. P2blr

P2blr IncGamers Member

One thing would be if she wouldn't shut up; there's a conversation, and then there's her just babbling to you.

Another thing would be if she only talked about past relationships and such.
    an extremely annoying habit perhaps?
    that's al Ican think of for the first date anyway

7. Yaboosh

Yaboosh IncGamers Member

Mainly it is if we have nothing to talk about. If the conversation is not engaging, then there is no point to continue things (unless you just want to keep it physical).

8. nosoup4crr

nosoup4crr IncGamers Member

If she expresses no open-mindedness. Meaning, if she were to say at any point in the conversation, "I could never be with someone who was [Jewish/black/poor/younger]. They're so [enter stereotypical comment]." If she likes to talk about how much she gets wasted, gets numbers, strips at parties, etc. If she never laughs. If she spells out any of these words in common conversation: lol, rofl, brb, ttyl.

Why the curiosity? Has someone got a first date on which they're trying not to make a bad impression?

9. ZeppelinAngel

ZeppelinAngel IncGamers Member

Yeah, I'm going out with a guy on Friday, my friend and her fiancee are coming too, does that still count?

Anyway, I've been single for a year and a half. Don't take me wrong, a relationship isn't the only thing I'm after, but I don't want to screw up the possibility of one by making an ass out of myself on the first date

10. AeroJonesy

AeroJonesy IncGamers Member

If all she can do is talk about herself, or if she has some real annoying habit that I can't stand. It could be something totally stupid or random, but I guess that's how people are.

Or if she seemed like a bigot or something along those lines.

11. nosoup4crr

nosoup4crr IncGamers Member

I would suggest just being yourself. If you have a strong personality, it's going to shine through at some point with this guy. You might as well let him know who you are early on.

That doesn't mean overdo it, though. I think most people can tell when someone is trying really hard to impress someone. And it's awkward when someone does this. Instead, try to keep a little intrigue. Don't talk about yourself. Consider yourself as an advent calender(this metaphor should be awesome. Stay with me, i'm coming up with it as I speak). Let him go through the effort to check out one of those doors and find a hidden treasure behind, give a little backstory(Joseph and Mary couldn't find a vacancy in any inn...), then leave it up to him to ask the follow up question and open up another door.

I know you used to play in a band...that's great. Make him do the work. When he asks what you like to do, just say play music. Let him ask about it further, then you can get into the time your drummer sneezed mid-song and passed out when he hit his head on a symble. You're worth the effort to find out about...own it, and it will come off really well.

12. Raistlin Majere

Raistlin Majere IncGamers Member

BAM! that is the mark. I also don't expect her to talk M-theory or play rugby, but I want a girl with some intellegence and some athletisism. And an imagination. A must have.

13. SpiritWalker

SpiritWalker IncGamers Member

If I'm in love, girls can almost get away with anything with me..

But one thing I hate, and has gotten me jealous a few times, is when they flirt with other guys too. My guess is you won't do that since you're kind of looking for a relationship.

So my advice has gotten you nowhere and I have spend another few minutes awake when I should be going to bed.

14. llad12

llad12 IncGamers Member

Many years ago, when I was single and in college, a very attractive young lady and her female companion were playing Foosball at a local tavern. Being a typical lewd and lascivious male at that time, I attempted to flirt with her while playing the game. My overtures, however, were quickly rebuked.

Leaving the table, I attempted to drown my sorrows with several cold drafts.

To my amazement, she suddenly showed up at my booth batting her eyelashes and purring softly. After some idle chatting, she leaned over, playfully grabbed my thigh, and whispered that all she wanted in life was a good man who would marry her and provide her with domestic appliances and a beautiful home.

"Dang", I thought. She is nothing but a gold-digger!

I quickly excused myself and left the bar.

< I gotta lay off these margaritas ...I can't believe I still remembered that story>

15. AjustinMyJonson

AjustinMyJonson IncGamers Member

It depends on the guy.
    Im a sports nut myself, so i dont want my girlfriend to not know what a full count is, or how many points a touchdown is (luckily she knows both of those, and then some).
    Im not saying dont be yourself, or try to tailor yourself to his likes and desires, but if you have a general idea of who he is, then you can act accordingly to assure you have an enjoyable time.
    I agree with the statement about the ttyl, brb, lol, and rofl, that stuff makes me want to puke. Dont be that chick.

16. MixedVariety

MixedVariety Banned

If you're after a real relationship with a nice guy, don't be easy. I mean it. No sex on the first, second, and third date, and even after that you just give him a little piece at a time. Make him feel like you're valuable, not just another slut, no offense intended.

Sure, guys love girls that are easy, and they also will almost never go on from there and get serious. It's great if sex is all you're after, but it's a relationship killer.

17. DrunkPotHead

DrunkPotHead IncGamers Member

One big turn off is when a girl can't make up her mind. Saying "i don't know, i don't know, i don't know, you decide, i don't know" gets lame real quick.

18. IDupedInMyPants

IDupedInMyPants Banned

If you don't like basketball, don't go to his house to watch basketball, refuse to talk to anyone, check the clock every ten minutes, leave in the middle of the game, and then call him to complain about how much basketball sucks and how terrible he is for making you watch it even though you asked if you could come over and watch with him.

I think you get what I'm saying.

19. Steel_Avatar

Steel_Avatar IncGamers Member

Um, you don't like basketball?

20. DrunkCajun

DrunkCajun Banned

Well, if she doesn't <BANNED> she's totally not worth my time and I'll be like "let's just be friends" and then never call her.