Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

a quick pit question

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by jj52786, Feb 4, 2004.

1. jj52786

jj52786 IncGamers Member

a quick pit question

Well i lied its two questions.
    First, is it worth killing all those damn carvers and all? Can they drop the godly uniques/rares? I know that every monster in teh pit can drop any item in the game, but can the carvers, who take so long to kill and are imo the hardest, worth killing? Or will they always drop rares because they dont have a high enough level to drop the unique version.

Second, as im heading towards the pit i see monster packs in the tamoe highland. Some of them are unique monster packs of the same type in the pit, are they worth killing and are they able to drop any item in the game and in its unique form as well? Thanks for your help.

2. JEDi-MiNDTRiCKS

JEDi-MiNDTRiCKS Banned

It's worth killing everything because still chances of finding good uniques, or eth 6 soc weps and all sock items for runewords. If you run into boss packs on the way I am pretty sure they are same lvl as the pit, so they can drop everything too. I wouldn't go out of your way to kill em all though, just takes up too much time and you end up killing less than mass quick pit runs.

3. Daemonaz

Daemonaz IncGamers Member

No boss packs on the way to the pit, as in the Tamoe Highlands or The Outer Cloister are of a lot lower level than the monsters in the pit. They cannot drop the highest uniques and sets. I usually don't bother killing them, takes time which is better spent killing everything you come across in the pit.

Also, don't bother with clearing the whole pit, it takes too much time too. If you find the 2nd level rather quickly, just clear it, open the chest and start a new one.

4. Borlag

Borlag IncGamers Member

The Tamoe Highland critters aren't mlvl85, they're much lower so if you only want the best, then don't bother with them. As for the pits itself, do full clears, the chest does not drop the lvl87 items, the monsters do. Level 2 has 2-3 bosses, so it's a good clear seeing that they're packed real close, level 1 has them scattered all over the place but it's still good to clear that one too.

If you're doing the runs, it means you have the time to spare to clear them properly. You might also want to check the pit guide in this forum...

5. Daemonaz

Daemonaz IncGamers Member

I still say that if you can't teleport clearing the whole place is inefficient. Running back and forth takes time, imho, just start a new game.

6. festers50

festers50 IncGamers Member

While the uniques on the way to the pit are not mlvl 85, they can still drop useful items, like shako and war travs. :cool:

7. Nastie_Bowie

Nastie_Bowie Banned

If every monster in The Pit can drop good items, kill em all.

My windyzon, might merc and 21 valkie have very little trouble cleaning the entire cave.

Six socket hydra bow and hellslayer last night.

NB :D