Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

A Simple Marrow Walk Rant

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Sigus, Mar 15, 2004.

?

What do you do?

1. Say No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Say Yes, and buy him his cigarrettes.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Say yes, take his money and avoid him on the way out.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Say yes, take his money and give him a lecture about smoking/ or laugh at him on the way out.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sigus

Sigus IncGamers Member

A Simple Marrow Walk Rant

Just out of interest who uses this bug? Now I fully expect 100 people to say they dont and not one person to admit to it... but lets see if anyone has honour. :rant:

If yes... please tell me why? :grrr:

2. Icarus

Icarus IncGamers Member

i don't use it because i don't have a bonemancer, but i probably would use it.

it's easy to use[exploit], and gives you a great deal of +damage to bone skills.

3. Brother_Maynard

Brother_Maynard IncGamers Member

i use the marrowwalk bug. i had the boots on my summoner and heard about the synergies bonus and i wanted to make a good pvp char. it gives me a chance against ppl with godly items. not much, but it's better than not pvping cuz i'm poor. i do not think there is anything morally wrong with using the marrowalk bug/feature. if u think there is then i ask what about bugged items?, if u happen to spawn a shafstop that eth an indestructable who is to say u can't use it? it's a legit item, u shouldn't have to throw it away. if blizzard decides that the "bug" is too powerful or just needs to be fixed, then so be it.

just so no one flames me for "cheating" i do not use any 3rd party programs, i never have, never will. i never duped anything nor knowingly traded for dupes, although i doubt my 4 sojs are legit since i traded for them.

4. Sigus

Sigus IncGamers Member

Dont worry. I dont want this to turn into a flamer thread. Just want to know how many use and why. Its not cheating BTW, its there and that carnt change.

5. JEDi-MiNDTRiCKS

JEDi-MiNDTRiCKS Banned

I use it on my skelemancer, I needed a way to get bodies easier. Whatever.

6. Sigus

Sigus IncGamers Member

Now I like that use :lol:

7. malathion

malathion IncGamers Member

I use it on my Skellimancer.

8. jmprockstar

jmprockstar IncGamers Member

I use it on my Skellimancer, too. I got them for a steal, so I figured, "Why not?" I didn't build him with the assumption that I would use them, so I thought the bug was bonus to boots with a bunch of other great mods on them. At this point, I'd still use them if Blizzard fixed the bug. They're f***** good boots!

The proof that this is a bug was from a discussion with a Blizzard Help representative, who may not be the best source for this sort of info. If it's a bug serious enough to warrant Blizzard's attention (which, arguably, it isn't), then they'll change it. However, we may be out of patches, now that most of the original team has left.

9. Ash Housewares

Ash Housewares IncGamers Member

I don't use marrowwalks, I feel it is wrong to exploit the bug as long as I don't own a pair :uhhuh:

10. Sigus

Sigus IncGamers Member

Well I think this way. Wear them while you get the other syn. But once you have the rest... dont abuse it, get bone prison. Basically its an Ith weapon for the necro.

11. ranvage

ranvage IncGamers Member

meh, I use a pair on my summoner for the +2 skele mastery, the bonus to bone armor is nice, but the measly 500 dmg spirit it gives me is only useful in about act 2 nm and lower.

Besides, fireball and firewall are much better :lol:

12. Diminished-Soul

Diminished-Soul IncGamers Member

I do not use it on my PvP Necromancer.

1) He is for manner style duels.

2) I hate to exploit bugs.

13. malathion

malathion IncGamers Member

My opinion on this is... and this might be a slippery slope to maphacking/botting/whatever, but its up to you how far you want to take it...

Using the marrowbug isn't like cheating, but it certainly blurs the line. The standards of fair play are set out in the TOS and those who exceed those standards face the consequence of getting banned. I think that it isn't like hacking because it doesn't use any outside program, so it boils down to: If you don't like it, don't do it.

14. Ash Housewares

Ash Housewares IncGamers Member

I used eth rune in weapons

15. Corpseus

Corpseus IncGamers Member

Necs are powerful without marrowwalks, so when they use something that gives them even more power than was originally intended(...or overlooked) most people are ging to complain about it.

In 1.09 I don't believe as many people would have complained if something similiar had existed for a nec simply becuase they were not a overpowered class as far as dueling was concerned(not saying they were weak, a person just needed some knowledge to get kills consistantly).

Have people been complaining about fire claw/rabies hybrids using stone and carrion ring for bugged synergies? Maybe, but certainly not so much, I think most of the hubbub is just becuase necros are a force in this patch.

16. Soepgroente

Soepgroente IncGamers Member

Ith is hacked, this is a bug. "Small" difference there.

I'm gonna use it, only way to make a hybrid work real good :)

17. Æ’enris

Æ’enris Banned

I used eth as well, and I don't renounce my bug ways!!11

I've never had a bonemancer and since I would probably duel in clan honor with it if I had one, I'm saying no?

18. Sigus

Sigus IncGamers Member

I never said it WAS an ITH, I said its like an ITH. Most people who has an ITH done so much damage there was very little point in taking them on in the first place...which is why so many here went to private games.

Now what do we see in games? A necro that dont stop teleporting and endless bugged bone spirts. Do we even have honour :lol:

Saying that I teleport and use poison nova... but at least Im not using bugged items to win. If these boots are needed to win, why in private PvP run by this site or by many of the clans (where the boots are banned) do necros still win?

If your necro carnt win without it, its does not make the build weak... just you.

And I said I didnt want this to become a flame thread :cheesy:

We will just have to agree to disagree.

19. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

There is something about exploiting unintended "features" that I resent. That is why I don't use Marrowwalk and why I struggle on without resorting to the +AR of PDagger.

20. Sigus

Sigus IncGamers Member

Matis good to see someone that speaks up for the side of light :worship:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.