Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

A Quick Lightning Fury Question

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Thirty-Thirty, Nov 7, 2006.

1. Thirty-Thirty

Thirty-Thirty IncGamers Member

A Quick Lightning Fury Question

Ahoy,

I'm still trucking through Eastern Sun. I've nearly Mat/Patted each character class now. I'm currently working on my 'Beserk Fury' barb. The gist is that its Lightning Fury, only with magic damage.

I'm wondering if part of the mechanism is the same as LoD's Lightning Fury. I've gotten myself up to 100% pierce, for a simple reason: the first hit triggers the Fury bolts, but any subsequent hits also trigger the bolts. Is LF the same? That is, if your main javelin pierces, will the hits after the first monster also trigger the fury bolts?

If so, then I can see why they make such spectacular cow runners. In the Cow Level, it isn't hard for a javelin to hit 5 or so monsters, and that makes for more than a hundred bolts!

Cheers,
    30-30

2. Serdash

Serdash IncGamers Member

Yes, lightning fury works in the sense that if the attack sends out 25 bolts, the first hit will send out 25, if the javelin pierces and hits a second monster, it will send out 25 more, and so on until the maximum of five pierces have been made(I think five is maximum).

I assume if this "Berserk Fury" is based off of the same animation and skill, and is with a thrown weapon and simply changes the "element' the damage does, it will work the same way as well.

Then again I'm not 100% sure what you're specifically asking. ;)

3. Thirty-Thirty

That's the answer I was looking for. Thanks. I'm now very tempted to build me a LFzon.

4. Hrus

Hrus IncGamers Member

I have played the berserk Fury barb in ES, and yes, it's the same. In my experience, if there are only 2 or three monsters, you will get max damage if you place yourself so the one of them is behind another - it seems like the main bolt continues in it's basic direction (while the other bolts are aimed)

Here is my Pat thread
    And the double throw damage is of course bugged in the same way as in the vanilla D2.

5. Thirty-Thirty

Double throw damage is bugged? How?

6. Hrus

Hrus IncGamers Member

Double Throw damage is calculated well, but the LCS is bugged - it shows much higher damage than is actually dealt. IIRC it multiply throw mastery ED with other sources of ED instead of just adding them.