A silly question about running.

MalakReborn

Diabloii.Net Member
A silly question about running.

I just noticed that occasionally my character defaults to "walk". I always have auto-run set. Is there a shortcut other hitting "R" or physically clicking on the "running icon" that I could be hitting? :scratch:

Llathias

Banned
Could it be that your Ctrl key stays pressed (possibly after pressing Shift) because of a problem with your keyboard?

nubikoen

Diabloii.Net Member
Yes, the "forward" button on your mouse will toggle the run/walk.
"Back" show the items on the ground (like "Alt")
Middlebutton/Wheel will toggle minmap on/off.

Delreich

Diabloii.Net Member
nubikoen said:
Yes, the "forward" button on your mouse will toggle the run/walk.
"Back" show the items on the ground (like "Alt")
Middlebutton/Wheel will toggle minmap on/off.
Huh? I'm guessing that depends on what mouse, driver and driver settings you have.
For me those buttons do whatever I assign them to do, and mouse4 and mouse5 does
not have anything assigned to them by default. Not sure about wheel.

Stamina, reassigned buttons or stuck buttons seems most likely.

nubikoen

Diabloii.Net Member
Delreich said:
Huh? I'm guessing that depends on what mouse, driver and driver settings you have.
For me those buttons do whatever I assign them to do, and mouse4 and mouse5 does
not have anything assigned to them by default. Not sure about wheel.

Stamina, reassigned buttons or stuck buttons seems most likely.
Of course it depends on your settings.

With the exception of the Wheel having some buggering 'switch between open windows/programs' as default, the above is true for Logitech and Microsoft mice with standard drivers and default settings (barring the wheel thing)

MalakReborn

Diabloii.Net Member
It's definitely not stamina. It happens randomly. I'll be full stamina and running and I'll stop for a moment to do something and she is in walk mode. I also have a Logitech G5 mouse(non-wireless). I thought that could be the issue so I tested out the MOuse button 5 shortcut. Nothing happens. Only mouse buttons 1,2, and wheel work with this game. I have the latest mouseware. I also thought I could be hitting a "mouse button 5" on my keyboard since I'm running on a laptop.(Inspiron 9100) This laptop has 2 sets of "mouse buttons", but they are both designated as 1 and 2. None of the keys stick on the keyboard either.

MalakReborn

Diabloii.Net Member
I think that could be it. The last time it happened was when I was talking to a friend in game. I mostly play this game with friends and we chat a lot. The thing is I type so fast that I can't really tell if that is the issue. haha