Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

A silly question =)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Holyful, Nov 20, 2006.

1. Holyful

Holyful IncGamers Member

A silly question =)

Heya there everyone

Anyways, i'll get to the point.

I was thinking about writing a book about well.. im not to sure. Im young (13 >.< lol) but have an excellent imagination and vocabulary lol (besides the "lol" and stuff). Like... I always start thinking about writing a book or a short story but .. I just can't keep my mind on something (RL problems lol). I'd like to see what you guys think. I actually started writing a book on a piece of paper and lost it haha. I've also been thinkin' of doing a little project at school but I always chicken out :embarassed: heh.. but I'd really like to hear an opinion from all of you. If I get enough encouragement I may even write something lol.

Well .. plz leave a reply. Cya round! :azn:

2. Yaboosh

Yaboosh IncGamers Member

Start writing, but I think you should start smaller than a novel. Try writing a short story with a contained plot but with the potential to be part of a larger story. The best way to learn writing is to write. Don't be discouraged by age, I have read a novel or two by teenagers that were quite impressive.

Good luck!

Also, there are numerous fan fiction type sites all over the internet that will critique your work if you like that sort of thing. If you don't take criticism well then I would advise not doing so though.

3. Holyful

Holyful IncGamers Member

Wow lol.. I was expecting a jerk to respond with "W.e ... don't bring this **** here" and stuff lol.. but thank you very much!!! Any idea what I should write about ? lol

4. Lord Nyax

Lord Nyax Banned

I'm assuming you like Diablo II, considering what web site this forum is on. You might want to try the Fan Fiction forum. They, most likely, have more writing experience than we do here (I say maybe because the FF Forum has kinda low traffic...). Plus, you could try some basic Fan Fiction out there, if you're into that kind of thing.

P.S: The OTF rarely responds negatively to short posts. It's when you try to form a complex thesis (or break 10 lines) that people get bent out of shape.

5. Holyful

Holyful IncGamers Member

Thank you too!! I've been thinking of writing a SS about Diablo 2 :grin: And maybe I should... ^_-

6. Yaboosh

Yaboosh IncGamers Member

What to write about is up to you of course. Don't let others get you down, especially about something like this that can be as personal (and thus none of their business) or as public (in which case you would eventually want to be published) as you want. Though you have to be able to withstand tons of criticism if you want to write in the public domain, but, if you are able, you will learn much much more than you could keeping your work private.

7. Holyful

Holyful IncGamers Member

Damn .. the 2 ppl that posted here are smart lol:laugh: I would love to write actual novels one day, that is if I can actly start writing a few short stories first. I'll start with maybe a Diablo 2 or warcraft Short Story. Perhaps a Halo 2 even lol. Thank you 2 so much for the advice!!! I'll tell yea when I made a story or something :fortuneteller: lol :grin:

8. Dondrei

Dondrei IncGamers Member

No-one is too young to start writing. Well, unless you lack the motor skills to pick up a crayon.

9. Holyful

Holyful IncGamers Member

Rofl .. Nah man.. I suck at like writing with a crayon. Im WAY better at typing because I go much faster and the ideas just pour in faster and faster =D Well damn... g2g to bed lmao. See everyone later!

10. Bortaz

Bortaz Banned

Another promising writing career, cut short by a parent's curfew. :(

Just kidding. Good luck, son.

11. DurfBarian

DurfBarian IncGamers Member

I'm building a time machine to go back and get the parents of the kid who wrote Eragon to do a better job of that.

12. Dondrei

Dondrei IncGamers Member

Make sure that whatever it is, it has ninjas in it. No wait, Nazis. No wait, pirates.

13. DurfBarian

DurfBarian IncGamers Member

Robot ninja pirate Nazis! Ooh, female ones. With an adventurous streak.

14. blu3l1ghtn1ng

blu3l1ghtn1ng IncGamers Member

and boobies..?

15. Holyful

Holyful IncGamers Member

Damn how da hell did the conversation change into this ??? Well 2morrow I shall be starting on a short story!!!! It'll be .. well not too long at all. This will be my FIRST attempt at writing anything good. Wish me luck people!!! :laugh: :grin:

16. blu3l1ghtn1ng

blu3l1ghtn1ng IncGamers Member

You wanted ideas..:wink2:

17. ModeratelyConfused

ModeratelyConfused Banned

Just a couple of suggestions. 1) If it's something you one day might publish, do not post it on the internet. Someone else could claim it as theirs and publish it before you do. 2) Don't write in IM speak any more. It's a good habit to write normally as often as possible. Your first couple of posts in this thread were good, but one of the later ones wasn't so.

18. Holyful

Holyful IncGamers Member

Eh .. what ?

19. Holyful

Holyful IncGamers Member

K well. .DAMN lol My sis needs the computer for Word =\ So no short story starting this day!! :cry: So now .. i'll just kick back and read a diablo book and stuff lol.

20. kobold

kobold Banned

What about a pen and paper?

Good luck with the writing.