A ROSE by any other name - Item Find Thread April 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yng

Diabloii.Net Member
So I have my first non self found only SP character in the works (a Zerk Pit Barb) and since my Blizzard Sorc produced a Cham for his Shako I've been really considering rolling a few Grief PBs considering my only SP Grief (from my Druid) was a terrible roll.

I had 2x Lo leftover from my Druid and another on the Sorc so I figured my chances were pretty good to beat my original:

What a miserable lot of Griefs..

ffs

Diabloii.Net Member
@Yng Wow that's some really bad luck, sorry. Kinda reminds me of the five CtAs I had to make on my 99er Sorc before I got anything higher than +3 BO. :) But as they say - every Grief is a good Grief nonetheless!

Kitteh

Diabloii.Net Member
Merry Christmas to Kitteh, from Santa? :p

It will probably go towards a Famine at some point, I've always wanted to make an avenger with it. In fact, I have a nice Famine BA on my softcore, but never got around to it...

Cymru Jah.jpg

Cymru Hell HF.jpg

MizzouFTW

Diabloii.Net Member
@Kitteh Beautiful! Is that a Windy?

Did about 30 Nightmare Mephisto runs on my 1.09 orb/nova sork. Found the unique crystal sword, a peasant crown, 31%mf chance guards and an occulus. I immediately implimented the occulus into my weapon slot. Going to keep hitting Nightmare Mephisto for a couple hundred runs as the entrance to Durance 3 is literally one teleport down. The only problem is I only have a 1x2 space in my cube available and a 2x8 space in my inventory. I'm going to have to be very selective about what I have now and what I'm going to keep over the next few hundred runs to maximize my space.

Kitteh

Diabloii.Net Member
@Kitteh Beautiful! Is that a Windy?

Did about 30 Nightmare Mephisto runs on my 1.09 orb/nova sork. Found the unique crystal sword, a peasant crown, 31%mf chance guards and an occulus. I immediately implimented the occulus into my weapon slot. Going to keep hitting Nightmare Mephisto for a couple hundred runs as the entrance to Durance 3 is literally one teleport down. The only problem is I only have a 1x2 space in my cube available and a 2x8 space in my inventory. I'm going to have to be very selective about what I have now and what I'm going to keep over the next few hundred runs to maximize my space.
Nope, hunter druid. Initially he was an arctic shaman, but I didn't enjoy that very much and quickly swapped to a hunter druid. That is my casting and general standing around set, on switch I have Lacerator for the amplify damage :) I also swap between grizzly/wolves and oak/wolverine depending on the situation. Typically in Hell I am using oak though, I'd rather not deeds :p

NamelessPenguin

Diabloii.Net Member
I decided (again) to roll the perfect Andy map, and not stop until I got it. Found something which was decent, and went along with it. Two runs in. Jackpot.

HLW.jpg

I have spent weeks running Andy (I am 100% certain that the drop calc. is wrong regarding this one) for this god damn amulet, and I didn't know whether to be pissed or jump on the bed when it dropped (I settled for yelling in the pillow, so that I didn't disturb the neighbors) My Barb is completed. The rolls can always be better, charms and all that, but the final piece of the puzzle dropped about 10 mins ago.

Did it make a difference? Oh YES! Miss the dual leech from Cresent Moon, though. Now to craft that godly blood ring :rolleyes:

PhineasB

Diabloii.Net Member
I think you'd miss the +skill for Ice (worth 9% cold damage), assuming you would use the cold skills. The 6% enhanced damage seems to be more than +1 skill for strafe (+5% per skill level). But it is possible to find a +3 skills with 15% ED base . . . :rolleyes:

So unless I was really itching to make a Faith wielding strafer, I'd have a hard time spending the Jah. But that's just me! :)

Zenigma

Diabloii.Net Member
Casual TC 87 grailer, no big deal

Code:
Griswold's Honor
Vortex Shield
Defense: 314
Chance to Block: 39
Durability: 50 of 90
Required Level: 68
Required Strength: 148
Fingerprint: 0x5ff7db41
Item Level: 86
Version: Expansion 1.10+
Unidentified
+65% Faster Block Rate
20% Increased Chance of Blocking
+108 Defense
All Resistances +45
3 Sockets (0 used)
Screenshot332.jpg

What's good, forumites?

Zenigma

Diabloii.Net Member
This seems good, thoughts?

Code:
Raven Horn
Coronet
Defense: 31
Durability: 22 of 30
Required Level: 67
Fingerprint: 0xd2ffb3e5
+2 to Paladin Skill Levels
+20% Faster Cast Rate
Adds 6 - 23 Cold Damage Over 1 Secs (25 Frames)
+17 to Dexterity
All Resistances +15
Also found an upgrade for the merc:

Code:
Vampire Gaze
Grim Helm
Defense: 378
Durability: 21 of 21
Required Level: 41
Required Strength: 48
Fingerprint: 0xf1a863c6
Item Level: 87
Unidentified
Adds 6 - 22 Cold Damage Over 4 Secs (100 Frames)
7% Mana stolen per hit
8% Life stolen per hit
+100% Enhanced Defense
15% Slower Stamina Drain
Damage Reduced by 19%
Magic Damage Reduced by 11
Ethereal
Less mdr, but eth, higher dr, and more ll.

