A ROSE by any other name - Item Find Thread April 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamie

Diabloii.Net Member
@ffs Technically 1.5 runs if you consider horking those guts :D

@NamelessPenguin I'll do a little testing later to confirm. But I'm pretty sure you need much more, unless IAS mechanics work differently for fanat

[B]@Jamie[/B] Your jewel would be super useful in LLD. But elsewhere, I just wouldn't see a use without any IAS.
I was thinking about how amazing that jewel would be with 15 IAS added to those mods. Or -15% req.. or hell 8 or 9 strength added on lol.

I'm not completely sure if all the same mods are capable of spawning on a rare jewel and which ones are prefixes vs. suffixes for everyone... so not sure what all would be a possibility for the 4th mod on that jewel.

Thanks for the input! I was thinking the same about LLD. Not sure exactly how good of a LLD jewel it is though, as I'm not sure what is all possible for <LvL 30. Twitch was the one item I thought it might work in, any other ideas?

helvete: Yeah I kind of thought IAS was out of the question for rare jewels :(. I realize there are some better magic jewel options like 15 All Res+something else...but as far as level 30 requirement and under, are there really that many better options?

GalaXyHaXz

Diabloii.Net Member
Give the affix table a look.

As helvete said, no IAS on rares. Basically it looks like this for LLD jewels (<=30):
Prefixes
- All resist 10
- Single resist 30
- 3 MPK (rare situations, mostly pre-1.10 before mana pots)
- 20% ED
Suffixes
- 9 Max damage
- req -15%
- 9 Str
- 9 dex

If your really dedicated to farm some 08 jewels, you might even see something like:
- All resist 10
- 30% ED
- 18 max damage
- 9 str
- 9 dex
All on a single jewel!!

necrolemming

Diabloii.Net Member
It took longer than I'd have liked to find a superior base for it (and then it was only 9%), and then it took close to all my Mal + Um runes for a roll that wasn't below 300%, but landing on a perfect roll makes up for it a bit.

Oath
Superior Small Crescent
ShaelPulMalLum
One Hand Damage: 284 - 449
Durability: 13 of 13
Required Level: 49
Required Strength: 105
Required Dexterity: 73
Fingerprint: 0x422d5736
Item Level: 87
Version: Expansion
30% Chance to cast level 20 Bone Spirit on striking
Indestructible
+50% Increased Attack Speed
399% Enhanced Damage
+3 to Attack Rating
+75% Damage to Demons
+100 to Attack Rating against Demons
Prevent Monster Heal
+10 to Energy
+15 Magic Absorb
Level 16 Heart of Wolverine (20/20 Charges)
Level 17 Iron Golem (14/14 Charges) Ethereal
4 Sockets (4 used)

T72on1

Diabloii.Net Member
Very nice !!! Oath is such a nice runeword, and often overlooked because of ... well Grief mainly.

necrolemming

Diabloii.Net Member
I wanted to make one because maxicek mentioned Oath in a Small Crescent as his mid-game twinking weapon of choice right before I ran into a 100% stable rack. It'd certainly beat having to use a Hand of Blessed Light or some other nonsense like that up until Grief at 59.

Jamie

Diabloii.Net Member
@drmalawi you seriously found 2 OHM runes and a JAH rune over like a 3 day period, on a non-moded version of Diablo 2?!?! I've found maybe 2 high runes in 15 years of playing D2 -.-

drmalawi

Diabloii.Net Member
@drmalawi you seriously found 2 OHM runes and a JAH rune over like a 3 day period, on a non-moded version of Diablo 2?!?! I've found maybe 2 high runes in 15 years of playing D2 -.-
yeah it was crazy.
This "season" (from Aug 2017) I've got these "high" runes
Gul about 6 (one from hellforge)
Vex 1
Ohm 5 (one from LK chest)
Lo 1
Sur 0
Ber 0
Jah 0
Cham 0
Zod 0

So in average about 2HR/month

If it were 3 HR/2 days for the whole time, I would not enjoy this game actually.

Kitteh

Diabloii.Net Member
yeah it was crazy.
Vex 1
Lo 1
Sur 0
Ber 0
Jah 0
Cham 0
Zod 0

If it were 3 HR/2 days for the whole time, I would not enjoy this game actually.
Just complete your rune word grail, those HRs will disappear fairly quickly :p

Jamie

Diabloii.Net Member
yeah it was crazy.
Vex 1
Lo 1
Sur 0
Ber 0
Jah 0
Cham 0
Zod 0

The rarity of them makes it fun. I quit playing on b.net because of the dupes and bots and everyone having end game gear, regardless of the time and effort put into playing the actual game.

I've found I think one Ohm Rune in 15 years of D2 I've played. Maybe I need to do some more LK.

Jamie

Diabloii.Net Member
Haha. I still feel like It will be years before I have even one character geared up with elite gear or have an Infinity or Enigma on Single Player. Of course I did find a Death's Fathom and can't seem to find the elusive Shako this time around on SP.. so maybe..

darkstarhub

Diabloii.Net Member
Yeah, there are some of the higher Runes that are still tough to find. It’s not like Jahs, Chams, and Zods are falling from the skies.

T72on1

Diabloii.Net Member
What @GalaXyHaXz said. Although Travincal is best run on /p3 most of the time. And Cows is often more efficient at /p5, unless you have a very strong character. And even then the difference isn't huge, and it's easier to spot the drops at /p5.

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator
Not bad. Once I had two shakos in two consecutive Meph runs, but that's probably 10 years ago.

BTW, what's your best "runeword in one" drop? Once I had Dol+Io, there's probably a screenshot somewhere in here. I also think that one of my Jah or Ber drops had Ith as well which is an "almost Enigma" one :).

You will let me know if you hear me telling the same stories again and again, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.