Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

A shining gem in a pile of crap, crap=reality shows

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by SirKnightmare, Feb 25, 2004.

1. SirKnightmare

SirKnightmare IncGamers Member

A shining gem in a pile of crap, crap=reality shows

The gem I am referring to is the great show called 24, the pile of crap is everything else on the FOX network. I swear 24 is the only non-reality show on it, it is like reality show central, I can feel my brain cells being sucked out on the previews during the commercials.

Lets see, there is a new one where a woman must pick from a group of guys and some of them are homosexual, if she picks a homosexual she loses. There is one coming with a bunch of people getting pissed at each on a island. There is one with a midget dating other midgets.

I mean why the hell do people watch this crap, soon all of TV is going to be reality shows. You want people to be distraught, heres a tip, go out in something called real life and be a jerk. You know go out and call girls fat (even if they aren't) or girls can suggest a guy is a wuss (again even if they aren't), call them cute for example. Yeh, do that and don't promote crappy television.

2. Forcefeedback

Forcefeedback IncGamers Member

I think you might be missing a minor points.

Doing this in real life doesn't appease these fools because they are not famous actors.

One other point I can think of doing some reality shows is it saves money. Just think how much more money it saves just to hire a cameraman and a narrator/commentator and go out and film stuff than to pay royalties for a good/popular show. If the channel is losing viewers a cheap way out is trying something creative to get ratings with a little budget.

Solution: Start a boycott(sp) and enlist followers either you succeed and they go bankrupt/change business or they sue you and you will be soon rolling in money/in jail

btw: I'ts really popular here too (product seasons 1&2)
    *sits contently, glad that all the hype is over and the show is well on the way*

3. Intolerance

Intolerance IncGamers Member

The thing that bothers me about the 24 series: Let's say episode one starts at late morning, say 11 am. That means that pretty much all of the people involved started their day earlier that morning, say at 7 am. Now the show lasts 24 total hours, to, say, 11 am the second day. Now all they key players have been awake for close to 28 hours straight without signs of exhaustion.

Now I've never watched this show, but this point was made to me by a friend who is a big tv nut (records shows that he can't watch, etc). I'm pretty sure that he told me that the first season of 24 started in the evening, which would mean that the characters were awake for close to 36 hours by the end of the "day" with no major signs of fatigue/exhaustion. Maybe a nitpick, but pretty lame nonetheless.

edit: nearly forgotten point about Fox- the Simpsons are on Fox, right?
    I don't really watch any tv aside from Hockey (I have the package on dish network)

4. MagiusTheGrey

MagiusTheGrey IncGamers Member

Actually, this season, theyre doing a better job of doing the whole weariness thing. Between just physical exhaustion and mental as well, characters are seeming a little bit more human. If you like 24, then i would also suggest The Shield which comes on FX on tuesdays as well. The new seasons starts soon. Its different than 24, almost better in its own ways.

5. Smelly

Smelly IncGamers Member

The Shield is just downright awesome. There will never be a show like it, in my opinion. I think 24 pales in comparrison to it, hehe. I mean, you learn to really hate the main character of shield, and yet love watching it. It's great! He's such a badass.

6. Dutchman

Dutchman IncGamers Member

I'm liking the premise for the newest reality show. Mark Cuban, the zillionaire owner of the Dallas Mavericks will bring in a group of contestants and given whoever who chooses a million bucks of his own cash.

"People will just need to get me to like them at the right time" was his quote.

He wants to give someone the chance to be rich, what a nice guy. That, or he is on a giant rich guy power trip.

DANCE PUPPETS DANCE!

Dutch

7. Gorny

Gorny Banned

Reality shows....

Never watched any of them....

Never will.

8. nnndave

nnndave IncGamers Member

I agree, the shield does ruin ***.

Law and Order is good too. SVU and CI aren't that good though. Does anyone remember that reality L&O that was on for like 2 weeks and then just nuked? CSI is pretty good too, NYPD blue is good too.

9. Ev_

Ev_ IncGamers Member

I agree, 24 is the greatest TV show to ever grace the screen. The writers for it are genius. I rearrange my schedule around this show. But my question...why do we have to wait 5 WEEKS for the next episode?!?!?!?!?!? Arrrrrrghhhhh!!!

10. SirKnightmare

SirKnightmare IncGamers Member

Damn I know, when they said like March 30th I was like WHAT!!!! Meh, I'm sure it will be worth it.

11. Canadia142

Canadia142 Banned

Tuesdays are my 2nd favorite day of the week because of 24 and of course the shield.

I absoultely love 24. Except for kate bower, that ***** needs to die. I hate her so much.

New season of the shield starts march 9th!!!!!!!

Smelly, vic is a complete badass, how could you not love him?

12. Pierrot le Fou

Pierrot le Fou IncGamers Member

Woah woah woah... 24 season 3 is on now?!?!?!

Season 2 is gonna be out on DVD here, uh, March. Only some of it. But they'll be playing 24-1 on TV, which'll be nice.

If 24-3 is on, someone will send me video-tapes, well, actually to Durf, who will subtitle them, so that I can show them to all my Japanese friends and be like, "Yeah, I did that."

Uh, yeah.

And 24 did do stuff about the fatigue issues. The President sleeps, I'm pretty sure, as does his family. I'm also pretty-sure that Jack takes uppers during the day (though he does fall asleep in the construction site trailer, or at least is dozing off, and then is fine after he gets the car with the 'standard kit' from CTU).

13. Carnage-DVS

Carnage-DVS IncGamers Member

The shield=one of best shows ever on television. I bought both seasons on dvd and cannot wait for 3rd one to start.

14. Ash Housewares

Ash Housewares IncGamers Member

the day they stop airing Highlander I'll give one of your shows a chance

15. Savage

Savage IncGamers Member

24, I would say, is my second favourite drama show (behind The West Wing). The 3rd season just started here (next tuesday will be the 3rd hour) and it looks promising. If they can top the second season (which topped the first, imo) I'll be impressed.

16. Pierrot le Fou

Pierrot le Fou IncGamers Member

ARRRRRRGH! Why oh why am I in Japan away from 24?! Seriously, if I paid someone, would they send me the eps? I really really am addicted to that show.

17. Smelly

Smelly IncGamers Member

Yeah but you half hate him for all the bad crap he does. Still, like I said, he's such a badass. GO VIC!

18. cyclotronic

cyclotronic IncGamers Member

I hate all Tv that is not history channel except for some adult swim shows(not the anime). Anything else is a waste of my time. The history channel... Seems weird but i watch like 5hours of it a day. So good, can't stop. Must know.

19. SelfBaisResistor

SelfBaisResistor IncGamers Member

24 is cool because Elisha Cuthbert is hot. She's looking fine on the cover of Maxim.

20. Yaboosh

Yaboosh IncGamers Member

I am excited about the midgets show. It should be entertaining. I hope I dont work when it airs.