DaveW

Diabloii.Net Member
@Zeniqma, that coronet is very nice, especially for a Hammerdin. The 20% FCR takes pressure off other slots to make the 125 FCR BP. With HotO, 35 FCR Spirit and the Coronet you make 95 FCR, needing only an additional 30% from belt, gloves, rings and ammy slot. The resists always help out a Enigma wearing char and the +dex helps maintain the 75% Block. However the coronet gets some serious competition from Shako (+2 skills, +life, +mana, MF, etc). Its definitely a keeper imho.

Kitteh

Diabloii.Net Member
I would keep it, but I'm not sure that I would ever actually use it. Shako is too good and the fcr is achievable elsewhere, as I did with my own hammerdin. I guess if somebody is insistent on using HoZ, then maybe it would be more likely? With Wizzy, you could still reach 125fcr with HoZ, but I don't it being even nearly worth it.

Zenigma

Diabloii.Net Member
Council and meph were oddly quite giving with the useful unique amulets yesterday morning....
Code:
Highlord's Wrath
Amulet
Required Level: 65
Fingerprint: 0x9b37aedb
Item Level: 85
+1 to All Skills
+20% Increased Attack Speed
Adds 1 - 30 Lightning Damage
3% Deadly Strike (Based on Character Level)
Lightning Resist +35%
Attacker Takes Lightning Damage of 15

Highlord's Wrath
Amulet
Fingerprint: 0x24e9409e
+1 to All Skills
+20% Increased Attack Speed
Adds 1 - 30 Lightning Damage
3% Deadly Strike (Based on Character Level)
Lightning Resist +35%
Attacker Takes Lightning Damage of 15

Mara's Kaleidoscope
Amulet
Required Level: 67
Fingerprint: 0x6fd64917
+2 to All Skills
All Stats +5
All Resistances +28

Seraph's Hymn
Amulet
Fingerprint: 0x285a4f0c
Unidentified
+2 to All Skills
+2 to Defensive Aura Skills (Paladin Only)
+42% Damage to Demons
+175 to Attack Rating against Demons
+50% Damage to Undead
+231 to Attack Rating against Undead
+2 to Light Radius
All found over a span of a couple hours. The highlords were found about 10 minutes or so apart if memory serves

That's among roughly 11 pieces of unique jewelry found yesterday morning in all during that time period. Things just seemed to coming together.

NamelessPenguin

Diabloii.Net Member
Useful? Is Delerium used on other than Mercs? I sorta kinda thought about making a Druid Baal runner, and hoped to put this helm to use.

3os+3tornado.jpg

Zenigma

Diabloii.Net Member
Useful? Is Delerium used on other than Mercs? I sorta kinda thought about making a Druid Baal runner, and hoped to put this helm to use.

View attachment 7540
I made a deli in 3 nado/3 grizzly pelt on my untwinked windy. Dropped a point into werewolf in order to shift out of bone fetish. Not as good as a +5 nado rare pelt with the right mods, but much easier to obtain and get that damage. There's some good safety to be had with ctc mb and ctc terror when struck, but it could interfere with reaper's if you have it on merc if you're too close to him and get hit.
Ists are easy enough to come by if you're hunting some runes. Plus if you haven't put into vines on your windy, that +1 solar creeper at the very least doesn't harm you. It comes down to what you want.

In other news, my barb found some new playthings, and for those of you following the untwinked 99er thread, you'll know I'm excited about a weapon I have in wait for when I can upgrade it... well... I gambled this

Code:
Blood Prod
Pilum
Throw Damage: 27 - 89
One Hand Damage: 15 - 46
Quantity: 50
Required Level: 51
Required Dexterity: 45
Fingerprint: 0x9b72c349
294% Enhanced Damage
+11 to Maximum Damage
+53 to Attack Rating
8% Mana stolen per hit
+13 to Strength
Almost matches the damage of the other when fully upgraded, provides more ml and some strength to boot!

but shortly before that, I found this:

Code:
Bone Wood
Spiculum
Throw Damage: 137 - 258
One Hand Damage: 55 - 163
Quantity: 17
Required Level: 48
Required Strength: 98
Required Dexterity: 73
Fingerprint: 0xfdabb60f
Item Level: 85
330% Enhanced Damage
+159 to Attack Rating
Adds 8 - 16 Fire Damage
Adds 21 Poison Damage Over 4 Secs (100 Frames)
Now that's going to provide some massive damage (roughly 25% more than the other two), however it comes at the expense of ml. But for now, my dual leech ring will suffice, although I'd rather swap it out for a heavy life leech craft I have in the stash. Anyways, that's a development for the future. For now, I admire my shiny, pointy sticks

mir

Diabloii.Net Member
Should I keep this charm?? :confused:

Shimmering Small Charm of Fortune
Keep in Inventory to Gain Bonus
Required Level: 25
Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
Item Level: 71
Fingerprint: 0x909b1da4
All Resistances +3
4% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Status