Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

A sad sad thing

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by masakerr, Mar 17, 2004.

1. masakerr

masakerr IncGamers Member

A sad sad thing

I was cocky. I was confident. I had completed all of the quests in hell with my 79 summoning Necromancer and just needed a little more experience to pop over to level 80.

"Hey I don't have the Durance of Hate way point" "I'll kill the council and work my way down to the way point"

The council killing went fairly well. Had to hit full rejuvs twice when hit by blizzard from a boss, but I killed the ugly witch. The concil went down without too much trouble and into the Durance I went.

I got the way point and was about || that far from the next level so I continued. I entered through a door and was attacked by the &*%$ dolls. They hit me causing my Arm of King Laoric to spawn a bone prison. I got hit again and another bone prison spawned (lucky me). I hit escape, the message came up to leave the game and I thought, wait I can do this. I went back to the game and that's when a really stupid idea caused my fingers to hit (repeatedly) corpse explosion. I actually cause a minor chain reaction .... then a scream and then a message flashed across the screen .. Your Deeds Of ....

Back to the drawing board. It was really fun while it lasted and my only problems were with narrow passages. I'll be back!

Masa

2. HarbingersOfSkulls

HarbingersOfSkulls IncGamers Member

I gather this was HC? (judging by the "I'll be back" comment), either way I'd agree with you...It must have really stunk to die like that.

Best of luck with your next try Masa.

HoS

3. BleedBlack

BleedBlack Banned

Well when you see "Your Deeds of Valor..." its usually hc...

That suxxors man...thats why I'm too afeared to be playing hc...

4. Lyte_Hammer

Lyte_Hammer IncGamers Member

i have lag spikes far too often to play HC..... kinda pisses me off...... oh and nice new 'tar HoS

5. HarbingersOfSkulls

Well reason why I asked is because I never tried hardcore.

Thanks my buddy Hammer,

:drink: :buddies:

HoS

6. Voldomort

Voldomort IncGamers Member

I would have thrown up, then cried, then killed(whoever was around, and probably used my cpu to do it) not necessarily in that order.

Congrats on getting that far though, quite an accomplishment. My sympathies, bro.

7. HarbingersOfSkulls

That's the main reason why I have not done HC, I would be too mad after finally dying...and I hear about those pker's also that seems to enjoy killing off someone's hard work.

I remember a while back..when DK(under his old name) was making a HC pker. I have been around too long.

HoS

8. Liessa Wyrmbane

Liessa Wyrmbane IncGamers Member

Half of the fun (for me) in Hardcore is rebuilding your chars. You'll learn from your mistakes and you'll seek ways to improve your build. Your next rebuild will almost always be a bit better than the last one. In short, you will evolve.

9. HarbingersOfSkulls

That is so true.

:drink: :buddies:

HoS

10. masakerr

First off, thanks for the kind words. :thumbsup: I gotta say that when you first enter Hard Core and you lose a high level character ... you could become very emotional (lol). I only play hard core these days and I do it for the challenge!

To be honest I LOVE Necromancers. :worship: I really wasn't afraid I'd die (big mistake) cause I could have exited the game. I had plenty of time! But, I thought, I can do this.... in hind sight, what I should have done while trapped in that bone prison was to summon a skeleton from the corpse that was next to me. My bone shield would have saved me from the individual Doll death and bone prison would eventually go away.

I handled this character death very well emotionally speaking. I have since replaced the keyboard (smashed). The dog, it turns out does not have a broken leg, it's only brused (he started run when the keyboard exploded) and after the bits of plastic were removed from my hand it only took 4 stitches to seal the wonds in my hand. So you see, after a while you hardly even notice losing a character with godly gear in hard core.

Did I mention that I had just found Tal Rasha armor and it was sitting in my stash :bonk:

I'm now at level 10 with his replacement :rant:
    Masa

11. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

Only four stitches? That is very manly and courageous of you. I wish you much success in your continuing quest for HC Glory.

12. Dork

Dork IncGamers Member

Bah! Only 4 stitches!

Please! Please tell me that you are just joking........... :cheesy:

That the reason why I never try HC. I'm too careless and reckless.

13. masakerr

Yes, I was only joking. I only play hard core and it's just something you have to accept. Since I've been doing this a long time now, I have lost... let's just say "a few" characters along the road. It is never fun to hear those screams, but then you move on. I don't even have a dog! lol.

I will say this though. I think, so far, the Necro is the easiest character to build for hard core surviability. There are so many different combinations of builds. I am working on mastering the summoning build before I try the others.

Now if you really want to see a grown my cry. If my 89 Sorceress died ... omg, I don't know what I'd do. I laugh now, but if it happened ... maybe I should retire her.

Hard Core is fun! Jump on in and start with a Necro. You'll be suprised at how well they do!

Masa