Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

A Romping Good Read

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by carrothers, Jun 25, 2005.

1. carrothers

carrothers IncGamers Member

A Romping Good Read

I'll go ahead and preface this quick real-life occurance by entitling the story...

WHY IT PAYS TO BE MY FRIEND ON D2
    -or-
    WHY YOU'LL HATE ME BY THE END OF THIS POST

So last Friday night, me and the guys all came over to my place to LAN some Starcraft. While they were setting up their computers, I made a random game for my Pally in hell so he could do a magic find run. Well, I'm teleing away, killing monsters, Andy, Baal, etc. I take him back to A1 town to sell drops, refuel on potions, etc. One of the guys in the other room called me in to fix his computer (get it onto the network), so I minimized Diablo II (I play in window mode, less lag for me that way for some reason). We get things going, play a couple matches in Starcraft, and then we get ready for bed. Before I got to sleep, and in between matches, I'd take the hammer pally running around in the game to kill more monsters, etc. I ended up really tired by then, and had to catch some zzz's. I was waken up at around 5AM (just shy of sleeping 2 WHOLE HOURS) by some loud birds in the tree outside my window or something. Well, I got up to close down D2 since I'd forgotten to shut down, etc. I hit 'm' on the keyboard just to see if people were muling or something in my game. I was astonished at what I saw. THE SOJ COUNTER WAS ROLLING. And man was it rolling, too. In fact, it had rolled to a point where it said "Diablo Walks the Earth". This was the first time I had ever seen this happen, so needless to say I was pretty happy! Being so overjoyed at this occurance, I decided to gear up my hammer pally to fight Uber Diablo. Sadly, as I clicked my inventory, I remembered that all 4 of my hi level non mule characters have Annihiluses anyhow, as a result of some l33t trading skillz and giving up a LOT of nice stuff. I was a little disheartened that killing Uber Diablo wouldn't net me anything except the pride that I'd killed him. I needed more satisfaction. I then looked up my friends list, and remembered that I'd added a guy a couple days ago that I'd helped out by giving him some items, he'd helped me TF items, and I'd helped him even up some trades by me throwing some items his way as trade fodder. He happened to be up at this ungodly hour of the morning, so I messaged him to see what was up. I told him that he could get a free Annihilus if he helped me out for a couple of minutes, and he thought I was joking. After some pleading, I convinced him to stop Baal Running one of his lowbie characters and get his ebotd/death barb into my game. He came in, and we traveled off to a magical place called the Stony Field. Sure enough, right in the middle of the Cairn Stones was a shadowy figure known as Uber Diablo. It was intense!!! One shot and he disposed of my merc with his pink lightning powers. Me and my barbarian comrade stayed alive and proceeded to go into beatdown mode on Uber Diablo. It took a whole 3 minutes of attacking, but then he was dead. I screenshotted his corpse, and my new friend got a free Annihilus for about 5 minutes of his precious time. As soon as he and I went back into town, some guy that was IP checking or whatever (he had all the clone hunting toolz and was looking for a fast anni by just joining the right server) came into the game. Luckily, we killed Uber Diablo, and this other guy got no Annihilus. Just goes to show him that even if you use all the right netstats or MIRC, you might not get your 785th Uber Diablo kill. Lucky me.

In summary, I've decided I'm a pretty lucky fella. You're all going to hate me now for my minimal work to get Uber Diablo (especially those of you who were like me and have never seen one). At least I gave the Anni away to someone who could use / needed it. It pays to be my friend. :lol:

2. kmk-soldier

kmk-soldier IncGamers Member

nice story,a good deed for the year :thumbsup: , too bad im not that friend :lol:

good luck have fun ;)

3. Joch

Joch IncGamers Member

I'dd certainly when u think I actually hunted for dclone when the dclone site was still available to check ip's.. 3 months never seen a spawn so gave it up & you say you have one on every char ...

yes it's "WHY YOU'LL HATE ME BY THE END OF THIS POST" :D