Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

A safe way of transfering items without someone else? ifra

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Aradhai, May 31, 2005.

1. Aradhai

Aradhai Banned

A safe way of transfering items without someone else?

Hi everyone, this has probably been asked a million times, but I couldn't find any threads about it (maybe it's because of my uber stupidity...)

Anyway, is there a safe way of transfering items between characters without anyone else staying on a game (therefore keeping it active) for you? Thanks for any help.

2. befkonijn

befkonijn IncGamers Member

imo muling alone is never safe but i do it from time to time and got unlucky at a rate of 1/10...

the way you 'could' do it :

make game

wait 5 mins at least in the game

go out with char (dont drop yet)

rejoin game to see if it works

if u can join again (meaning the game is perm'ed) u can start muling at your own risk :D kinda exciting

i would ofc not recommend muling without another person around but sometimes we just dont have a choice..

grtz bef

3. 5Ws

5Ws Banned

Well, stay in the game for over 5 mins and the game will be saved.
    So, get your MF guy, go on a Meph+Andy+Pit run, and after that, exit, and start xfering, always what I do and always works.

4. Lensor

Lensor Banned

The method usually works, just two (and a half) problems:

1) You jump in-and-out of the game to rapidly with your mules, earning you a temp ban (and of course loose your items in the game)

2) You get connection interrupted while in the game, and the game dissapears. This can of course also happen if you mule with a friend, but that way you can at least make sure expensive stuff never touch the ground, hence no risk of it being lost.

"half") You leave stuff on ground too long (being afraid of a RD if you mule too fast), and they poof. Especially white and grey items poof quite fast. Remember to touch stuff on ground now and then.

Conclusion:
    If you mule alone, never mule more at a time than you can bear to loose. :hanky:

5. 5Ws

5Ws Banned

Yep, very risky, I only do it to things not too valuable.
    The safest way is always through someone trustworthy, and through the trade window, that way you will NEVER lose the item, even if you get connection interrupted, or a game crash.
    If you need a xfer buddy, I will gladly help, just PM me, and I'm sure lots of other frequent forumers will do the same, make a post in the Community Help thread, and you should easily find someone trustworthy.

6. Frosty_The_Snowman

Frosty_The_Snowman IncGamers Member

OMG that's soooo true, it happened to me once :scared: !
    Back in 1.09, a friend of mine left the game and gave me TONS of charms (blue). We had a long chitchat while letting the stuff on the ground. Suddenly, they begin to disappear one by one :eek: ! Heh, we all learn from our mistakes :lol: !

7. Bert

Bert IncGamers Member

Did u actually see them disappear? My god must be freaky! :eek:

I always mule with my gf and with a guy I met on Bnet who is also a member of this forum.

8. Twoflower

Twoflower Banned

in short, if u mule alone, expect to loose everything and be happy for each single item you manage to mule

or DONT

which is what i advice

9. Frosty_The_Snowman

Frosty_The_Snowman IncGamers Member

Yes indeed, I *saw* them disappear. I didn't know why they were disappearing (I learned later about the lifetime of dropped items). But what I knew for sure, was that I had to click at lightning speed upon whatever was on the ground (I had to get Warriv and some chickens out of my stash after the click fever :lol: ).

10. Aradhai

Aradhai Banned

God... I just muled some stuff alone for my barb. Only newbie stuff... I waited in the game for at least 10 minutes.... poof... GAME DOESN'T EXIST! ahh well...

11. itsPizzarific

itsPizzarific Banned

theres also public xfering. you join someones game, drop your items while they're unknowingly questing, and come back to pick the items up.

make sure you do this on a difficulty which your characters can reach.

ive found that "act 3 questing" and "act 2 staff" and "act 4 diablo" games tend to work well. ;)

but yes the best way is with a buddy. i lost a lot of items doing both of the described methods. =o

12. skihard

skihard Banned

The way I do it is I start up computer 1 with copy A of the game then start up laptop with copy B of the game do my muling go back to opy A and play. So far I've never lost a thing except that time I forgot to add a pass and someone cmae in and stole my 3 titans, I bone hew, and 1 azurewrath....I'm still pissed at my stupidity over that one.

13. FrozenSolid

FrozenSolid IncGamers Member

Muling alone is risky but Ive done it more than Ive muled with a friend ... havent lost anything with high value yet, 5-min rule has always worked for me.
    But like others said, if you dont have anyone helping you mule you can always trust people here (well most of the people here anyway). Just be sure that its not some scammer.

14. raffster

raffster IncGamers Member

The only *known* safe way is to transfer via trade screen. I've had many items get lost even with another computer open (I have two computers that both run D2). It's tedious but it's 100% safe. Items on the ground disappear eventually, realm downs are very unpredictable and your bnet friends who are actually thieves in disguise (this happened to me one time) could just pop in and grab those items.